Quantcast
Quit job and haven't been paid? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quit job and haven't been paid?

My Ride
    2014 Scion FRS

Default Quit job and haven't been paid?

So some of you may know that I worked at superstore for a little while (from my thread in the Careers section a while back).. I think I worked 8 shifts and I had enough of that shit hole. It's as bad as they say.

Anyways, my first pay ended up being $69.xx. Fine, probably because I started on the cut off week.
    My next pay, which doesn't make sense was $19.xx... I said, ok.. maybe they'll add it onto the next one.

This third paycheque should have been my last, yet I have not gotten it yet.. 25 hours unpaid. It's been about 7 weeks, I've been calling and calling and they say they'll contact the grocery supervisor (who currently works nights and is unobtainable)..
    One manager I talked to said that the grocery supervisor did, infact pay me the 25 hours I was missing. Yet, my bank account and statement can prove otherwise.

I don't think there's any use in calling someone that can't do anything but email the douchebag.. What are my options? Or have I run out of luck?
    Sure, it's 25 hours, but it's 25 hours where I had to fill milk all day. Dayum

What would you guys do?

My Ride
    1098S

Do you have a gun?
    Originally posted by S2K2
    Haha I am pushin more hp than your car will ever see I have carbon fiber u don't...
    Originally posted by Sebasshole
    But give her a thumb in the eye just to be safe.

My Ride
    GLS63 AMG

Damn I hate going to Superstores for calls, if they have a problem with their drains or plumbing they won't call it in unless they absolutely have to and by then its usually a big fucking mess. I've heard they are pretty sketchy with things now because they are trying to cut back on their costs.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

How long have you been waiting for this to get resolved? It sounds like money is a bit tight, but if you have the luxury of waiting, give them 2-3 days. Then call back and see if the individual has been contacted, and if this has been taken care of.

If they cannot provide you with anything, then ask to speak to someone who can. Perhaps the guy himself. It's not like they don't have his contact info. Or that he doesn't have an email address.

You also might want to be dealing directly with the HR department. This guy might be the department head, but he is not in HR I'm guessing.

I worked at Superstore a long time ago aswell. they owed me 70 hours unpaid . I just went into the store, asked to speak with the Manager and he straightened everything out. Why not go i person instead of calling. If that still doesn't solve the problem, threaten to sue or go to employee rights or whatever.
    ps: refilling milk was what i did too
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    2014 Scion FRS

Originally posted by Kloubek
    How long have you been waiting for this to get resolved? It sounds like money is a bit tight, but if you have the luxury of waiting, give them 2-3 days. Then call back and see if the individual has been contacted, and if this has been taken care of.

If they cannot provide you with anything, then ask to speak to someone who can. Perhaps the guy himself. It's not like they don't have his contact info. Or that he doesn't have an email address.

You also might want to be dealing directly with the HR department. This guy might be the department head, but he is not in HR I'm guessing.
    Oh, it's been close to 7 weeks now. I gave it 2 weeks just cause I thought they needed to get everything sorted out since I quit.

Nobody there knows where to transfer me..
    "Can I speak to someone about payroll?"
    "uhh.... a manager?"
    "....sure."
    The guy himself, as stated above, works night shifts. I've already asked if I can call during that time and each manager has said it's unlikely anybody will answer.

No he's just the grocery supervisor. Good call on the HR dept. Is the HR dept usually at the head office or would I be able to contact them directly? I assume no..

My Ride
    2014 Scion FRS

Originally posted by boxer23
    I worked at Superstore a long time ago aswell. they owed me 70 hours unpaid . I just went into the store, asked to speak with the Manager and he straightened everything out. Why not go i person instead of calling. If that still doesn't solve the problem, threaten to sue or go to employee rights or whatever.
    Oh wow..
    Did you speak with your manager though? It's tough because the only guy that can help me out works nights. It's not possible for me to speak with him in person.. not until he's out of nights.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

AFAIK all last checks are a printed variety, not direct deposit if your waiting for that
    Cos...

My Ride
    2014 Scion FRS

Originally posted by The Cosworth
    AFAIK all last checks are a printed variety, not direct deposit if your waiting for that
    That's interesting since those douchebags didn't tell me anything about that. I'll have to give em a call and confirm this.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

^^ yeah I have never gotten a last cheque as a DD. They have always been mailed or picked up. Something to do with you not being an employee anymore and they wont pay for your cheque to be DD'd
    Cos...

i got ripped off by a foreman from landscaping back in the day and got my money back through alberta labour standards..you just have to file some grievence forms

My Ride
    2014 Scion FRS

Originally posted by gmoney82
    i got ripped off by a foreman from landscaping back in the day and got my money back through alberta labour standards..you just have to file some grievence forms
    Did you try to talk to him first though? And where abouts would I go to do this if they refuse to pay after I try once more?

Before complaining to Alberta Employment, you must use the self-help kit first.

http://employment.alberta.ca/cps/rde....xsl/1697.html

I suggest you read this and use it.

My Ride
    2014 Scion FRS

Thanks!

legally they must pay all monies owed to you within 10 days of your last day of employment. Typically the last check is not DD, but it depends on the employer. You're getting the run around though, and you have to escalate it. Talk to a district manager, someone in head office. The retail location won't know shit. Similar thing happened to me when I worked for Sport Chek. They have the most ass payroll department ever. I was pushed back for about 3 months before I finally got my pay, but my former manager did end up adding interest to the late pay. It was another manager who fucked it up. Some people are just useless.
    heloc that shit

My Ride
    2007 Mazda3 GT

which superstore location is this i worked at two and the company is a fuckin joke

My Ride
    changes every year

my wife worked for the head office for a few years until they laid off all those people including her. anyways, they DO pay your last pay on DD, and HR is at the head office on 12 street and 32 ave NE. good luck man, i fucking hate superstore douches.

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

I stopped my job in May and they still owe me $8000. Let me know how it works out.
    Originally posted by adamc
    you can pretty much skip over any posts that have no punctuation, as a general rule of thumb.

My Ride
    99 Blazer

My little brother just had the same problem, nobody would give him the time of day and just gave him the run around. Just go in and talk to the store manager, or the union boss. It should get solved quick.

Hey riced.. Its Mike, I worked with you for a bit. I've been having lots of trouble with the pay too. They rip me off 7-10 hours every paycheck. I and another friend ( Superstore had to pay him for 52 hours) were told to talk to Terry. I was told she worked this Saturday morning.

O yea.. That creepy ass Asian with the mullet is gone. Work has turned to be fucking easy as hell now that most of the mangers left. We fill the coolers for 30 mins then leave for a good 2 hours, went and saw a movie on Wensday during work.

-Go see Terry tomorrow morning.
    Last edited by Emo-Chicken; 08-02-2008 at 12:54 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast