Quantcast
Ahh weird problems....need help! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Ahh weird problems....need help!

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

Default Ahh weird problems....need help!

i just got my brakes changed, pads and rotors, and now its making noises like something is caught, i took out the wheel and checked it out, i see nothing, but then there is this horrible smell like rubber burning.. and it makes like this sound as if u have paper or metal rubbing against a moving object.... argh and its labor day and i cant get it checked... piece of crap bmw anyone know what this might be?

i travel at low speeds and the sound is still there, it happens when the wheel moves.. and i narrowed it down to my rear right wheel...and there is the burning smell...maybe something stuck? o well at least im carsitting a friend's supra.. bleh

My Ride
    c300

that happened to me when i changed mine

i just pushed the piston in more and it was ok

My Ride
    94 Supra, 01 2.5rs

Could it be a bearing problem in 1 of the tires?

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

the smell could be associated to the brakes "breaking in". When the brakes were changed there may have been oil or other contaminants on the rotor or pad, causing it to smell this way, in this case it should dissapear soon. As for the sound...maybe the pad is not sitting in the caliper properly??

the smell is most likly brake fluid spilled when you got them replaced, as for the sound, are the pads cliped in as far as they go? could be rubbing. also does it still brake normal, because if its hard braking your calipers might be seized... I just had to replace mine a few months ago, same sort of effects, but i wouldnt drive it, get it checked out soon, I burned down a brake disc driving mine, cost alot to fix...

My Ride
    89 Civic ZC

take it in.

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

Default Re: Ahh weird problems....need help!

Originally posted by Zephyr
    i just got my brakes changed, pads and rotors, and now its making noises like something is caught, i took out the wheel and checked it out, i see nothing, but then there is this horrible smell like rubber burning.. and it makes like this sound as if u have paper or metal rubbing against a moving object.... argh and its labor day and i cant get it checked... piece of crap bmw anyone know what this might be?

i travel at low speeds and the sound is still there, it happens when the wheel moves.. and i narrowed it down to my rear right wheel...and there is the burning smell...maybe something stuck? o well at least im carsitting a friend's supra.. bleh
    is this on the GTR that you were gonna buy oh no sorry...twin turbo supra...hahahhahahahaha

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

Default Re: Re: Ahh weird problems....need help!

Originally posted by rice_eater

is this on the GTR that you were gonna buy oh no sorry...twin turbo supra...hahahhahahahaha
    wtf u takling about bud? wut GTR? umm ok. think before you post!

yea i took the car in and it turns out that one side of the caliper was stuck and they released it. so it had a rubbing sound...

My Ride
    FG, S14, Caliber SRT4

I bet the car is fixed by now but if not, Check the rotor for damage, on both sides, inside and out, if they look ok they should be ok