Quantcast
Diablo at SCC on Sunday... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Diablo at SCC on Sunday...

Default Diablo at SCC on Sunday...

Nice looking car. Anyone know what this guy does for a living? He seemed rather young.

My Ride
    Model S

I heard he owns a club (or a few of them) in red deer. No idea how much truth there is to that

I expected at least 11s for that 1/4 mile run though! It didnt really sound like he was revving it very high...then again, I have no idea what a diablo would sound like at high RPMs His starts just seemed kinda slow...

He should really fix those rims though, did you see how badly they were chewed up? Wonder how he did that

My Ride
    Highlander

Yeah he wasn't a great driver, probably could have pulled much better times...I got a few pictures of his race(s) with my telephoto lens and his times from his 2 passes...I'll post them as soon as I can

My Ride
    05 CUMMINS!!

Thought it was a pretty pathetic attempt for heating up his tires!! Really didn't have a clue. He did manage to really warm up that clutch though! That is all we could smell in staging lanes! hahaha
    DODGE IT!!

My Ride
    91 Civic

hurt
    Originally posted by Ridelikeme

preludes are definately not slow.. they are the corvettes of the honda 4cylinder world..they float

I heard he is a pimp makes Joe Malms work the street?

My Ride
    MDX

Originally posted by Loose
    I heard he is a pimp makes Joe Malms work the street?

My Ride
    pedals

Originally posted by googe
    I heard he owns a club (or a few of them) in red deer. No idea how much truth there is to that

I expected at least 11s for that 1/4 mile run though! It didnt really sound like he was revving it very high...then again, I have no idea what a diablo would sound like at high RPMs His starts just seemed kinda slow...

He should really fix those rims though, did you see how badly they were chewed up? Wonder how he did that
    i was actually kinda impressed. With the car that is. He totally bunged the launch - i think his reaction was more than a full second late - and he didnt take it through the RPM's, and he burnt up the clutch a bit. and despite his best efforts to go slow, he still ran a 12.84. And i dont know why he would have to heat up the tires, they were like more than a foot wide

My Ride
    a wrx.

First race he ran a 12.5 And yeah, all you could smell was burned clutch...one would think one who buys a Diablo would know how to drive it?

When he was popping the clutch he was testing traction. I think it was kind of silly, but who cares.

The fact is that he brought out a Diablo to the track, ran it for everyone to see.

In magazines those things would run a 12 flat or so, so I don't see what the big deal is with a 12.5

not too many people would bring out their lambo and drag it. you people say he can't drive and thats a shitty time....can yo do better...nope cause some of you people will never get a chance to drive one. can you get your car up to 200mph... I think not.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

So much hating going on... I think the car did very well.

First off, the 6.0 VT runs about 12.0 at sea level. Second, it's an AWD car, u can't really do a burnout in an AWD car, so you're really limited in what you can do to warm up the tires. It ran a 12.5@112mph at Edmonton elevation, corrected for sea level, it's a 12.08@116mph, pretty damn close to what magazines have been able to achieve at sea level.

The car's not really geared for 1/4 mile, it's geared for top speed. First gear goes to 110km/h, so it's like starting in 2nd gear in your car at the drag strip (what would you run if you started in 2nd???). If you guys were expecting 11's, you guys don't know the car at all.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    pedals

Originally posted by rage2

First off, the 6.0 VT runs about 12.0 at sea level. Second, it's an AWD car, u can't really do a burnout in an AWD car, so you're really limited in what you can do to warm up the tires. It ran a 12.5@112mph at Edmonton elevation, corrected for sea level, it's a 12.08@116mph, pretty damn close to what magazines have been able to achieve at sea level.

The car's not really geared for 1/4 mile, it's geared for top speed. First gear goes to 110km/h, so it's like starting in 2nd gear in your car at the drag strip (what would you run if you started in 2nd???). If you guys were expecting 11's, you guys don't know the car at all.
    I was expecting 11's. I stand corrected. Hating withdrawn.

Originally posted by hjr
    I was expecting 11's. I stand corrected. Hating withdrawn.

My Ride
    Model S

Originally posted by rage2

Not quite. The VT will trap at 11.8. The 1st gear ratio on the VT is 2.313, which will take it to about 98km/h. While a 1st gear at 2.313 is pretty low, its nothing close to any MT cars second gear. Saying it is like one of us starting in 2nd isnt very accurate.

As for not being able to do a burnout in an AWD car...with 550hp, this should NOT be a problem.

Wasnt trying to hate on anyone, simply said my initial assumptions were that the car would do a little better than it did. Was glad to see it out there, props to the guy for giving us a treat.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Not quite. The VT will trap at 11.8.
    I pulled that 12.0 time from one of my old car mags in the shitter... but anyways, if someone got a 11.8, that's only 0.2s away, still pretty respectable, hardly a shitty driver like some ppl claim in the thread.
    The 1st gear ratio on the VT is 2.313, which will take it to about 98km/h. While a 1st gear at 2.313 is pretty low, its nothing close to any MT cars second gear. Saying it is like one of us starting in 2nd isnt very accurate.
    My bad for the slight inaccuracy there, guess the speedo in the Diablo I was in was a bit off. Anyhow, it's still accurate to compare to other cars launching in 2nd. My SLK hits 110 in 2nd gear. My 944 hits 105 or so in 2nd gear. My civic hits 85 in 2nd. Pretty close comparison on average.
    As for not being able to do a burnout in an AWD car...with 550hp, this should NOT be a problem.
    I don't own a AWD car, nor have I driven one. Curious, how do you do a burnout with an AWD car? Doesn't it just shoot forward and take off? Can't really hold it stationary?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

It's simple really. AWD burnouts are easy.... on the internet

My Ride
    2002 Audi TT

i dont know about burning out with AWD 550hp, but I know its impossible with lesser cars.

my fathers 225hp audi TT can't burn out
    my best friends 320hp stealth TT can't burn out.

sure, the diablo had 550hp, but it also had 315 wide tires !
    2 doors and 4 rings

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Yah dudes from Red Deer..my sisters old boss
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

x 100 You might get ONE burnout and then...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast