Quantcast
Campbell Hausfeld Air Compressor/Nailer Combo at Home Depot $299 Good Price? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Campbell Hausfeld Air Compressor/Nailer Combo at Home Depot $299 Good Price?

My Ride
    03 Mdx, 05 Gli

Default Campbell Hausfeld Air Compressor/Nailer Combo at Home Depot $299 Good Price?

I've searched and can't find an online review anywhere for this combo. Looking for any input. I can't post a link because it's not actually on their website, but on page 4 of the Home Depot flyer they have a 4 Gallon Twin Stack Air Compressor with Flooring Nailer and Finish Nailer for $299.

I'm just looking for opinions on this brand? Good Price? Good Quality? Recommend or Stay Away?

I'm planning to install some hardwood flooring (about 500sq ft) and want something that's not overly expensive but good quality and will last.

My Ride
    4cyl turbo diesel with a max speed of 10.9kmh

I have that one and it works excellent, I paid only 119 for it though not including the nailers. If you are only doing 500sq feet of hardwood rent the flooring nailer for 35 bux a day, should only take you one day.

CONCRETE PATIO SPECIAL, PM ME FOR DETAILS!

Personally I think you want something with more air capacity. Once you use air tools it's hard to go back and 4gal isn't going to allow you to use many tools.

As far as the brand, I have a CH (13 gal), I've had it for 4-5 years. I use it with nailers, air ratchets, etc. and also to blow out my sprinkler system. Haven't had any problems at all with it, except that I wish I would have bought a bigger one.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Default Re: Campbell Hausfeld Air Compressor/Nailer Combo at Home Depot $299 Good Price?

Originally posted by project240

I want something that's not overly expensive but good quality and will last.
    Then keep looking. Find something by Hitachi or Dewalt if you want (fairly)cheap, but GOOD, and something that'll last.

Campbell & Hausfeld is pretty damn low end. I ended up with a 1.5hp twin tank when my grandpa passed away a few years ago, and the compressor is absolute dog shit. These little confetti sized metal flap valves (that aren't secured, just held in by the cylinder head squeezing them to the cylinder) keep on coming loose, so I need to pull the head off and reset the valves fairly often. Somedays it doesn't want to start, so you have to pull the cover off and turn the flywheel, as sometimes the motor stops just before the tip of the compression stroke, and the motor doesn't have enough jam to start the cycle, and thats at zero psi (the thing leaks).
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"