Quantcast
Calgary's Official Mazdaspeed thread - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary's Official Mazdaspeed thread

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by JordanAndrew

Yes there is an adjust for the seats. I test drove both cars so I know for a fact that the adjust exists.

I suggest getting a mazdaspeed3 if you're looking into getting a mazda 3 GT with the luxury package.

I was looking into getting just the mazda 3 GT with luxury package but for a little bit more money, you get a whack full of goodies that comes standard with mazdaspeed3. I think it worked out to be an extra 3-4K more but the gains are phenomenal. Too bad the speed doesn't get leather seats but that's a price I just have to deal with. Just giving you a heads up.
    It doesn't come with heated seats either right? I thought the dealer was telling me something about them being able to put some in for 700 bux each I think all cars above 25K should have them in Canada. There is no reason not to.

My Ride
    Acura TL, 2016 Yamaha FZ-07

yeah I was kind of dissappointed that the car didn't come with heated seats or leather but that's ok. I guess you have to sacrifice those things if you want to have more performance by getting the speed3 instead of just the normal mazda 3.

I was quite shocked that the car didn't come with sunroof either but I guess it's because they needed the frame to be more stiffer, something along those lines.

I kinda wish the mazdaspeed 3 came in the sedan form because I like the sedan look better, what do you guys think?

My Ride
    Sentra

I was quite shocked that the car didn't come with sunroof either but I guess it's because they needed the frame to be more stiffer, something along those lines.
    Sounds like some BS they told you. The SRT-4s had sunroofs, no reason they couldn't have had that as an option I would think.

My Ride

^^yeah it's probably BS. I'll definitely miss the summer days when I can open up my sunroof and enjoy a nice cruise. Ah well

My Ride
    00 Honda CR-V, 02 IS300

Originally posted by GoChris

Sounds like some BS they told you. The SRT-4s had sunroofs, no reason they couldn't have had that as an option I would think.
    not completely BS... all the honda tuner cars and some other tuner cars do not have sunroofs as their suspensions are built with the roof bracing to complete the package... eg: Integra Type-R, Civic Type-R, Mazdaspeed Protege, BMW M6, etc...

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

hey CivicDXR, what type of primer and paint did you used? Was it wheel-specific paint?? Sanded them a bit before applying?

My Ride
    00 Honda CR-V, 02 IS300

primer was your standard automotive primer, paint was actually an engine enamel cause I liked the color... sanded only to scuff the surface...

My Ride

I'm really looking forward in painting my wheels, thanks for the tips man!

My Ride
    03' Vitara\VW GTI

So I am stuck in a deliema

me wants GTI as specified in a thread before...

but the other options were A3 (s-line) or Volvo's C30

then came the practicality perspective of which well...
    the A3 came to play

but for 46K.... I was really unimpressed
    The 2.0T is a brilliant engine w/ the DSG but felt somewhat muted in the A3's package

however... the A3 is like a more functional, comfortable and pretencious repackaging of the GTI and the R32 respectively (S3)

but then came along the new WRX and Speed3

and I have to say, for 32K the Speed3 is the most ultimate in it's price range

So considering the price bracket is around the same as a SI/CSX-Type S etc...

The speed 3 is a YES in my books

I've decided to hold on, to see what the new updates to the speed 3 are to be, as I am not a fan of a few things...
    especially the seats
    If they introduce a monotone theme with some finishing touches as they intend to introduce

I'll push my chips all in and smile

My Ride

You should take an afternoon off and drive 3 or 4 of these cars back to back and it should be clear which you like the most. To me I don't mind paying a bit more for something I really want and like, otherwise how can you argue the price on the Si/Caliber SRT4. Cheap cheap with low rates too.

I kinda wish the mazdaspeed 3 came in the sedan form because I like the sedan look better, what do you guys think?
    If it came in the sedan, id deal with the FWD torquesteer and buy one.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by r3cc0s

the A3 came to play

The 2.0T is a brilliant engine w/ the DSG but felt somewhat muted in the A3's package
    The A3 S-line only comes in quattro with the 3.2L V6 so I'm not sure what you drove. The VW/Audi 2.0L turbo is one of the nicest 4-cylinder engines around but you can definitely notice the extra low end grunt of the 3.2L V6.

My Ride
    03' Vitara\VW GTI

It was a 2.0 FWD w/ DSG on a A3 with a S-line package
    the S3 is the 3.2L AWD R32 counterpart I think

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

Originally posted by heavyD

The A3 S-line only comes in quattro with the 3.2L V6 so I'm not sure what you drove. The VW/Audi 2.0L turbo is one of the nicest 4-cylinder engines around but you can definitely notice the extra low end grunt of the 3.2L V6.
    He probably drove a base A3 with the 2.0 and DSG. If you get it with the sport suspension package it comes with a lot of fancy S-Line badging and junk. $46k is about right for a fairly loaded down one. From looking on Audis website, it must have been a leftover 2007 model, for 2008 it doesn't look like you can get the sportier suspension on the base models any more.
    Drag racing is for fast cars. Solo 2 is for fast drivers.

My Ride

Originally posted by 403Gemini

If it came in the sedan, id deal with the FWD torquesteer and buy one.
    Honestly I don't mind the torquesteer at all, I don't even notice it anymore. But yeah, the sedan looks a bit more in the classier side rather than the boyish hatchback look.

My Ride

So I am stuck in a deliema

me wants GTI as specified in a thread before...

the A3 came to play

however... the A3 is like a more functional, comfortable and pretencious repackaging of the GTI and the R32 respectively (S3)

but then came along the new WRX and Speed3

and I have to say, for 32K the Speed3 is the most ultimate in it's price range

So considering the price bracket is around the same as a SI/CSX-Type S etc...

The speed 3 is a YES in my books

I've decided to hold on, to see what the new updates to the speed 3 are to be, as I am not a fan of a few things...
    especially the seats
    If they introduce a monotone theme with some finishing touches as they intend to introduce

I'll push my chips all in and smile
    Yeah I didn't like the seats in the speed 3 either as I was really leaning towards leather interior. But after test driving it I fell in love with it. I love the powerful turbo engine, sports suspension, HID projection lights, LED lights, fog lights, 18 in wheels with bridgestone summer tires, oversized breaks, I can go on and on about it but you're probably better off checking their website. Heck check it out yourself at the dealership!

My Ride
    03' Vitara\VW GTI

Yeah I didn't like the seats in the speed 3 either as I was really leaning towards leather interior. But after test driving it I fell in love with it. I love the powerful turbo engine, sports suspension, HID projection lights, LED lights, fog lights, 18 in wheels with bridgestone summer tires, oversized breaks, I can go on and on about it but you're probably better off checking their website. Heck check it out yourself at the dealership!
    Actuality I have driven everything that I listed...
    When it comes down to Fit/Finish...
    I'd hand it to the VAG group
    The A3 & GTI respectively are both very well finished cars with that typical "german" feel.. i.e. when you slam a door shut, it feels solid and less tinny than their american/japanese counterparts

Speed3 I found to be a very nice car... just needs a more mature'd interior, but otherwise I'd say it pulls from the pack of Spec-V's and Si's
    & for 32G's, you can't find that kind of head snapping fun, anywhere outside of the SRTFART (which will never be in my garage)

however they are all good cars, the A3 & C30 possibly being the most elequant
    but the Mazdaspeed is fun and "cheap" yet retains it's popular good looks and extra goodies

My Ride

Actuality I have driven everything that I listed...
    When it comes down to Fit/Finish...
    I'd hand it to the VAG group
    The A3 & GTI respectively are both very well finished cars with that typical "german" feel.. i.e. when you slam a door shut, it feels solid and less tinny than their american/japanese counterparts

Speed3 I found to be a very nice car... just needs a more mature'd interior, but otherwise I'd say it pulls from the pack of Spec-V's and Si's
    & for 32G's, you can't find that kind of head snapping fun, anywhere outside of the SRTFART (which will never be in my garage)

however they are all good cars, the A3 & C30 possibly being the most elequant
    but the Mazdaspeed is fun and "cheap" yet retains it's popular good looks and extra goodies
    Why would the SRT4 not be in your garage? Have you driven one of do you just not like it because it's a Dodge?

My Ride
    03' Vitara\VW GTI

Originally posted by Aleks

Why would the SRT4 not be in your garage? Have you driven one of do you just not like it because it's a Dodge?
    haven't driven one, but because it's a Dodge yes...

Plus, quoted SRT 4, priced with same equipment as Mazdaspeed 3, is not far off

Performance numbers are reasonably close, until it comes down to the issues with torque steer and handling

plus I don't like the styling and yes it's a Dodge lol

Originally posted by Aleks
    You should take an afternoon off and drive 3 or 4 of these cars back to back and it should be clear which you like the most. To me I don't mind paying a bit more for something I really want and like, otherwise how can you argue the price on the Si/Caliber SRT4. Cheap cheap with low rates too.
    For sure, this is why I bought a ms3. It's the best performing car in its class, with four doors and a roomy hatch, lots of nice features and a decent interior. 0% financing is just the icing on the cake.

Sure the new srt-4 is fun, but there is no denying the cheapness of the interior. Even more so than the ms3's. As mentioned, when loaded up the dodge becomes pricey as well. Mind you the aftermarket for it will no doubt be huge. No lsd is what really gets me though, cars in this segment should come with one.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast