Quantcast
Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2008-2009 edition - Page 260 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 260 of 260 FirstFirst ... 250 259 260
Results 5,181 to 5,192 of 5192

Thread: Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2008-2009 edition

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Some people expect waaaay too much from Dion, he is 23 years old, played with a lingering hip injury from last year, also received broken ribs in game 1 of the series with Chicago, had a total of 50 points this season including post season, and was over worked at nearly 30 minutes of ice time a game. Everyone noticed it here and there this season that he would favor his left side. Attitude aside he toughed it out this season, hopfully this season didnt cause any long term damage

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

You're absolutely right about Jacques Lemaire coaching a boring defensive style. He plays a neutral zone trap, and that's exactly what this team is built to succeed at.

I'd rather watch boring 1-0 and 2-1 wins than watch exciting 5-4 and 6-5 losses.

Kiprusoff needs a boring defensive style in order to be successful. Our team is focused around him.

Lemaire has shown what he can accomplish with a very average team, he won the division last year with Minnesota. This year, he almost got a DREADFUL Minnesota team into the playoffs.

Granted, his playoff resume isn't very impressive (minus a Stanley Cup Win in 95) but I think he can make a huge impact in the success of this team.

Calgary has 5 x the skill that Minnesota does, put a coach like Lemaire behind the bench and get these veteran players to buy into the system and I think this team can have some success.

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

I'd like to see Bertuzzi, Jokinen, Cammalleri stick around. Though part of that is that I might go buy a new Jersey with a name on the back...and I'd like that name to stick around for a while so I dont look like a dumb ass. Though everyone will be like "why the hell did you get a Bertuzzi jersey?"
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

My Ride
    Civic CX, Mazda Protege

Originally posted by JEFFRIX
    i will bet my beyond account that the flames will win tonight

jeffrix, time to shut'er down!

My Ride
    integra

FIRE MIKE KEENAN AND HIRE BRENT SUTTER

My Ride
    NC1

Thoughts on the teams identity?

We can score. We can't defend. We can be physical at times. So what is it?

The old rap was we were a defensive group who won games 2-1 and 1-0. Then we started scoring but the goals against started creeping up along with it. Now we are near the top in goals for and goals against. What gives? What now?

Change the coach? Change the philosophy?

We need Scotty freaking Bowman to come out of retirement and coach the Flames for 1 year.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    2022 X2M

All these "i watch the news so im gonna say I WANT BRENT SUTTER" people need to get off the wagon.

You do know Sutter is under contract correct? and that compensation would need to be paid to get him out of NJ? something like a pick or a high price tag. I would much rather see Calgary build a full coaching team from the bottom up.

Secondly Dion is great, shadowz you must have been the guy i was talking to about this LOL, I also noticed him favoring his left side and moving slow to the boards the last 30 some odd games. He will come back big next year.

I am glad people saw what I saw in bert, he just failed because he needs skilled people to play with him, Boyd and Glencross don't cut it.

And side note Keenan has nothing to do with the PP, that's rich prestons job so take his head, Keenan does not run the PP or run it in practice.

What we forget is Playfairs contract is up, he will be leaving and thats a loss cause he got screwed over, I hope to see a young AHL coach come up and have him build his coaching team and be all about the X and O's.

The core of this team is great, we saw how they dominated when everyone was healthy and the system was in play. Injuries lead to line shuffling which leads to chemistry changes which leads to sloppy play. That in a nutshell explains what happened this year.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    TRD Pro

From what I understand Brent Sutter ISNT under contract.. hes on a year by year deal... and he has openly said he would like to come back closer to home.

Link...

Im sure if YOU want Sutter has lots of Wagons to jump off at his Ranch that he wants to come home to....

Dion has been terrible all year. (Not Ericksson terrible.. but way worse then he was the year before) he has a lot to learn, and hopefully he gets his ego in check.

As for Bert.... what player doesnt play better with other skilled players? Kind of a silly comment. He is one of the few players we have with excellent hands and is creative. He just has to get his penalties and defensive game back to where it should be..

Although Preston is in Charge of the PP, you dont think Keenan has any say? Come on now.... If the head coach doesnt like what an assistant coach is doing you dont think he will say something??

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Originally posted by R-Audi
    From what I understand Brent Sutter ISNT under contract.. hes on a year by year deal... and he has openly said he would like to come back closer to home.

Link...

Im sure if YOU want Sutter has lots of Wagons to jump off at his Ranch that he wants to come home to....

Dion has been terrible all year. (Not Ericksson terrible.. but way worse then he was the year before) he has a lot to learn, and hopefully he gets his ego in check.

As for Bert.... what player doesnt play better with other skilled players? Kind of a silly comment. He is one of the few players we have with excellent hands and is creative. He just has to get his penalties and defensive game back to where it should be..

Although Preston is in Charge of the PP, you dont think Keenan has any say? Come on now.... If the head coach doesnt like what an assistant coach is doing you dont think he will say something??
    Sutters under contract, trust me on this. If you dont how about read about it.
    http://www.albertalocalnews.com/redd..._44014942.html

He can walk away from his contract but compensation would have to be paid under the collective bargaining agreement.

My comment wasnt silly, if every player played better with skilled players then every team would have 1 skilled player per line and 2 pluggers.
    Players have styles, Berts is to make fancy pants passes, his line mates is to go behind the net and grind. The 2 don't mix. Hence he needs SKILLED players to play with to make the most of his talent. You don't see Derek Roy on a line with Iggy because Iggy will make him play smarter and make better passes. A player controls his play not his line mates.

Every practice Preston is the one running the power play. He is the one making the system and he is also the one drawing up the plays during tv time outs. Sure in a game Keenan might toss a few words in and choose his PP players but he does not in practice nor have a say in setting up the PP system, that would be like saying Keenan decides what players get drafted or traded to Calgary. Sure he can give input but the bottom line is that's not his job.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    impreza

Brent Sutter won't coach the Flames as long as Darryl is here. Think about the awkward situation of having to fire your brother. Just ain't gonna happen. The Oilers have a better shot at him.

My Ride
    impreza

And for everyone knocking Phaneuf, it has come to light that he played most of the year with a messed up hip. Which would explain him playing like a shadow of his former self. Once he has had surgery and is ready to go next year hopefully we will see the old Dion return.

My Ride
    SR20 240sx / 2002 Jeep

Sutter from NJ and LOWRY from the hitman hahaha.

we could go 59-9-3

only kidding guyssss

Page 260 of 260 FirstFirst ... 250 259 260