Quantcast
Bringing Indoor Garden Supplies Across the Border? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Bringing Indoor Garden Supplies Across the Border?

My Ride
    Schwinn 21 speed....

Default Bringing Indoor Garden Supplies Across the Border?

I owe a friend of mine a favor and he is now looking to collect on that debt...

He wants to have some legal non-hydroponic indoor growing equipment( ie: lights, ballasts, tent, nutrients etc..) shipped to a home I own in the US to save on shipping and duty and the like. My question is will this equipment give me any large amount of hassle at the border? If so I am gonna tell him no, but if not it will be nice not to have anything hanging over my head.

Thanks

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

Growing tomatoes in k-town?

DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

yeah and even with all that...the tomato skins are tough.

We put in a solar heat sink last weekend for our tomatoes...last fall we had our tomatoes growing right until Halloween, the CPS helicopter flew over our house almost everyday. This year the tomatoes for sale goes up.

I don't know why someone would go to all the trouble of brining it in from the states. Did thy buy it all online?

I wouldn't want to the one trying to explain to the border patrol officer it was for indoor gardening, but I guess that depends on how bored they are that day.

I would give the Border Crossing a call and just ask, cause not all the nutrients are allowed in Canada.

My Ride
    Schwinn 21 speed....

Originally posted by Kritafo
    yeah and even with all that...the tomato skins are tough.

We put in a solar heat sink last weekend for our tomatoes...last fall we had our tomatoes growing right until Halloween, the CPS helicopter flew over our house almost everyday. This year the tomatoes for sale goes up.

I don't know why someone would go to all the trouble of brining it in from the states. Did thy buy it all online?

I wouldn't want to the one trying to explain to the border patrol officer it was for indoor gardening, but I guess that depends on how bored they are that day.

I would give the Border Crossing a call and just ask, cause not all the nutrients are allowed in Canada.
    Yeah I will have to ask him to send me a list of everything he plans on ordering, and check with the border. He keeps telling me its all legal stuff so there's nothing they can take. I guess the equipment is WAY cheaper down there??

not sure...we usually shop around for our lights and stuff but I didn't really find it all a difference. Not like some things anyway.

Yup just make sure you aren't the one holding the bag in the end.

Are there any unmanned borders around here anymore?

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Is tomato a code word for something else?
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Schwinn 21 speed....

Originally posted by dj_rice
    Is tomato a code word for something else?
    Everyone assumes this equipment is for growing dope. If it was I would never in a million years take it across the border. I am just worried the border guards will assume the same thing. My question is can they do anything?

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Probably not....or they'll put you on some kind of watch list?I dunno
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Theres a small hole in the wall shop down the road from me here that says "Hydroponic store" or something of the sort...

they can probably seize it.

I know when we tell people we have grow lights and stuff...they are always wondering if we are growing a cash crop.

My Ride
    Model S

they can do whatever they want, for something like them thinking you looked at them funny. you dont really have rights if you dont like what they are doing, as far as they're concerned, you always have the option of turning around.

My Ride
    Schwinn 21 speed....

Originally posted by googe
    they can do whatever they want, for something like them thinking you looked at them funny. you dont really have rights if you dont like what they are doing, as far as they're concerned, you always have the option of turning around.
    Lol I am a Canadian Citizen and live in Canada...I dont think they can tell me to turn around.....