Quantcast
The 5 Month Challenge: Who's With Me? ***COMPLETED: UPDATES INSIDE*** - Page 22 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22

Thread: The 5 Month Challenge: Who's With Me? ***COMPLETED: UPDATES INSIDE***

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Been reading this thread since the beginning and have seem some great results. I started (copied) a routine yesterday with a friend who's got a great workout going so the results should be interesting.

I've always been on the lean side and looking to put on ~15lbs and just be more defined.

Currently:

6'1
    158 lbs
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

So I just went back and read this entire thread (what else you going to do at 1:30 am?). Very cool to see, but what I really noticed was my attitude/knowledge at the beginning vs. the end. The amount I learned was incredible.

For anyone looking to kill some fat, it comes down to a few basic steps:

1) Get your diet right. You don't have to "diet", but you do need to eat well. Get 5 or 6 small meals a day with a lean protein source, some veggies, and some fibre.

2) Workout PROPERLY. Weights first, followed by light intensity cardio. High intensity cardio on your non-weight days. Compound your exercises and focus on the big lifts that work multiple muscle groups: squats, dead lifts, bench press, chin/pull ups, overhead presses, lunges, etc..

3) Stick with it. Set a goal and stick with it. The first few weeks you will be building muscle almost as fast as your burning fat. During Oct/Nov I lost maybe .5-1lb of fat per week. By January it was 1.5-2lbs per week. Solid.

I went from barely being able to squat 135lbs to squatting 380 (as of last Sunday), running 3 minutes to running for 15 minutes straight.

Keep at it folks, and congrats to everyone who started and completed their challenge. I know I'm starting my next one July that will go until end of December. The goal? 215 @ 10% BF. Right now I'm 213lbs @ 12%. Should be good.

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

This thread is very motivating. I'm off to Australia in a week for 3 weeks. I hope the women down there like beer guts. I don't know how I'm going to hold my gut in for 3 weeks, but I'll manage. Then when I get back, it's time to get in shape....

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Same here, after reading this thread
    http://forums.beyond.ca/st/269015/oh...-weigh-500lbs/

and seeing this thread and OP's results, it is due time for me to straight losing weight also
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Acura Lexus

Originally posted by A790

I went from barely being able to squat 135lbs to squatting 380 (as of last Sunday), running 3 minutes to running for 15 minutes straight.

Keep at it folks, and congrats to everyone who started and completed their challenge. I know I'm starting my next one July that will go until end of December. The goal? 215 @ 10% BF. Right now I'm 213lbs @ 12%. Should be good.
    380lb squat! Good job dude!

My Ride

Originally posted by max_boost

380lb squat! Good job dude!
    lol no one has to know that I can only do it once...

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Bastard. 380 squat lol.

I gotta get on the power stuff again, only this time when I do I should be able to move some serious Iron because I'll be fixed.

Good work man, excellent in fact.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

My form on the 380 wasn't great. I'm going to knock down to about 70%RM and focus on perfect form until I can do a set of 380 with perfect form.

It's good though, my quads are hard as hell. They're also quite sore today from squat day on Sunday.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by A790
    My form on the 380 wasn't great. I'm going to knock down to about 70%RM and focus on perfect form until I can do a set of 380 with perfect form.

It's good though, my quads are hard as hell. They're also quite sore today from squat day on Sunday.
    Yep, when moving serious Iron, DOMS (Delayed onset muscle soreness) can become an issue.

I get it bad after intense squat/leg days (80% of max+ weight used).

Fun stuff, I'm kind of masochist so it's fine with me lol.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Acura Lexus

Use the 5/3/1 method of calculating your 1rm.

weight X reps X .03333 + weight.

Attemping a 1 rep max could be the end of me so I rather not.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Honda Accord

Wow that's some amazing progress there, keep it man
    Go Flames!

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22