Quantcast
WTF is with all the major accidents lately?!?! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WTF is with all the major accidents lately?!?!

My Ride
    A big red Taco, '99 4Runner

Default WTF is with all the major accidents lately?!?!

Are drivers getting dumber, or are they just taking more and more risks? In the last two weeks, there have been 4 major accidents, causing serious injury or death. What the hell is going on? I mean, when I see a dump truck or a big SUV behind me, I get a little nervous and hope that they will stop, because I don't want to become another statistic.

yep, almost had one plow into me the other day. People tailgate and think their SUVs and F150s are sports cars that can stop/turn on a dime.

Anyone know a guy with a riced out blue Neon with chrome wheels that says "Dodge" on the side with chrome lettering?

I saw him get into a wreck a while back. Wondering if anyone heard anything of this.

My Ride
    MTA

Some driver's are just fearless now. They think they are invincible to an accident and will never get into one. So dam cocky. So many idiots tail gate now, I also get nervous when the SUV's and big trucks are behind me.

There was a dump truck coming up behind me yesterday when i was waiting at a light and i kept moving forward thinking he was going to run right over me!

My Ride
    '87 RX-7 Tii

All that crash-test rating stuff kinda goes to the wind when you've got an 18-wheeler barreling down on you.
    "Well here's the problem. Some koot put an Acura engine in your Honda."

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

I think the heat has cooked their brains! But pretty soon the brains will be frozen..... is it even worth taking our cars out on the roads anymore?
    I think drivers testing should be harder - and then re-testing every 3 years. That may help people's drving skills from going to pot!

My Ride
    91 MR2 turbo

ya just a few weeks ago, this truckers guy carrying TONS of gasoline feel asleep oh the wheels whiile DRIVING ON THE FREEWAY and crashed into the barriers and the whole thing exploded, he was so lucky that no one else was in that crash and he got away too cuz someone pulled him out before it went on fire.

Crazy bunch of people i tell ya!

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

Originally posted by Loose
    Anyone know a guy with a riced out blue Neon with chrome wheels that says "Dodge" on the side with chrome lettering?

I saw him get into a wreck a while back. Wondering if anyone heard anything of this.
    Ah yes, the "fool injected" neon... he lives right up the street from me and i have not seem him in a while.. was wondering what happned.. how bad is the dammage?

Got smoked by a red light running Suburban. Must have been punted a good 60 ft, spun 90 degreees. Ouch!

My Ride
    FJC, S30

you guys talk about all the suv drivers like we cant drive or somethin. to tell you sedan/sport car guys. you guys aint the best of drivers too hey. i get a whole bunch of ricer fly by's or cut offs just cuz they can accelate faster than my suv. yes i admit im scared of suvs when im driving in my wagon but im just as equally scared when im driving in my jeep cuz of lil honda civics tryin to cut me off all the time. i just think the ppl are just more careless and has nothin to do with the type of car ppl are driving.
    Submaker.Illest.

I'd just like to give a big one finger salute to the boob in the minivan who pulled into a line of traffic on Mcleod at 5 km/h when we were doing 80+ ...!

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by DSM Power
    I'd just like to give a big one finger salute to the boob in the minivan who pulled into a line of traffic on Mcleod at 5 km/h when we were doing 80+ ...!
    you were still breaking the law though!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    2002 SVT Focus

Yesterday ,on the Trans Canada ,east of Canmore in the westbound lanes ,there was a rolled tractor-trailer. His load was all over the westbound lanes and the cab was partly crushed.

Hopefully there were no cars buried under the trailer.
    11 F-150 Supercrew FX4 5.0

Originally posted by fast95pony
    His load was all over the westbound lanes

My Ride
    Chevrolet Suburban

Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
    you guys talk about all the suv drivers like we cant drive or somethin. to tell you sedan/sport car guys. you guys aint the best of drivers too hey. i get a whole bunch of ricer fly by's or cut offs just cuz they can accelate faster than my suv. yes i admit im scared of suvs when im driving in my wagon but im just as equally scared when im driving in my jeep cuz of lil honda civics tryin to cut me off all the time. i just think the ppl are just more careless and has nothin to do with the type of car ppl are driving.

Totally true, it's the driver that's dangerous, not what he's driving

i dont know about the suv drivers. i drive one i was sitting at a light and all of a sudden i here screting tires and then feel it ya i get rear ended by some car the driver was on the phone. my car is newer and he did not even get out of the car all the way i found ot he hit me at 45 or so

My Ride
    Brick Type R, SC AW11, Alcyone

Damn you should have seen the drive I had to work this morning. First car I pass on 14th St NW was brushing his teeth, first time I saw this.... Next we have someone eating a Mcdonalds breakfast in one hand and holding his coffe in the other, last one of the crazy bunch this morning a old Grand Am weaving in and out of traffic while reading the Calgary Sun....

Oh well when you head downtown at 7:00 on a Saturday I guess you're bound to see weird things...
    omgwtfbbq

Default no

Nope. Hate to disagree, it's not the driver, it IS the vehicle.

SUV's just do more damage and kill more people because of their weight.

Also, they give a false sense of confidence, which is the number 1 cause of accidents (more than speeding!).

Originally posted by RiceCake
    Damn you should have seen the drive I had to work this morning. First car I pass on 14th St NW was brushing his teeth, first time I saw this.... Next we have someone eating a Mcdonalds breakfast in one hand and holding his coffe in the other, last one of the crazy bunch this morning a old Grand Am weaving in and out of traffic while reading the Calgary Sun....

Oh well when you head downtown at 7:00 on a Saturday I guess you're bound to see weird things...
    I saw the same thing on friday morning on deerfoot. But it was a guy having his soup with a bun. I guess he was late for work?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast