Quantcast
accident question - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: accident question

Default accident question

Just hoping if someone knows anything about this topic on beyond. Friend got into an accident tonight on 24th street, was making a left turn with right of way green arrow, other driving speeding going south on 24th, didn't stop for red light, and smoked her car, she is young and upon gettin out they talked, made sure the others were ok.

other driver asked for her insurance (being stupid she gave it even though she was choked) older lady called police, blamed on her, cop gave her unsafe left turn obstruction and has faulted her with accident in report...

basically curious if there is any way to prove that the light was right of way at the time of the accident, if traffic division keeps records or would have a camera/sensor on the intersections otherwise she's sol...

ouch.. that sucks to hear
    but she's pretty much SOL unless she has witnesses
    i hate it when i hear about these kinds of accidents.. people really need to start owning up to their own actions!
    i hope the lady doesn't pull the old "oh.. wow.. ouch..... my neck really seems to hurt all of the sudden now..." trick
    Originally posted by 5000Audi
    Btw never paid for a massage before.. i own, i mean have a wife

oh yah, forgot to mention, 0 witnesses, she talked to me after she was home and both vehicles are towed, as much as I can shake my head about giving up her insurance info she's a newer drive and 18 year old girl, easy to get taken advantage of, but apparently no one was near or nothing and the cop just judged based upon what he could see, as anyone would :S

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

You can't blame her for giving up her insurance information. When involved in an accident you are OBLIGATED to provide your insurance information to the other party. You just can't say "no, I'm not giving it to you".

Just to play Devil's Advocate, how do you know that your friend didn't turn left on a SOLID green instead of a flashing advance arrow? It's a shitty deal if she had the advance but she's phucked either way.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

Why was she stupid to give her insurance? She had to and didn't really have any bearing on the ticket or who was at fault.

She can fight the ticket, but it will be tough.

My Ride
    Has four wheels

Didn't she tell the police officer that she had the green arrow and the other lady ran the red light? I don't think he can just assign blame like that without witnesses, when its one driver's word against the other.