Quantcast
Looking for a photographer for wedding - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a photographer for wedding

My Ride
    BMW E46/R6

Default Looking for a photographer for wedding

Hi all,

I'm looking for a photographer for my wedding on August 29th, 2009.

The canidate would be following us all day likely beginning around 8am for two tea cermony's at two different locations, wedding ceremony at the Wedding Pavillion, Pictures at a flower garden type park (location TBD), then later in the evening at the wedding reception in downtown calgary.

A couple of things we are looking for are a set of photos done before the 29th so that we can have a canvas of the two of us welcoming our guests at the reception. As well as there will be a slide show during the wedding in which we would ask that the canidate prepare prior to the reception which would include photos provided by us as well as select photos from the events earlier in the day.

We are definitely looking for someone who has had prior experience capturing weddings. If you are interested, please shoot me a pm and we can chat.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

There are a few on Beyond.

I know Melinda does weddings maybe give her a PM
    Originally posted by R!zz0
    Did Calgary have a riot in 2004?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Just boobs. That's how we party.

My Ride
    Tiburon, Hachiroku, AE92 GT-S, Sonata

wow i think there was a thread about this recently??

anyhow, I shoot weddings too. the link is in my sig. Many popular 2009 dates are already booked up though...

My Ride
    Highlander

Yep, I shoot weddings. I have one pending date for august already, I just don't remember which weekend. PM me if you're interested!

Your request for a slide show to be put together using your own photos is a bit of an odd one. I don't know many photographers who do this. I know I never have and I don't have the equipment to be able to do something like this, nor would it be a responsibility I would enjoy having when I would rather be concentrating on capturing your wedding day. If this is a vital qualification for your photographer to have, I fear you may have troubles finding someone to fill that role. I suggest you ask a friend with some computer know how and a somewhat non-vital role in your wedding day to compose and be in charge of showing that slide show instead of your photographer. It might also not be possible to have photos from earlier in the day added in, especially from your pro photographer. Most photogs don't bring a computer with them on the job, and with morning prep, two tea ceremonies, a wedding ceremony, formals and a reception to worry about, I don't see many pros having the time to select the "good ones" and add them into a slide show that goes along with music. I would have a friend in charge of taking some amature shots of the morning and then spending the formal photo time being able to add them into the slideshow they had done up before hand.

Good luck and congrats!
    Last edited by Melinda; 09-09-2008 at 01:18 PM.

My Ride
    SC 03 eclipse, 06 TJ,Shadow1100, HD FXSTC, Chopper

Any digital photographer in this day and age should know how to set up a 10min slideshow fairly quickly. IMO.
    Member since 2003.

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by 3g4u
    Any digital photographer in this day and age should know how to set up a 10min slideshow fairly quickly. IMO.
    I didn't say I didn't know how, I just said I don't have the equipment to do it, meaning show it at the reception. Not to mention if something went wrong with it, it would be the photographer's responsibility to fix it, thus taking shooting time away from the day and the couple's memories. That's not usually what a photographer is paid for.

My Ride

For sure, it is an added responsibility to an allready hectic day but i have seen it done. I know for my wedding i wouldnt want my photographer's mind on anything but taking pictures.

I have seen a few Photographers who put all the ceremony pictures on a laptop and just let windows photo gallery play the pictures on a slide show setting. This would be a pretty quick and easy way to get a slide show.
    Member since 2003.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Originally posted by 3g4u

I have seen a few Photographers who put all the ceremony pictures on a laptop and just let windows photo gallery play the pictures on a slide show setting. This would be a pretty quick and easy way to get a slide show.
    Unless they're the speedy gonzales of post-processing, I don't see how any decent photog would showcase unprocessed work to potential clients. That's just plain silly.

My Ride
    BMW E46/R6

We got the idea from a friends wedding that occured not long ago. I'm not exactly sure how it worked, but they managed to have photos that were taken a few hours prior incorporated into the slide show. I could be mistaken in thinking that it was the photographer who put it all together. Anyways, I will shoot pm's to those who replied. Thanks!

My Ride

Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror

Unless they're the speedy gonzales of post-processing, I don't see how any decent photog would showcase unprocessed work to potential clients. That's just plain silly.
    Thats a pretty good point actually but assuming that the guy knows what he is doing, post processing would be kept to a minimum and it should be all good. I guess it all comes down to how much time you have between the ceremony and the reception, and how confident your photographer is. I mean how hard would it be to process lets say 5-10 ceremony pictures for the end of the slide show?
    Member since 2003.

Chad & Erin from Fuller Edge tossed about 40 images in a slideshow at my friends wedding this past Saturday. Erin did the post processing while Chad continued to shoot the wedding.

Pretty slick if you ask me. They even brought in a 24" Samsung LCD to display it as well. Beautiful photos from Chad & Erin...I love watching them work.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Originally posted by Lagerstatten.ca
    Chad & Erin from Fuller Edge tossed about 40 images in a slideshow at my friends wedding this past Saturday. Erin did the post processing while Chad continued to shoot the wedding.

Pretty slick if you ask me. They even brought in a 24" Samsung LCD to display it as well. Beautiful photos from Chad & Erin...I love watching them work.
    Those two are exceptional, and it helps that they're both talented enough to shoot and process. I think it would be a tough job for someone flying solo.

A friend of mine just used a local guy by the name of Perry Thompson. They are quite happy with his work.

http://www.perphoto.com/

My Ride
    2006 A-Spec TL, 2010 MDX Tech

www.jtimages.ca

I don't have many dates for summer 09 left.

My Ride
    Tiburon, Hachiroku, AE92 GT-S, Sonata

Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror

Every weekend I shoot a wedding we do this at the reception. Typically select about 100-150 photos and process them all. It's not a big deal to do really as long as you have a decently fast laptop. It takes me about 25-30 minutes to process them all.

But yeah, I don't know many who would put together a slideshow with YOUR photos.

My Ride
    a car

I haven't seen it done at the weddings I've been to here. But it's a fairly common thing in Hong Kong where the slide show is included as part of the wedding photography package. I guess the market there is so competitive that photographers need to do more to attract clients.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Really good "candid" style photograph's. She doesn't shoot like the average wedding photographer. Check out her work.

http://www.carlafedje.com/
    I like neat cars.

Check out Margo Earl (www.dynamicexposures.com). Great photographer!

You guys referring your friends for hire......read the thread. Wedding was on the 29th of august. It is now the 20th of september lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast