Quantcast
RC Cars - Page 41 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Thread: RC Cars

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Is there a simple method to test NIMH batteries? Or a recommended wall charger that will do two at once?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    After trolling kijiji for months, found an RC that looked like it was a good entry point into the hobby.
    It's a traxxas e-maxx, comes with some upgraded parts, including new motors, a box full of other parts, transmitter, batteries and chargers. Whole setup was $300.

Batteries are onyx Nimh, 3000 MaH, and chargers are the cheap ones that plug into cigarette lighter. Since my car has only one of those, I can't charge both at once. Would like a wall charger, but trying to figure out how much fun I have with this thing before spending money.

I believe this is the "old" version of the e-maxx truck. but I don't know for sure.

Have so far used it once, and I can't see anything wrong with it. so that's nice.

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Did a full charge, and holy crap is that thing fast! Bad news is those batteries suck, they were worn down super fast. Wasn't timing it, but was ten minutes or less.

Guess I should be considering batteries in my future. And a charger. Yep, this is how things get expensive . . . .
    HAHA! Welcome to the dark side. E-Maxx are fun as hell. you think it is fast now, wait till you run it on LiPOs.

as far as a charger goes, I have one here that will charge 2 nimh at once, you are welcome to it.

Nimh batteries are OK at best, but Traxxas stuff is especially power hungry and will drain them fast. You will eventually want to move to LiPOs for longer run times.

Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
    I haven't looked at RC cars since this thread started, but now I'm thinking of getting back into it. Looking specifically at the Losi Mini 8ight. The 4WD 1/14 electric.

http://www.greathobbies.com/producti..._id=TMLB0224T1
    Honestly, I would steer you away from it. I had one, and holy fuck, I couldn't get rid of it fast enough. When I come over next, I will bring a couple with me, and you can try them out.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I am so sick, so glad we didn't hike much, because I can barely breathe. felt like I was suffocating most of the time, but I made it!

Had some fun for Aaron's birthday!

Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Yup, bumping a 4 year old thread.

Question, anyone done a Revo 3.3 to E-Revo conversion?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Anyone want to buy my emaxx? Batteries probably no good. Includes a Pile of parts including spare motors. . Just never got into it.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's my quote from 2016 aboutnit:
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    After trolling kijiji for months, found an RC that looked like it was a good entry point into the hobby.
    It's a traxxas e-maxx, comes with some upgraded parts, including new motors, a box full of other parts, transmitter, batteries and chargers. Whole setup was $300.

Batteries are onyx Nimh, 3000 MaH, and chargers are the cheap ones that plug into cigarette lighter. Since my car has only one of those, I can't charge both at once. Would like a wall charger, but trying to figure out how much fun I have with this thing before spending money.

I believe this is the "old" version of the e-maxx truck. but I don't know for sure.

Have so far used it once, and I can't see anything wrong with it. so that's nice.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    Yup, bumping a 4 year old thread.

Question, anyone done a Revo 3.3 to E-Revo conversion?
    Hey Benyl....dont know you are into RC!

I dig out my RC recently too....lol
    You should text me... :P

And yes I have Revo 3.3, Erevo, stock and also the conversion ....dont do that!
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Anyone want to buy my emaxx? Batteries probably no good. Includes a Pile of parts including spare motors. . Just never got into it.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's my quote from 2016 aboutnit:
    That is a great truck, good price! I assume it is the brushed version, which is more fun than the brushless IMO, just played with my 6 year old kid yesterday, fun fun fun!

Someone should pick it up from you!

Dont worry too much about the battert, those old Nimh batteries can "wake up" easily!
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

If anyone wants it for what I paid, $300 and it's yours. Just not the hobby for me.

My Ride
    V8s

I've got a Summit and a 1/16 summit vxl; I think it's probably high time I dig them out as well. Been a while since I played with them.
    Last edited by bjstare; 04-29-2020 at 02:53 PM.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Not really into RC. Just have a Revo 3.3 and a mini Revo. Kids are bore out of their fucking minds. Brought one out and bang!

Already bought parts for my mini Revo. 5 year old bumped into a wall.

Name:  A6A38750-20A8-4AEC-BE7A-0336A298A0CF.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  39.1 KB

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    Not really into RC. Just have a Revo 3.3 and a mini Revo. Kids are bore out of their fucking minds. Brought one out and bang!

Already bought parts for my mini Revo. 5 year old bumped into a wall.

Name:  A6A38750-20A8-4AEC-BE7A-0336A298A0CF.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  39.1 KB
    That little thing is fast!

It looks like you were running it with just 2s (or the NiMH)
    I guess that is not easy fix..lol

I actually just discovered few of my RC I bought couple year ago, have "Stability system" , I haven't tried those system till now, as I usually swap out the stock radio right the way, but I just tried those system, they indeed work great! Make those stupid fast RC much stable! Great for kids.
    (Most newer Traxxas come with those TSM system, and old one can retrofit with new transmitter/receiver +Bluetooth kit.
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I have a T-Maxx 3.3 if anyone want to buy. I don't use it anymore myself. I find nitro easier to control and more fun without the instatorque. But obviously outdoor only.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Must be a trend, just dropped mine off at Model Land for a tune up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    I have a T-Maxx 3.3 if anyone want to buy. I don't use it anymore myself. I find nitro easier to control and more fun without the instatorque. But obviously outdoor only.
    Check your PM

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

trade for emaxx?

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Red face

Nice to see people are back to RC, (not just computer game)

I just played those 3 today, fun fun fun! (Too bad couldn't go to the track)

Give credit to the Losi, first time playing with the TSM (Stability control) now I can go 80km/hr + straight in straight line easy! (Instead of sliding around) and it is just $500, vs $800+ Traxxas!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

Is there a go-to entry level, durable, fixable (i.e. spare parts available if I crash) brushless 4WD electric buggy? I like the style that is wider and has 4 similarly sized wheels and probably 1/10th scale. As it turns out I live right next to a few different fields and lots of huge, empty parking lots so I thought about picking up another RC Car. WAY back in the day I used to be pretty big into it, I had a nitro truck and some sort of Losi stadium truck, I don't remember the model but I sold it for ~$1500 so it was pretty good I think.

I was thinking if I could spend $300-400 on a basic RTR unit, that would be plenty for me to mess around with over the summer. Just googling, something like this looks perfect assuming it isn't junk: https://www.rchobbiesoutlet.com/rc-b...-4g-4wd-10073/

I'm more into drones/quadcopters now so I've been out of the RC Car game for 10+ years and don't have a clue what's good these days. I remember the major brand names but that's about it. Does what I want exist?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Is there a go-to entry level, durable, fixable (i.e. spare parts available if I crash) brushless 4WD electric buggy? I like the style that is wider and has 4 similarly sized wheels and probably 1/10th scale. As it turns out I live right next to a few different fields and lots of huge, empty parking lots so I thought about picking up another RC Car. WAY back in the day I used to be pretty big into it, I had a nitro truck and some sort of Losi stadium truck, I don't remember the model but I sold it for ~$1500 so it was pretty good I think.

I was thinking if I could spend $300-400 on a basic RTR unit, that would be plenty for me to mess around with over the summer. Just googling, something like this looks perfect assuming it isn't junk: https://www.rchobbiesoutlet.com/rc-b...-4g-4wd-10073/

I'm more into drones/quadcopters now so I've been out of the RC Car game for 10+ years and don't have a clue what's good these days. I remember the major brand names but that's about it. Does what I want exist?
    Look into a Traxxas.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    Look into a Traxxas.
    I know a dude selling an emaxx.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post

Please .. No … No .. I just fixed mine …. bought something similar like 10 yr ago, was fun, fast, and good price at around $150 US back then ..but very fragile, and very hard to find parts ..

The three RC in my photo are like 3 very best I would recommend, especially the Losi Truck, (Losi is one best name in RC business in last 40 year) that Losi Ten Truck was $400 on sale (not sure if it is discontinued) It is big, (basically full 1/8 scale) with awesome Stability system, easily hit 80km/hr plus stock.

Traxxas Maxx is compatible to the Losi Ten, but $800 is a bit too much. (it is new release model, with weak Cad$, it is $500 US)

You can try Model Land, Action Hobbies, they may still have some old stock Traxxas/Losi/Team AE/Carisma/Kyosho I saw some last year.
    PM hobby may have some "off make" 1/10 buggy with good sale price too.

Indeed, with Pandemic now, I highly recommend the Mini Z, for $300, it may sound expensive with their tiny size, but they are fun, and can play indoor.
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

I know a dude selling an emaxx.

Emaxx is a great choice "classic" RC, yes, the new Rustler 4x4 /Maxx / X maxx are better, faster, and much easier to control with traction system, but not as fun, and beefy, while the X maxx is indeed nice, but talking ~ $2K with batteries and charger... (used to be easy to order Lipo from China/oversea, not anymore)
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 ... LastLast