Thread: Meguiars is my hero!

My Ride
    92 Prelude 4ws

Default Meguiars is my hero!

Before ...
    http://members.shaw.ca/andrew.b/before.jpg

And after.
    http://members.shaw.ca/andrew.b/after.jpg

I put it off and put it off but finally did my first wax job on muh car.

I think I found a new past time every 1.5-2months .. and this is by hand!#%!* (I felt like karate kid .. wax on .. wax off ... )

I did 3 steps, Meguiars step#1 wax, skipped step2 and used Swirl Remover #9 instead, and then Step #3 wax.

I was amazed at how much my rear quarter panel was restored .. I get out of my car in the sunlight and im like

thank you meguiars!
    DannyO

Oh yea, I also met Doris..

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

holy cow!!!! that's a crazy difference. nice work man.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Your quarter has been repainted with single stage enamel, it will be faded again by spring
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

does that mean he doesn't have a clearcoat??
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

no clearcoat. single stage has a type of clear mixed into the paint.

this is why I'm sure that after all his polishing all his pads...etc.. were red.
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    92 Prelude 4ws

Not all of them, but the ones that were used on that one panel were red yeah ... sonofabitch... I was wondering why it faded like that .. figured it may have been an accident but who knows.

Oh well, everything else on the car checked out. And I'll just give her another gloss of maguiars mid-way winter and spring again.

It was polished up very nice even before the wax using just paint cleaner.... nonetheless its not a mariah-carey type car where i only like to look at / showoff one side.

thx for pointing it out though, its good to know info about my own car. (know where I can go to get the rust in my tire wells patched up cheap?)
    DannyO

My Ride
    335i

Looks awesome, but enamel paint sucks dick . Hopefully it lasts, but the more you wax, the more shine you will strip off the paint.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

4ws... if you have rust in the wheel wells... well, my friend will always says rust is like the cancer of cars.. you need to cut out the rusting metal and weld new metal in... i had that done to my car and unless you know someone i'm not sure anywhere will do a quality job for cheap... i can get some pics of my car to show you just what i'm talking about.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

I just started using that stuff you spray on just before you dry the car... I do it everytime I wash so there's always a coat of wax on it. And it doesn't strip anything off plus works on the glass so the rain just beads off, easy stuff! May not be as good as a hardcore wax job but does a good job in between.

My Ride
    92 Prelude 4ws

Litteldan: yeah for sure, i'd definately like to see those pics. I heard on hondas it rusts through from inside the wheelwell so thats the only sure fix on stopping the rust. Even sanding it all the way off doenst always fix but whats keeping me from doing it myself is that I highly doubt i'd be able to seal it 100% to keep the rust from starting on the worked-on area .. weather i didnt paint solid enough of a coat etc.

Rust is evil!!

Weapon_R : I plan on painting the year after next so, im not too concerned. I'm just glad its shiney, even if for a short time or I need to buff it up now and then.. its good to me.

Moonracer: The wax / water combo at the wandwash doesnt apply was on your vehicle really at all... its a super thin layer that just beads the water off so its easier for drying, im pretty sure thats the only purpose...

Bring a few towels and a bottle of Meguiars #3 and give your car a good wax after its 100% dry and 100% clean (I'd recommend usin the deep crystal cleaner meguiars #1 first..) It doesn't even compare and its crazy easy to do.
    DannyO

My Ride
    93 S13(RIP)/ 87 AE86

I used to love how good the Meguiar's system worked til i got a real cut polish done.... when i can see clearly a good 20+ feet into the paint, i know a good job was done. Pay the money, get a good cut polish, and you'll know what i mean.

But it DID do a really good job on your car.

Originally posted by yohan4ws
    Litteldan: yeah for sure, i'd definately like to see those pics. I heard on hondas it rusts through from inside the wheelwell so thats the only sure fix on stopping the rust. Even sanding it all the way off doenst always fix but whats keeping me from doing it myself is that I highly doubt i'd be able to seal it 100% to keep the rust from starting on the worked-on area .. weather i didnt paint solid enough of a coat etc.

Rust is evil!!

Weapon_R : I plan on painting the year after next so, im not too concerned. I'm just glad its shiney, even if for a short time or I need to buff it up now and then.. its good to me.

Moonracer: The wax / water combo at the wandwash doesnt apply was on your vehicle really at all... its a super thin layer that just beads the water off so its easier for drying, im pretty sure thats the only purpose...

Bring a few towels and a bottle of Meguiars #3 and give your car a good wax after its 100% dry and 100% clean (I'd recommend usin the deep crystal cleaner meguiars #1 first..) It doesn't even compare and its crazy easy to do.
    Maybe I didn't explain well enough I dunno. I'm talking about Eagle One "wax as you dry" product not just the stuff that comes out of the carwash sprayer. It actually stays on long enough to last to the next wash as long as it's not like a month or so...lol