Quantcast
LF: Gravel Crew workers - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: LF: Gravel Crew workers

Default LF: Gravel Crew workers

2 guys on my crew quit to pursue other careers, we are looking for some new guys. You must have a drivers license, and be able to work hard.

I'm the truck driver and i still do manual labor duties, but basically what we do is put gravel into new homes before concrete is poured. It's a tough job, pushing a 300lb wheel barrel for a good part of the day.

Pay is $20 to start, $24 after 3 months, $1 performance bonus. Overtime after 8 hrs in the day. Seriously if your a bitch and cannot handle this job do not pm me. I'm not looking for super huge guys, just people that know how to work, i'm only 5'11, 170 lbs.

I'm more importantly looking for some younger guys to organize my own crew, i'm young myself and if you got energy it will be a good job.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

What are the hours like?And Mon-Fri?Benefits?
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Originally posted by dj_rice
    What are the hours like?And Mon-Fri?Benefits?

My Ride
    07 Avalanche

I'll be interested for a few months while the oilfield is slow.. driver only though i have my class 3/Q, drive clutchless and have a fair amount of hours.

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

what does driving clutchless have to do with anything? haha class 3 guys ftl

My Ride
    07 Avalanche

because you save the clutch and means you probably actually gear down instead of nailing on the brakes. Not to mention you can shift twice as fast and all truckers do it.

My Ride
    Subaru wagon

Originally posted by zarge
    because you save the clutch and means you probably actually gear down instead of nailing on the brakes. Not to mention you can shift twice as fast and all truckers do it.

oh geee, you save the clutch, brakes are cheaper. and a clutch is cheaper than a tranny, but keep on shifting w/o a clutch.

I believe in full employment, you think they designed a clutch for no reason? they pay engineers big bucks to design something.

Originally posted by zarge
    I'll be interested for a few months while the oilfield is slow.. driver only though i have my class 3/Q, drive clutchless and have a fair amount of hours.
    This is gravel, we don't do "driver only" I have my class 1 and i still do labour.

actually, driving clutchless does take more skill. I can drive both, but i prefer to double clutch, it's just a habit. LOL clutchless shifting will not harm the trucks. I have driven trucks with a million kms still on the original transmission.

My Ride
    Da1.8t , e46 m3 , dc2 Gsr supercharged, 2001 typeR

if u dont mind me asking what comapny do u work /sub-contarct for

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

Originally posted by Rui M
    actually, driving clutch less does take more skill. I can drive both, but i prefer to double clutch, it's just a habit. LOL clutch less shifting will not harm the trucks. I have driven trucks with a million km's still on the original transmission.
    i have 6 years with a class one, i haven't used a clutch since day one, it doesn't take anymore skill because clutches are basically useless. the gears aren't synchronized, the clutch helps get the truck out of gear but won't help sweet f all to get it into gear. trannys on a semi should have a million miles on em, the gears are fucking huge.
    I am just wondering why someone would throw that out there though, like if it came down to a guy that i was hiring that said i have a class 3 drive clutchless with some experience, and another guy who comes to me and says i have a class 3 with some experience, i would probably take the guy with some experience, not the guy that has some experience but thinks he is experienced

My Ride
    Red with stripes and a shitbox truck

Default Re: LF: Gravel Crew workers

Seriously if your a bitch and cannot handle this job do not pm me. I'm not looking for super huge guys, just people that know how to work, i'm only 5'11, 170 lbs.

Right on for putting that in there man. When I was working landscaping I used to just go apeshit when you'd be doing hard work and some lazy fuck couldn't handle their share and expected to get paid to sit around.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Default Re: LF: Gravel Crew workers

2 guys on my crew quit to pursue other careers, we are looking for some new guys. You must have a drivers license, and be able to work hard.

I'm the truck driver and i still do manual labor duties, but basically what we do is put gravel into new homes before concrete is poured. It's a tough job, pushing a 300lb wheel barrel for a good part of the day.

Pay is $20 to start, $24 after 3 months, $1 performance bonus. Overtime after 8 hrs in the day. Seriously if your a bitch and cannot handle this job do not pm me. I'm not looking for super huge guys, just people that know how to work, i'm only 5'11, 170 lbs.

I'm more importantly looking for some younger guys to organize my own crew, i'm young myself and if you got energy it will be a good job.

hahaha...I did cribbing off and on for 5 years....NEVER AGAIN!!

its not easy work.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    '19 GTI

im'd

My Ride
    dulls my senses

PMd a couple days ago... waiting to hear back.

positions already filled sorry guys. If you wanna do grunt work and make these wages just walk into any business and ask.

A-1
    Lenbeth
    Travale

etc,
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info