Quantcast
To the users of the mckenzie towne traffic circle - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: To the users of the mckenzie towne traffic circle

Originally posted by civicrider

Europe is a different story, the people entering generally have the right of way

You have that backwards. In Europe the people already in the roundabout always have right of way over the people entering.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

That traffic circle is so entertaining everytime I am down there. I have actually sometimes exited earlier than I planned to just because I have noticed someone coming around the outside and I want to give them a bit of a scare. lol

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Originally posted by cet

You have that backwards. In Europe the people already in the roundabout always have right of way over the people entering.
    Not in France. The people on the right entering usually have the right of way. People in the circle must yeild to them.

However when I lived in South America the rules/law were the same as posted where the people already in the traffic circle have the right of way.

Originally posted by Kona9
    On an extremely minimal scale, you should see the retards that don't understand the tiny ones behind Western Canada high on Royal avenue. YIELD DOES NOT MEAN STOP!! Use the damn zipper effect!!
    HAHAHA... I don't think there is a simpler roundabout in the world. There are only two ways you can go.. lol

As far as the roundabout in McKenzie is concerned... I agree.. during rush hour it gets ridiculously packed because of the steady stream of cars coming from deerfoot. Not everyone has the courage to merge in to the circle as soon as there is abig enough gap for one car. Some people are just not good at it just like how some people are not good at left turns at a light... there's no way around it. (no pun intended ) I guess we just have to put up with it. I usually try to avoid that area during rush hour.. thank god I live in McKenzie Lake and not town (or is it Towne)..

@ 'cet'... what you said does make more sense about using the right lane to go straight or turn right and using the left lane to turn left or go straight. However, the circle in Mckenzie town has 5 roads coming to meet lol... talk about a big mess during rush hour.

And as far as being legal to use the right hand lane to go all the way around the circle.. I think its just stupid. I don't care if you're supposed to yield or not.. its just not right to do it that way at an intersection with 5 streets meeting each other.

Originally posted by avishal26
    And as far as being legal to use the right hand lane to go all the way around the circle.. I think its just stupid. I don't care if you're supposed to yield or not.. its just not right to do it that way at an intersection with 5 streets meeting each other.
    It's totally legit but no one actually yields. They just drive around the right lane like they own the fucking road. Which is why it's NOT OK!

People who do this get extremely high up on my STUPIDEST FUCKING PEOPLE-O-METER.

My Ride
    Cup of Tea

Originally posted by CLiVE

Not in France. The people on the right entering usually have the right of way. People in the circle must yeild to them.

However when I lived in South America the rules/law were the same as posted where the people already in the traffic circle have the right of way.
    yeah i was referring to France

Originally posted by Z_Fan

It's totally legit but no one actually yields. They just drive around the right lane like they own the fucking road. Which is why it's NOT OK!

People who do this get extremely high up on my STUPIDEST FUCKING PEOPLE-O-METER.
    I hope you are being scarcastic. If not, where did you learn that? It's completly wrong. The right lane is used for turning right or going straight through.

Here is the City's page on how to use a roundabout.
    http://www.calgary.ca/portal/server....oundabouts.htm

I'm not being sarcastic. Your post is a little confusing.

You must be one of those dumbfucks who doesn't know how to use a traffic circle.

I'm not saying it's smart, or it should be done at all in fact. But it is totally legit and proper providing you yield to the inside lane. You can drive around the circle in the RIGHT lane all day long if you want.

Stupid '08.

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

I'm not saying it's smart, or it should be done at all in fact. But it is totally legit and proper providing you yield to the inside lane. You can drive around the circle in the RIGHT lane all day long if you want.

Stupid '08.
    Correct.

"It is recommended that for safety, entry into the right hand lane of traffic circle be used mainly when intending to exit at the first available exit point. If you are intending to proceed beyond the second exit, it is recommended that you use the left hand lane."

Recommended, but doesn't mean you can't stay in the right lane.
    Last edited by CLiVE; 07-08-2008 at 02:28 PM.

Yeah, I know I'm right. And I think I know what cet is trying to say. (Sort of) The problem is that it IS totally OK to use the right lane to drive around and around and around and around passing as many exits as you feel like. The problem lies in the fact that people who do this [are stupid] don't YIELD to cars wishing to exit. Something they must do at EVERY SINGLE EXIT! Instead, they just drive around the right lane cutting exiting people off at every single exit.

It's so god damn annoying!

I'm not being sarcastic.

You must be one of those dumbfucks who doesn't know how to use a traffic circle.

I'm not saying it's smart, or it should be done at all in fact. But it is totally legit and proper providing you yield to the inside lane.

Stupid '08.
    Ahhh the good old "Stupid '08" retort.

Here, since you are either too lazy or ignorant to look I've copied some information from the city's page for you:

Turning Right at a Roundabout

1. Begin in the right travel lane.
    2. Use the right hand turn signal as you approach the intersection.
    3. As you approach the roundabout, yield to the circulating traffic.

Turning Left at the Roundabout
    Please find below the instructions on how to turn left at the roundabout.

1. Start in the left lane.
    2. As you approach the roundabout, yield to the circulating traffic.
    3. Keeping to the left lane, you will pass two exiting lanes: the right turn and the through.
    4. After passing the second exit, use the right turn hand signal and exit right at the desired street

Driving Straight Through a Roundabout

1. Begin in the right or left travel lane.
    2. As you approach a roundabout, yield to the circulating traffic.
    3. The first exit opportunity will be the right turn. Keep to your chosen travel lane and continue circulating.
    4. Keeping to the same travel lane you were in when you entered the roundabout use the right turn hand signal and take the second exiting opportunity.

Notice that in the "Turning Left at the Roundabout" section it says start in the LEFT lane.

Here is is another page from Montana detailing how to use a roundabout:

http://www.mdt.mt.gov/travinfo/round..._vehicle.shtml

When Turning Right:
    1. Use only the right-hand approach lane, unless otherwise posted.
    2. Keep to the outside of the circulatory roadway while driving in the roundabout.
    3. If there are multiple exit lanes, use the right-hand exit lane.

When Going Straight Ahead:
    1. Use either approach lane, unless otherwise posted.
    2. Maintain your position relative to other vehicles. Stay to the inside of the circulatory roadway if you entered from the left approach lane, or stay to the outside if you entered from the right approach lane.
    3. As you exit the roundabout, look out for vehicles traveling on the outside of the circulatory roadway that may continue to circulate around the roundabout.

When Turning Left or Making a U-Turn:
    1. Use only the left-hand approach lane, unless otherwise posted.
    2. Maintain your position relative to other vehicles. Stay to the inside of the circulatory roadway until you are ready to exit.
    3. As you exit the roundabout, look out for vehicles traveling on the outside of the circulatory roadway that may continue to circulate around the roundabout.

Looks to me like it's the same as the instructions the city gave. So, apparently you are the douchebag that thinks he is using the roundabout properly when in fact you have no clue.

I wish that city of calgary website would broaden its directions for using roundabouts for more than 4 streets... because THERE IS NO STRAIGHT when you enter McKenzie Towne traffic circle GODAMMIT!!!!!!

hey fags in mckenzie towne, i just moved here and im wondering why the fuck i got a bill for living in the community, what are the benefits of all the shit they claim its paying for?

didnt think i should make a new thread about it

Originally posted by analbumcover
    hey fags in mckenzie towne, i just moved here and im wondering why the fuck i got a bill for living in the community, what are the benefits of all the shit they claim its paying for?

didnt think i should make a new thread about it
    You get that in every community.. except maybe forest lawn ... so suck it up.

And I don't live in McKenzie Towne per say so I won't take offense to your fag comment.

My Ride
    93 integra

I don't see why that place is so hard to navigate for most. It's so simple a chimpanzee could do it.

Originally posted by ekguy
    I don't see why that place is so hard to navigate for most. It's so simple a chimpanzee could do it.
    Your sophisticated girlfriend is so simple a "chimpanzee" could do it

Originally posted by avishal26
    I wish that city of calgary website would broaden its directions for using roundabouts for more than 4 streets... because THERE IS NO STRAIGHT when you enter McKenzie Towne traffic circle GODAMMIT!!!!!!
    Generally you use the right lane for the first or second exit and the left lane for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc. exits.

I know exactly how to use the cirlce - clearly, since all you are doing is posting information which is actually talking about a round-about with 4 exits. All that information is absolutely correct. No argument from me. It is also applicable to how the circle should be used in this instance, which has 5 exits. (though obviously not totally accurate since we have more than 4 exits!)

What we are saying is people do not actually follow those instructions. People instead exit to what your reference material would consider LEFT, and the exit which we'll call EXTREME LEFT, since we have more than just the 4 entrances and exits. They do this when entering from the RIGHT lane. As opposed to what your reference material recommends, which is an entrance from the left lane. The material posted is how it should be done. But it's NOT always done that way, because we have stupid people in our world. Until you understand this, you're staying on my stupid people list. Hope that is OK with you.

I suggest you read this and understand what we are actually talking about.

WHICH IS...IN BIG LETTERS...

PEOPLE WHO WANT TO EXIT AT THE *FOURTH EXIT* (IN REAL LIFE!) WILL ENTER IN THE RIGHT LANE, DRIVE AROUND THE ENTIRE GOD DAMN CIRCLE IN THE RIGHT LANE, FAILING TO YIELD (WHEN THEY SHOULD) AND THEN EXIT AT THE VERY LAST EXIT. THIS IS TOTALLY LEGITIMATE, BUT TOTALLY STUPID BECAUSE THEY DON'T FUCKING YIELD TO CARS EXITING FROM THE INNER LANE (AT EVERY SINGLE EXIT) LIKE THEY ARE REQUIRED TO DO!

What they should do, is enter in the left lane, and proceed normally until they get to their exit, and then exit. All the while having the right of way and not being required to yield to anyone after they are in the circle.

Do you understand now?

What we are talking about (SEE BIG LETTERED STUFF) also is not something I do. It is something that stupid people do. And unfortunately it's totally legit - and we are in fact bitching about it because people do it and shouldn't. I hope this is clear. If it is not clear, you are even stupider than I thought, and you should go off yourself so that one brain cell you have doesn't die of being alone.

The reality is very obvious to me. I have a tonne of experience with this circle. Have posted absolutely nothing that is incorrect. You have no experience with this circle, and have also posted nothing that is incorrect. Other than that you fail to understand that people CAN and DO exit LEFT and EXTREME LEFT when entering from the god damn RIGHT lane! AND, they do so NOT YIELDING in their stupidity, which they MUST do at each exit!

Edited for spelling and some mean stuff.
    Last edited by Z_Fan; 07-08-2008 at 03:15 PM.

You and I now seem to be saying the exact same thing. The right lane is used for exiting at the first two exits.

What I took exception to is this

The reality is that you can use the right lane, and drive all the way around passing several exits until the one you want - and some [stupid fucking] people do this - the problem is that these [stupid fucking] people doing this seem to lack the understanding that since they are being dumbfucks, they must YIELD to all traffic on the inside lane that wishes to exit - and they don't.
    I understand that many people do this because they don't know how to use a roundabout. However it is aginst the traffic rules to do so.

OK, I'm glad you're up to speed now. Hahahahahah...

BUT...

It's not against the traffic rules to do as these people do providing they are yielding. You can drive around in the right hand lane all frickin' day if you want.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast