Quantcast
Free Rogers Cell Phone... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Free Rogers Cell Phone...

Default Free Rogers Cell Phone...

Well this is only applicable to current Rogers customers.

Rogers has a Stolen/Damaged phone plan where they offer reburished cell phones for a discounted price if you lost your phone or it was damaged.

The deal they are currently offering (until Sept. 30, 2003) is that they will give you a free phone (Moto C333 for GSM, some other TDMA's) for free. No cost at all and no shipping fee either. The only snag is that they extend your contract by a year. But the thing is if you are currently under a contract that still has more than a year left then they don't extend it.

Example:

Contract ends Dec 2004 then if I ask for the free refurbished Moto because my phone died then there is no contract extension.

Contract ends Aug 2004 then if I ask for the free refurbished Moto because my phone died then the contract will be extended till Sept 2004.

The Moto C333 isn't the greatest phone but it is OK for a backup. Just thought I'd let everyone know. If I wasn't clear about something just post and I'll give you the details.

i dont care if its free, they are just giving out phones because the realize that they are the worst cell phone provider and that the phones last only a year with shitty ass reception..

<--- Signed in a 2 year plan and was the biggest mistake i ever made, telus on the other hand is my new excellent provider.

My Ride
    '11 Honda RL '21 RDX '96 Civic Hatch

Rogers isn't bad I hate Telus

bell is the shiznit !

Originally posted by redx2nv
    i dont care if its free, they are just giving out phones because the realize that they are the worst cell phone provider and that the phones last only a year with shitty ass reception..

&lt;--- Signed in a 2 year plan and was the biggest mistake i ever made, telus on the other hand is my new excellent provider.
    Well if you still have more than a year left on your contract you might as well call them and tell them your phone is damaged and you want a refurbished C333 sent out for free. Your contract won't be extended any longer since you already have a year left and even if you don't want the C333 you can sell it for $50 and go get drunk!

i think we stock refurbished nokia 3390's for the same thing
    we can also give them away with a new activation

guess ill be getting a new phone, need a backup!

thanks, i love rogers, TELUS SUCKS!

Originally posted by RX-7_TWINTURBO
    i think we stock refurbished nokia 3390's for the same thing
    we can also give them away with a new activation
    THe only GSM phone that Rogers is offering on this promotion is the Moto C333. The rest are TDMA phones. Unless your store is doing this on there own.

In my opinion its not worth it on a new activation or even if your contract gets extended by a year since the phone is not worth more than $50 and it isn't the highest quality phone out there.

My Ride
    APR Audi S4

Originally posted by xkon
    guess ill be getting a new phone, need a backup!

thanks, i love rogers, TELUS SUCKS!
    Ditto -- 7yr user/contract holder and loving it!

My Ride
    a wrx.

why do u ppl love rogers? what makes u love the nonexistant coverage, the crappy phones, the horrible customer service, and the gimmick plans that rogers has to con you into going with them?

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    why do u ppl love rogers? what makes u love the nonexistant coverage, the crappy phones, the horrible customer service, and the gimmick plans that rogers has to con you into going with them?
    Don't tell me you are a Telus/Bell customer and you think that they have better phones than Rogers/Fido?

The reason I LIKE Rogers/Fido over Telus/Bell is because they operate on GSM so this allows me to use any GSM phone I want and lets me travel worldwide with it and easily obtain local numbers without paying $5.00/min in roaming fees.

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

I'm with you on that one. Telus is the best in western Canada in term's of coverage but Roger's does have the better phones.

Telus puts more time and money into expanding and bettering their network while Rogers puts their money in bringing out the newest and greatest phones. What good is that phone if you're gonna get shit coverage and it's not gonna work for you anyway? Turns into a pretty nice paperweight!

My Ride
    335i

I got mine today! It works. Should be here in about a week
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

that deal is crap .... seriously.. i have the moto c333, this is smallest piece of crap every made not only is the battery life shitty the reception is even worse . dont be a dummy like me and sign any contracts with rogers its only a waste of money . well thats my two cents .

Actually if you read it you are getting a free phone without signing/extending your contract. I said this is for people who already have a contract with more than 1 year remaining on it.

If you feel getting a free phone for doing nothing is crap then I guess this is crap.

My Ride
    335i

You have nothing to lose. Use it as a frisbie, whatever. It takes 10 secnds. I don't see how getting a free phone for 10 second call is crap either

Felon or Mistermeiner

Well don't bother calling anymore they are out of stock on the C333 now so no more GSM. They still have some TDMA's though.

Looks like me and Weapon_R got us each a free phone!

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by roopi

Don't tell me you are a Telus/Bell customer and you think that they have better phones than Rogers/Fido?

The reason I LIKE Rogers/Fido over Telus/Bell is because they operate on GSM so this allows me to use any GSM phone I want and lets me travel worldwide with it and easily obtain local numbers without paying $5.00/min in roaming fees.
    lol i know that telus/bell doesnt have the best selection of phones, but then again, neither does rogers. half the phones they advertise are the big old tdma refurb phones, or the big and quite ugly nokias (why are nokias so damn big anyway?), or the budget moto phones...even their flagship phone the t720 has major issues with software, is ugly, and has poor build quality. the only phone they have that isnt utter crap is the v60, which is like 39 years old.

true, rogers uses a gsm network (with shitty coverage ill add)...and as such u can travel worldwide with a gsm phone. but for 99% of th population, that isnt a big deal anyway. besides, all the rogers phones are locked anyways, preventing them from being used on other carriers.

i like telus/bell because they have better coverage and better customer service (well maybe not bell).

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by roopi
    Well don't bother calling anymore they are out of stock on the C333 now so no more GSM. They still have some TDMA's though.

Looks like me and Weapon_R got us each a free phone!

Roopi: Do you know what TDMAs are left?

Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

i like telus/bell because they have better coverage and better customer service (well maybe not bell).
    i agree.... and i own a moto c333 and it sucks so much ass

reception
    c333 phone

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast