Quantcast
GRST 211 in class final - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: GRST 211 in class final

My Ride
    Upass

Default GRST 211 in class final

Damnit, looks like they are changing the final to be written in class permanently from now on. I believe before they used to alternate from an online one and and in class one every semester. Anyways that being said, has anyone written the inclass version? is it something you can cram for the day before and do alright? I need to take one humanities option for my degree and I was hoping to just take this over the summer and get it over with, but if the finals crazy hard Ill take something interesting instead.

Part of the email I got from instructor.
    I have attached the Course Outline to this email (it is also available on Blackboard). I would like to draw your attention to the Final Exam information on the Course Outline. For several reasons, the Final Exam is now, and will continue to be, a paper Final Exam scheduled by the Registrar’s Office for the Spring Final Exam Period (June 27th, 28th, and 30th). It will be written on the University of Calgary Campus. It is worth 45% of your grade and you must write and pass the Final Exam in order to pass the class. No external materials will be allowed at the Final Exam.

My Ride
    2005 Chevy Trailblazer

Wow, so glad i got that course in before that

Last edited by BrknFngrs; 06-19-2008 at 10:11 PM.

why do you say that brknfngers?
    [rant]
    This is fucking bullshit I fucking hate school right now. I switched from Engineering to business this semester and they changed all the fucking easy classes to more challenging. I have the worst fucking luck in the world fuck you university of calgary. I am taking CPSC203 every says its so easy blah blah the professor tells us that he aimed for a class average of 65% on midterm and for the class average to be 70% on the final. Now I take GRST 211 because everyone recommends it how easy it is and everything. I get a fucking email today saying that the final is going to on campus and closed book. Just fucking great I fucking hate school right now piece of shit.
    [/end of rant]
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

P.S the final exam is multiple choice, I emailed the professor asking if it was written or multiple choice.

My Ride
    Upass

The only other one I know of is coms363, and it doesnt look like its offered as an online course in either the spring or summer this year. Its not to big a deal if the final is inclass, just so long as this isnt the type of course you need to keep ontop of through out the semester. If I can study for a day or two before and do alright ill stick with it, but if the inclass final is really hard then screw it, thats why I am looking for input from those who have written the inclass version, or does anyone know of any other humanities options offered online?

Haha tell me about it Konj, just when you think you can get away with a totally slack course, this shit happens.
    Last edited by Nav13; 04-23-2008 at 11:46 AM.

^^ The class would be easy to do well on but you're going to have to do a fair bit of memorization (all the latin/greek bases, prefixes, suffixes, at the least)
    Last edited by BrknFngrs; 04-23-2008 at 05:58 PM.

My Ride
    2013 Acura RDX

Wait?
    so does this apply to the web-based Summer semester?
    because I enrolled in it and it is now closed (230 people). I would be upset if it was in-class

Bryan Natali is the prof? anyone have any more information???

My Ride
    X3

^^ im in the spring semester (web based) and i got the e-mail from the prof
    in-class WTF?!?!?

ffs why change it now? a new prof? its not natali, im guessing new prof, wants to prove something?
    waste of everyones time imo.

Give everyone who paid the $500 an A and call it a day.

My Ride
    Upass

I am refering to the spring semester course, profs name is Alison Diane Jeppesen. According to her email, which I quoted in the original post, she says

"For several reasons, the Final Exam is now, and will continue to be, a paper Final Exam scheduled by the Registrar’s Office..."

So according to her from here on out, it will always be inclass, but she may have just said that so everyone doesn't drop her class.

Originally posted by Justing

Give everyone who paid the $500 an A and call it a day.
    You can still withdraw from the class, up until the 14th or16th of May I believe, and get all your money back.
    Last edited by Nav13; 04-23-2008 at 03:20 PM.

Someone email her and ask if the final will be challenging or fair. Compared to previous year's where the person was allowed to take the final at home and use the textbook!

Originally posted by Konj
    Someone email her and ask if the final will be challenging or fair. Compared to previous year's where the person was allowed to take the final at home and use the textbook!
    It's not like they were allowed to have the textbook infront of them. They just cheated. Questions are going to be the same as before. You just have to memorize the answers instead of having control F

anyways I just dropped the class instead. The final would be killer.
    Last edited by boxer23; 04-23-2008 at 04:29 PM.

My Ride
    Acura Integra

This course is a joke and everyone knows it. Obv people will stop taking it when it becomes written because you will just get slammed.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

not the first time they change it to inclass afaik

just dropped the class a second ago.

My Ride
    2011 Audi TTs

hahaha sucks to be u nav

So take it or not to take it?
    Anyone have a practice test for this class? I want to see what the questions are like.

Im wondering if this applies to the summer class too. I just checked peoplesoft and the spring prof is alison, while the summer is still bryan.

The spring course was previously full, but I'm guessing alot of people dropped it as soon as they got the email because now there are 21 open seats.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...but in the spring/summer wasn't the final for GRST211 written all along? I could have sworn that only in the Fall/Winter is the final online.

I took this course in Winter of last year...I can honestly say I would have failed if it was on campus and closed book. Not to mention the scaling is rediculars...I think it was like 96% or something for an A...easy if it's open book, insanely hard if it's not.

Originally posted by nobb
    Im wondering if this applies to the summer class too. I just checked peoplesoft and the spring prof is alison, while the summer is still bryan.

Jesus i hope it doesnt; otherwise i will definitely be dropping that.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast