Quantcast
Tubby's hot tubs - Bad experience - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tubby's hot tubs - Bad experience

My Ride
    YZ250

Default Tubby's hot tubs - Bad experience

Wow, I ordered a 12 man tub for a week to be delivered today, price was $650 ( Lyle gave me a deal )

Anyways this guy pulls up in like a 1975 rusted out chevy piece of shit, the hot tub looks like it's 20 years old, the metal trailers rusted to shit same for the exhaust vent. The thing is painted Barn red and the paint is barely covering the rotted wood underneath. And the thing is supposed to be a 12 man and is no bigger then my neighbors 8 man.

Anyways long story short, I have some grade A talent coming over and that thing would be fuckin embarrassment.

So I tell the owner Lyle, that this thing looks like a piece of shit and for $650 I thought I was getting something that won't give you tetanus and hepatitis at the same time.

I offer him $50 for his time, he say's $100 I say GTFO I'm doing a chargeback, he says he's keeping my deposit which is $350. And he says I can't do a chargeback because he took my back 3 numbers over the phone or some shit.

Is he right? what are my options?
    Last edited by Mazstyle; 06-26-2008 at 09:20 PM.

My Ride
    YZ250

Default Re: Tubby's hot tubs - Bad experience

Well, you already tried dealing with the owner... Maybe try calling your credit card company to see what your options are from there.

My Ride
    YZ250

I did, they said I can't dispute until it's posted, deposit is currently pending.

Insert complaint: http://calgary.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Repor...017&firm=36433

But first write down all the details you remember. Dates, who you talked to, what was said, etc.

My Ride
    WRX STI

Thats just so they get a bad rep, wont get his money back. I would call visa asap and see if there is something they can do for you. Everything you buy with visa has insurance, so many they can help you out since you did not get what you paid for.

Originally posted by teggypimp95
    Thats just so they get a bad rep, wont get his money back. I would call visa asap and see if there is something they can do for you. Everything you buy with visa has insurance, so many they can help you out since you did not get what you paid for.
    Originally posted by Amysicle
    Well, you already tried dealing with the owner... Maybe try calling your credit card company to see what your options are from there.
    Originally posted by Mazstyle
    I did, they said I can't dispute until it's posted, deposit is currently pending.
    Well I figured as much. It's just I figured it might be another way to blow off some steam and let people know about your experience with them.

Even if he does have the 3 digit number on the back, I don't think it means you can't dispute it. Because if you purchase things online/over the phone, they use that 3 digit number to determine if you really have the card in hand because it's not a face to face transaction where they have the card in hand. It's not like they can get a signature from you online or over the phone so they have to verify it somehow.

He's probably just trying to scare you into not following up on it. After all, it seems you were intentionally mislead on the size and quality of the hottub, and they did not follow through on what they promised. I wouldn't settle for that charge either.
    Last edited by Amysicle; 06-29-2008 at 10:22 PM.

Do a chargeback.

You should have taken a picture of the thing so you could show that it wasnt what was promised in the contract. You will need some way to show the credit card company that you didnt get what was promised but its usually pretty easy to do a chargeback.

The three numbers dont mean squat in terms of your ability to do a chargeback.

What a douche the company is. I wont be going to Tubby' Hot tubs in Calgary anytime soon. Give Tubbys hottubs a bad review and a piss poor opinion of their service. Tubbys sounds like a scam.

Where the F did you find this place?

Did you look at their website? It looks like some kid did it in grade 4 about 14 years ago.

http://www.tubbys-hot-tubs.com/titanic.html

Is this the scrap heap they brought you?

We have the "TITANTIC" the Largest Portable Hot Tub around. It will SEAT comfortably 18 - 20 people, thats SEATED COMFORTABLY everyone has a seat and room for their feet. The TITANIC comes complete with 2 pumps and strainer systems, extra large filter and chlorinzation sytems, an over sized water heating system. Large self contained drink holders and sun deck on the front, as well as flip down stairs and landing with handrails for your safety. We have all of our tubs custom made and designed specifically for us, with your party needs in mind. We clean and sanitize each and every tub and COMPLETE water filtering system prior to every rental. With every rental we provide you, the customer, with chemicals to not only enhance your fun but also to help you, look after the quality of the water. Safety and health concerns are at the fore front of our policy. If you have any questions regarding the TITANIC or any of our other tubs give us a call today. We have 3 sizes of tubs available for rent. Our smallest designed to fit in the totally fenced yard all the way up to the "TITANIC".

Titanic = gross

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by TACO.VIDAL
    Where the F did you find this place?

Did you look at their website? It looks like some kid did it in grade 4 about 14 years ago.

Hey, I spent alot of time on that website.

My Ride
    YZ250

LOL ^^ me and my buddies just had a good laugh, thanks.

Yea the tub we got looked a lot like that just a hair smaller, the thing is the tub itself is only like half of the trailer length if that, it looks big from the side.

I'll upload pics in a sec

Enjoy, I assure you it looked even worse in person.

Last edited by Mazstyle; 06-26-2008 at 07:41 PM.

My Ride
    (s13 p.o.s 3years +) 97 pathfinder

fuking nasty

Originally posted by Mazstyle
    LOL ^^ me and my buddies just had a good laugh, thanks.

Yea the tub we got looked a lot like that just a hair smaller, the thing is the tub itself is only like half of the trailer length if that, it looks big from the side.

I'll upload pics in a sec

Enjoy, I assure you it looked even worse in person.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...achinit058.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...achinit059.jpg
    DAMN! That's bad...

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-18-2020 at 12:57 PM.

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    Shit man that better be $650 per year.
    You're sick man, wouldn't sit in it if they paid me $650... and I'm not even the baller type eating $95 lunches.

Fuckin' better than this motel I stayed at last year's work, told the owner that shit's sick. All he did was drained it and refilled it, then weeks later there was a teenage girl volleyball team, the girls were swimming in that shit and caught me taking their pics, forgot about the red light in front.

^ GOLD!

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
    You're sick man, wouldn't sit in it if they paid me $650... and I'm not even the baller type eating $95 lunches.

Fuckin' better than this motel I stayed at last year's work, told the owner that shit's sick. All he did was drained it and refilled it, then weeks later there was a teenage girl volleyball team, the girls were swimming in that shit and caught me taking their pics, forgot about the red light in front.
    do we even have to ask?

but that is gross

My Ride
    a wrx.

LOL whitetrashowned..

LOL that thing is GREASY

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast