Quantcast
Bending over backwards for Immigrants - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Bending over backwards for Immigrants

My Ride
    2004 Lotus Esprit

Default Bending over backwards for Immigrants

Didn't want this thought to be buried in a post somewhere, so I gave it it's own thread:

Other countries wouldn't bend over backwards to accomodate me if I moved there. So why do I have to have footbaths in my school, "Black and Orange" day instead of Halloween, "Happy Holidays" at Christmas, etc, etc, etc, etc.

If I moved to some conservative Muslim country, I would expect to have images of scantily clad cheerleaders on TV, beer flowing from fountains on the street, and womens rights.

But something tells me they woudln't accomodate that.

Do what you please in private, but adapt to the Canadian culture in public.

Thanks!

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

I know what you mean. My fiance always says shit like. Well back in Vietnam we do this and that and I say ya well you live in Canada now so get used to it.

really sucks for us that canada is supposed to be a "multicultural" country and the majority of us gets get fucked out of our special occasions/holidays taken away just because of a few minority groups

EDIT: all of this talk lately of that guy that refused to wear a motorcyle helmet to ride his bike because of his turban.... if you want to ride a motorcylce, obey the damn safety laws. If you don't want to obey them, then don't ride the damn bike
    Last edited by bulaian; 10-31-2008 at 03:03 PM.

My Ride
    Highlander

You're going to get crusified (or whatever the non denominational way of saying that is) for posting this thread and adding to the drama, but I 100% agree with you.

My Ride
    Elitist ideas into puritan minds

immigrants who refuse to sing Oh Canada
    Last edited by HP2133; 10-31-2008 at 03:14 PM.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Originally posted by snoop101
    I know what you mean. My fiance always says shit like. Well back in Vietnam we do this and that and I say ya well you live in Canada now so get used to it.
    really? my ex or her parents/relatives never said anything like that

i find it's usually middle eastern countries that have a problem with our country
    Sig nuked by mod.

HEAR HEAR

My Ride
    Elitist ideas into puritan minds

lol Mel / soon the word would be obsolete, as crucification is something only Christians have :P

am laughing with a bitter taste in my mouth (not to be taken literally)

My Ride
    the ladies crazy!

You sir are a Homo
    Life is a Gamble.

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

Originally posted by adam c

really? my ex or her parents/relatives never said anything like that

i find it's usually middle eastern countries that have a problem with our country
    Ya its small things though, but they still bug me. Like when she cooks its natural for them to cook the living shit out of there meat. Im assuming because over there in the country they dont have the best meat. Others things like how she babies her sister.

My Ride
    CBR600RR

GOD DAMNIT PEOPLE, it's not the minorities who want all this sh*t. It's our own home grown bleeding hearts who are convinced that minorities in this country get offended when we say "Merry Christmas" when in fact 99.9999% of them don't give a sh*t.

[/Rant]
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

My Ride
    Axis powers

Originally posted by snoop101

Ya its small things though, but they still bug me. Like when she cooks its natural for them to cook the living shit out of there meat. Im assuming because over there in the country they dont have the best meat. Others things like how she babies her sister.
    yea the babying the sister thing i went through... even though her sister was older
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by HP2133
    lol Mel / soon the word would be obsolete, as crucification is something only Christians have :P

am laughing with a bitter taste in my mouth (not to be taken literally)
    As I said in the brackets after crusified...

My Ride
    '16 Sportwagen

100% agree.

Originally posted by Eleanor
    GOD DAMNIT PEOPLE, it's not the minorities who want all this sh*t. It's our own home grown bleeding hearts who are convinced that minorities in this country get offended when we say "Merry Christmas" when in fact 99.9999% of them don't give a sh*t.

[/Rant]
    seperate.. but related issue - it's the homegrown people who bitch about the "merry christmas" and halloween issue and also the feminists who bitched about santa saying "ho ho ho"

but it's the immigrants that are bitching about the things like footbaths, not wearing helmets or the hat from the police uniform, etc

My Ride
    15,000 red line

[/Rant]
    +1

Originally posted by Melinda
    You're going to get crusified (or whatever the non denominational way of saying that is) for posting this thread and adding to the drama, but I 100% agree with you.
    Agree, OP just opened himself up to attacks, but I agree with what he said.

We're no longer having a Christmas party for my work this year. First time not having it in the 3 years I've been here.

Now I dont have an excuse to wear a really nice suit, have my gf put on a nice dress, go out to a nice dinner, enjoy some good drinks with friends from work and just have a good time.

Instead, we get a semi casual potluck lunch for an afternoon.

What a joke.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    Bicycle

[/Rant]
    This

Now let's talking about immigration's inability to kick known non-citizen criminals out of the country.

[/Rant]
    While I do agree it is the bleeding hearts who cave into this, its the minority of the minorities (did that make sense? lol) who put the pressure on these spineless tools who are ruining it for everybody and breeding more hate than they're trying to prevent.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

Originally posted by 403Gemini

We're no longer having a Christmas party for my work this year. First time not having it in the 3 years I've been here.
    Is that the fault of recent immigrants? Or might it have more to do with the (financial) fortunes of the company you're working at?

I know that my ex-employer is not having an X-Mas party this year because of their poor earnings.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast