Quantcast
Local iPhone 3g Cracked Screen Repairs? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Local iPhone 3g Cracked Screen Repairs?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Default Local iPhone 3g Cracked Screen Repairs?

So ya, I destroyed my screen at the Dragonforce concert. It was in my pocket the whole time, and somehow near the mosh pit someone must've hit the phone in my pocket at the right angle to crack 70% of the screen lol.

The screen still works, but I'm starting to get cuts unlocking it haha. Anyone know where I can get the screen fixed locally?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    AWOL

Try Omegacell?

My Ride
    00 Honda CR-V, 02 IS300

This guy has the glass and digitizer for pretty cheap... there are youtube vids on how to replace it, I hear its not too involved...

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/244616/fs...rackball-lcds/

EDIT: Just watched this vid, not hard to do at all, looks like a 5 minute job:

Last edited by CivicDXR; 12-18-2008 at 06:57 PM.

Did you ask the apple store yet? They've been known to cover cracked screens under warranty (by just giving you a new one). I've heard stories on the net and actually seen it twice in front of me while waiting for service (apple store in Toronto)

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Does it matter that I didn't get it from the apple store?
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    MDX

I need to fix the ringer switch on mine. Managed to snap it off. Sucks having a phone on silent permanently

My Ride
    FJC, S30

Originally posted by rage2
    Does it matter that I didn't get it from the apple store?
    nope. doesnt matter. they might even cover it under warrenty if your phone still has it.
    Submaker.Illest.

I would take it to the Apple store first, as mentioned above. Depending on who you talk to you might just walk out with a new one without spending a dime. If that doesn't work then you can try the DIY job.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by szw
    Did you ask the apple store yet? They've been known to cover cracked screens under warranty (by just giving you a new one). I've heard stories on the net and actually seen it twice in front of me while waiting for service (apple store in Toronto)
    Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
    nope. doesnt matter. they might even cover it under warrenty if your phone still has it.
    Originally posted by sneek
    I would take it to the Apple store first, as mentioned above. Depending on who you talk to you might just walk out with a new one without spending a dime. If that doesn't work then you can try the DIY job.
    Thanks guys! Apple store replacing my phone under warranty! There were no signs of drop, and they just put screen cracked on own for the RMA, should have my new phone in 2-3 weeks!

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Wow, what did you tell them about why it cracked? I went in to have mine replaced and they basically told me to get fucked.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I actually have no idea how it cracked. It was in my pocket and when I pulled it out after the show it was cracked. Thats what I told him, but I assumed it was someone that ran into it, but the Apple Genius guy said that it's probably from the cold (I did go outside in -25C for a smoke with the phone). Didn't even think about that one so maybe he was right. I didn't remember anyone running into me hard enough to break the phone, which is why I was kinda confused when I saw the crack.

It does help in my case that my screen was fully functional, and there's zero drop marks. It must've been just the top of the screen that cracked and didn't affect the digitizer or whatever it's called that tracks finger movements.

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Yeah mine has no marks at all on the edges and the screen is fully functional. They said that since the screen works, tough luck. I think I just got a douchebag at the store, because when I made the appointment the guy said they warranty them all the time for exactly this. My appointment with the "Genius" was with a guy names Chris who had kind of a spanish accent. That isn't who you dealt with, is it?
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Thanks guys! Apple store replacing my phone under warranty! There were no signs of drop, and they just put screen cracked on own for the RMA, should have my new phone in 2-3 weeks!
    They estimated 3 weeks, got it in like 3 days. Picked up my new iPhone tonight. Spent some time at the apple store and picked up an Apple TV. I'd hate to say it, but I'm really liking apple products.

My Ride
    FJC, S30

They estimated 3 weeks, got it in like 3 days. Picked up my new iPhone tonight. Spent some time at the apple store and picked up an Apple TV. I'd hate to say it, but I'm really liking apple products.
    thats fucked up cuz i was supposed to get my iphone 2 weeks ago and i still havent got it... and u got yours in 3 days..

haha funny tho
    Submaker.Illest.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Sorry, it was 4 days .

I'm guessing a huge batch of 16G whites came in, becuase there were 4 of us getting our replacement iPhones while I was there, all 16G white ones.

My Ride
    FJC, S30

^ damn you rage2... DAMN YOU!!
    edit: oh im waiting for my black one..
    Submaker.Illest.