Quantcast
whats goign to be the minimum age for driving next year in bc? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: whats goign to be the minimum age for driving next year in bc?

My Ride
    None. Only 15

Default whats goign to be the minimum age for driving next year in bc?

is it country wide or just in bc? would suck if they raised it to 18 next year..( i turn 16 next year sniff)
    i dun know a thing about cars. Someone teach me.

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

WIth insurance rates the way they are, the insurance co's are pretty much dictating the driving age.

Khyron

My Ride
    BMW X1 35i MSport

i hope they change it soon. i can't wait 5 years.

Here in Calgary we can still get our learners at 14 and our liscense at 16, but theres new rules - No driving after midnight, can't have more than 4 people in the car, and no driving before 6 am.

I'm pretty sure thats it.

My Ride
    None. Only 15

14!!! holy... (i waan move there!)
    how do i check for bc? is there a government website for this stuff?

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

hopefully they move it up.. it won't affect me. Keep those youngins off the streets!
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

In edmonton we still get our learners at 14.

Before May 20 of this year, you had no restrictions just a 18 year old licensed driver with you. ( Of course i got my learners 2 years ago)

But now for new learners you have to hold your learners permit for 1 year when before there was no limit.

I just turned 16 and got my license on the 2nd of this month.

On may 20 they changed the law that i cant have more people then seatbelts and only allowed 8 demerits when before there is 15 demerits, when i turn 18 i have to take another test to be allowed the other 7 demerits.

But i do not have a curfew, my license is normal all that is changed is that i can only have 8 demerits.

It must suck for the other provinces to have a curfew or to be licensed at 18.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Not having more people than seatbelts? Isn't that just common sense? LOL
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    None. Only 15

i dotn care if i have restrictions its not like i'm gonna go anywhere far... bus is tiring i just wnana drive!

My Ride
    None. Only 15

where can i check for new restrictions? oh yeah btw guys do u have to enter driving school AFTEr u turn (insert minimum age here)? or can u do it before so that u get ur license at minimum age?

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by KPDrag0n
    where can i check for new restrictions? oh yeah btw guys do u have to enter driving school AFTEr u turn (insert minimum age here)? or can u do it before so that u get ur license at minimum age?
    You don't have to take driving school to get your license but it certainly helps for insurance and for the test itself because there's some stuff that you probably don't know that examiners will catch you on.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info