Quantcast
Tried some professional shots of my car. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Tried some professional shots of my car.

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

Default Tried some professional shots of my car.

I didn't run them through Photoshop at all, just shot them with a friend's Canon Rebel XT. I started off doing some timed exposures because it was kind of low light and I wanted the background to be well lit. So I was doing anywhere from 1-4 second exposure on a tripod but they're still a little blurry, should have used a timer.....actually I did for the warehouse ones. I couldn't figure out how to change the aperture in full manual on this camera so it was always on 5.6. Anyway, comment away.

Originally posted by adamc
    you can pretty much skip over any posts that have no punctuation, as a general rule of thumb.

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

WTF happened to the first few images?
    you can pretty much skip over any posts that have no punctuation, as a general rule of thumb.

Did you have to cut up the double din opening at all to fit the monitor, or did you simply slide it behind and bondo the dash and the casing of the monitor together? It looks like a good fit...I am wondering what screen that is?

Ive always wanted to take out my motorized carpc screen and go with a fixed unit...but was intimidated by the fab work.

what car do you drive nobb? its not hard at all to do, just very time consuming.

My Ride
    07 R6, 12 Ralliart

good job! Interior isn't too my taste, too many different/extreme colours clashing in my opinion, but again good job for D.I.Y

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

Originally posted by nobb
    Did you have to cut up the double din opening at all to fit the monitor, or did you simply slide it behind and bondo the dash and the casing of the monitor together? It looks like a good fit...I am wondering what screen that is?

Ive always wanted to take out my motorized carpc screen and go with a fixed unit...but was intimidated by the fab work.
    I have no idea why buy my pictures are now showing up as links. Anyway, here's the basics of the screen install:

The screen is a Xenarc 700TSV retailing for about $450:

Cut the shit out of the bezel that goes around the front. Ya, you're going to lose the buttons but there's a remote:

Put the bezel back onto the screen and jam it into the dash:

Buy a $7 dash kit from Ebay, cut the middle piece out to make it a double DIN kit and throw it over top with some double sided tape:

Not a piece of Bondo in the entire install.

Thanks for the steps, it doesnt look as hard as I thought.

I would probably trim that dash kit a bit better and file off the middle pieces a bit more flush though. When you say "jam it into the dash," did you use anything to hold the screen to the inside of the dash? I would imagine that it may rattle a bit if you didnt.

You'll get a better result with epoxy or silicon.

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

Originally posted by nobb
    Thanks for the steps, it doesnt look as hard as I thought.

I would probably trim that dash kit a bit better and file off the middle pieces a bit more flush though. When you say "jam it into the dash," did you use anything to hold the screen to the inside of the dash? I would imagine that it may rattle a bit if you didnt.
    I just laid it in there. The little sliver of bezel that I left on the front of the screen keeps it from falling into the dash, it's just a bit bigger than the opening. And it doesn't fall out towards me because the dash is pointed upwards a bit so gravity pulls it in. And it doesn't jump out on bumps because the Ebay bezel is in with double sided tape and some velcro so it's sandwiched between the two. No problems after 2.5 years.