Quantcast
Marantz 6003??? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Marantz 6003???

Default Marantz 6003???

Did some talking to my stereo buddy. He was talking with the manager of an audio store in another province and he recommended the Marantz 6003. He said Yamaha has overrated the power on their receivers, and Denon or Marantz is the way to go. He said I can get a better deal on the Marantz and he said it sounds better than the Denon 3808. Opinions?

Marantz makes awesome stuff - I would probably own one if they weren't so slow updating their 8002. They don't cut any corners build-quality wise. My cd player is Marantz and it sounds awesome (weighs about 30lbs too haha, which makes me feel good).

The 6003 can pass through a 1080P signal and upconvert the rest so thats good. Everything else is typical Marantz.

You are unlikely to notice a significant difference between everything you've been looking at. Most people won't ever use all of a receiver's power, but it does need to be powerful enough to cover all the dynamic range of a loud movie, without clipping or anything when things get really loud, even just briefly. As for one sounding better than another, I would say that is for you to decide because the only thing that matters is how it sounds to you, if you can tell the difference. Marantz has a nice warm sound like Denon, from my experience.

You cannot go wrong with the Marantz, and the 6003 is one of their new models. I am a huge fan of Marantz.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 11-19-2008 at 07:50 PM.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    You cannot go wrong with the Marantz, and the 6003 is one of their new models. I am a huge fan of Marantz.
    Thanks for the honest help and opinions again. I like Marantz also, and the new look with curved corners on the 6300 make it look sharp. I phoned one place in Calgary and they want $1300. I can get it from my stereo friend for a $1000 tax in, but that's in Regina, SK. Will be driving through at X-mas, so worth the month wait IMO. Want to hear the Marantz, but if it is anything like their old models, I'll love it.

Originally posted by 6er

Thanks for the honest help and opinions again. I like Marantz also, and the new look with curved corners on the 6300 make it look sharp. I phoned one place in Calgary and they want $1300. I can get it from my stereo friend for a $1000 tax in, but that's in Regina, SK. Will be driving through at X-mas, so worth the month wait IMO. Want to hear the Marantz, but if it is anything like their old models, I'll love it.
    Your welcome. It sounds like you've done your research as every receiver you've suggested are nice pieces of equipment. $1000 for a 6003 would be pretty good. It would be ideal if you could pick it up like you say, because since most decent receivers weigh 50-60lbs, shipping is often outrageously expensive (100-$200ish).

K&W Audio and SMART Home Theater systems sell Marantz in Calgary. A&B sound does too but I think they are going out of business.