Quantcast
constant squeaking!!!!!!!!!! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: constant squeaking!!!!!!!!!!

My Ride
    project empty wallet... Kouki Monster

Default constant squeaking!!!!!!!!!!

just bought a 89 CRX and i have a constant squeaking everytime i start to brake what is the cheapest way of fixing this???

oh and another problem i have is that i find my gas peddle is kinda sticky/stiff... like everytime i press on the gas i have to apply more pressure on the peddle to get it to move its kinda hard for me to explain... but yeah the peddle isnt as smooth as it should be...jsut wondering what would cause this problem, and how to fix?

thx

My Ride
    c300

for the squeaking maybe u need to change the brake pads?

lots of places do free brake inspections
    just pop in and they'll check your rotors and pads

My Ride
    Skateboard

The squeaking maybe coming from the rear hatch. When I had my CRX it was constantly squeaking. Bugged the shit out of me so I sold the car. I knew it was the hatch because I would adjust the rubber seats either up or down as the weather changes the noise would go away. Just adjust the rubbers so that the hatch is nice and tight when it is closed. The rubber seats can be found on the underside of the hatch.

My Ride

no... i know its not the hatch~!
    i heard the CRX's rear frame is like nad theres no way to fix it!
    Im for sure its the brakes... i dont know the cars not really making me happy....not really satisfied with it...i wanna look at
    p3nnywi5dom's tsi!

My Ride
    89 Civic ZC

How much did you pay for the car??? It is the rear hatch, they all do it, you can fix it but it's just the thing you have to live with, the noice stemming the brakes is because the brakes are completely wanr out, there are little "noice" taps on the pads, and when you wear them out a bit they will squeak when you apply the brake, but if you wear your brakes out too bad they will squeak all the time, it's just a warning.

you can do the pads in your drive way if you want, it will cost you about 20 bucks for pads for the front from crappy tire, if you pay some one do do it expect them to charge about half an hours to an hours labor

O and if you want i can show you how to fix the noicy hatch, it's really easy.

My Ride
    c300

Originally posted by Spenser
    you can do the pads in your drive way if you want, it will cost you about 20 bucks for pads for the front from crappy tire, if you pay some one do do it expect them to charge about half an hours to an hours labor
    i think u should spend a little more than 20 dollars and buy some good ones, not just the cheapest since brakes are pretty important

go do the free brake inspection and see if the rotors need to be resurfaced or replaced too

it would probably be easier to do brakes and rotors at the same time

My Ride
    89 Civic ZC

Originally posted by xDiMSuMx

i think u should spend a little more than 20 dollars and buy some good ones, not just the cheapest since brakes are pretty important

go do the free brake inspection and see if the rotors need to be resurfaced or replaced too

it would probably be easier to do brakes and rotors at the same time
    Listen to him I'm a moron,

I worked in a shop, I did brakes all day, ate brakes, slept brakes, and braked with brakes,
    Unless you drive like a crazed maniac witha football up his ass, then payiing 100 bucks for "special pads" is what you should do...
    But if you abide by the rules of the road, get the cheepies or the metalics, cheepes last longest, warm up fastest, and yeah are the cheepest, metalics you can still get from crappy tire and are abit more expenesive and genraly last longer, they make them for almost every car.

The expensive ones suck, take a bit longer to heat up, get brake dust all over your wheels, wear out faster then a fat mans pants and are expensive.

Get your rotors turned if you need to(just do it anyway), or you can simply buy new ones, there cheap enogh, Good luck.

My Ride

yoz thanks guys oh and spenser wanna tell me how to fix the hatch problem?....ill send a pm

yoz dimsum aint you friends with grason???

My Ride
    c300

yea grayson's gay though

his name's actually gayson

do i know u apexdrift?

My Ride

i think weve met...not really know each other

just spry the rotors with WD-40!!

.... or not !

My Ride

hows bout not!
    hey does any one know how to oil up the gas peddle my peddle is stiff!

My Ride
    '99 cbr 600

Originally posted by ApexDrift
    hows bout not!
    hey does any one know how to oil up the gas peddle my peddle is stiff!
    Does the pedal ever stick when it's down? Is it really slow coming back up? Maybe look at the actual throttle cable in the engine and see if anything is physically touching or rubbing against it like wires or maybe a custom pipe for your intake if u have one. If not try lubing it, I'm sure it's no different than lubing a clutch or brake cable on a bike. Hope that helps...
    Last edited by cbr_ryder; 09-23-2003 at 09:35 AM.

My Ride

its not sticky when its down, and its not slow coming back up...
    its when i push down thats when its sticky...its like somethings lot letting it down that when i apply more presure then it goes down...i checked the pedel and it doesnt seem like any things in the way, and my engine is stock so theres no piping... like i have no clue why it would do that, and i have no time to bring it to a shop im clueless when it comes to mechanics