Quantcast
Service at BMW Gallery or Calgary BMW? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Service at BMW Gallery or Calgary BMW?

My Ride
    E92 335xi

Default Service at BMW Gallery or Calgary BMW?

My car is ready for the first service..
    (Oil change and some check up...)
    I bought my car from the Gallery but my house is closer to Calgary BMW..
    Which dealership is better for the services??

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Search up Calgary BMW and what they did with rage2's BMW
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    E92 335xi

OH man...Rage2's story scared me.....
    Maybe I should just drive back to Gallery for services....

My Ride
    has three pedals.

I haven't had a bad experience per se. Except for poor lead time estimates.

edit - at gallery

My Ride
    2010 WRX Limited

I had some bad experiences at the Gallery, but I have spoken to some people who have started working there again and they say they've turned that place around... So maybe give it a try

My Ride
    89 nissan 240sx

oh come on guys. first off i work with the tech that was assigned rage2's black m3. the car never ran!!!!!! it was towed in sat for about a week and then worked on. turned out that the wiring was a mess and we got that thing towed out!!! end of story. we have people with way nicer and more expensive cars that come in and never has this happened b4. but thats old news, anyways, calgary bmw defiantly has a better service record than gallery, even though there is and probably always will be hatred toward our dealership by beyonders.
    Last edited by NewSR20; 01-06-2009 at 10:48 PM.

Originally posted by NewSR20
    oh come on guys. first off i work with the tech that was assigned rage2's black m3. the car never ran!!!!!! it was towed in sat for about a week and then worked on. turned out that the wiring was a mess and we got that thing towed out!!! end of story. we have people with way nicer and more expensive cars that come in and never has this happened b4. but thats old news, anyways, calgary bmw defiantly has a better service record than gallery, even though there is and probably always will be hatred toward our dealership by beyonders.
    Never ran? I beg to differ, and so do Rage's GPS logs. Maybe you should read the entire thread before you come on and spread your BS. What cars do you get in that are nicer than a HPF M3?
    HKS T04Z Bridgeport FD3S

My Ride
    Civic CX, Mazda Protege

Originally posted by 962 kid

Never ran? I beg to differ, and so do Rage's GPS logs. Maybe you should read the entire thread before you come on and spread your BS. What cars do you get in that are nicer than a HPF M3?

his 89 240

My Ride
    has three pedals.

Originally posted by rumeo

his 89 240
    Its the kids that they hire that have crap cars, and bag on nice customer cars because

a) they cant afford them

b) its not theirs and they dont care!

If it were up to me I'd never let my car out of my sight.

My friend worked at gallery for a bit before he quit over stupid management. He had hit a concrete pillar in the basement parkade whilst backing up a big 760LI, and the bumper was damaged. (everyone makes mistakes, he didn't hide it, went straight to management)

Instead of informing the owner, they told him "they were waiting on parts" for the engine issue it had really come in for, instead it was driving to Maranellos to get a quick fix!

My Ride
    89 nissan 240sx

haha how old are you guys, try my z4 roadster haha or my dinan 325i, oh wait my 335i coupe comes in 2 weeks... not bad for an 18 year old lol. now I've never disrespected anyone on this form so why are you guys so hostile towards me. and fyi the my good friend has a red on red m3 with an active auto supercharge set up, oh the many m5's and m6's that come, all oh with are considered better than rage2's m3.
    so no disrespect to shelton but there are lots of cameras around the lot, and no ones bin fired for joyride'n yet lol.

My Ride
    '08 AW E92 335i

haha how old are you guys, try my z4 roadster haha or my dinan 325i, oh wait my 335i coupe comes in 2 weeks... not bad for an 18 year old lol. now I've never disrespected anyone on this form so why are you guys so hostile towards me. and fyi the my good friend has a red on red m3 with an active auto supercharge set up, oh the many m5's and m6's that come, all oh with are considered better than rage2's m3.
    so no disrespect to shelton but there are lots of cameras around the lot, and no ones bin fired for joyride'n yet lol.
    what do you do at the dealership?

My Ride
    89 nissan 240sx

Originally posted by funkedelic2

what do you do at the dealership?
    tech. and honestly we provide excellent service. obviously we can't please everyone but the fact that were still in business and booked weeks in advance means were doing something right.

My Ride
    NC1

^^

It just means customers are forced to go to you because they have no other choice.

A senior tech that's been there for over 10 years told me they fired a lot boy for joy riding a M6 and the boss' Bentley so don't tell me otherwise.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    89 nissan 240sx

^^^^
    but not recently. haha

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

tech. and honestly we provide excellent service. obviously we can't please everyone but the fact that were still in business and booked weeks in advance means were doing something right.
    hahahahaha, you can't be serious.

Anyone with a BMW that is 4 years old or newer has no choice but to go to Gallery or CBMW.

Once the warranty and free service is gone, there are plenty of places that will do an oil change where you don't have to wait 5 weeks to get in.

If anything, it speaks to the inability of the two dealerships to deal with the number of BMWs in Calgary that currently have free service, not how well they service cars.

Such a naive point of view you have. But I wouldn't expect anything less from an 18 year old.

My Ride
    00 328ci/04 m3 (frankenstein)

For the original question: I'd say stick to the Gallery, at this point it seems the lesser of two evils.

As for the kid saying how great Calgary BMW is..

Firstly I fully agree with Benyl, and as for my own experience..

I had a good friend pick up a super nice 330ci down in the states this past summer. He took it in to Calgary BMW for an oil change, they saw a newer bimmer and gave him the "yes sir' treatment, and told him he would be booked within the week. That was until they realised it was a US car, and then somehow he had to wait 6 weeks to get his oil changed. Complete crap, he's just brought it in to me ever since (because they also wouldn't honor any type of warranty).

And being a shop owner myself, and a person who takes pride in their work and cares about customers

^^^^
    but not recently. haha
    I wouldn't be so cavalier about people joyriding in customer cars.
    Unbelievable.
    "Excuse me, is your refrigerator running? Because if it is, it probably runs like you... very homosexually."

No disrespect until now, I was just calling out your lies on the joyriding. There are multiple eyewitnesses and GPS logs that dispute what you say. Just because they haven't been fired doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

^^^^
    but not recently. haha
    You also say that rage's car getting taken out for a joyride is in the past, and that was quite recent so according to you, anything that hasn't happened in the last 48 hours doesn't count? No wonder you think CBMW is so great

BTW neither a Z4 roadster or dinan 325 is better than a 760hp M3 cab in any way, shape or form. Neither is the M5, neither is the M6. Neither is the red AA supercharged M3 (nice car regardless), and neither is a stock 335i. In fact, you'd be very hard pressed to find a BMW that tops rage's car, so remove your head from your sphincter.
    HKS T04Z Bridgeport FD3S

My Ride
    89 nissan 240sx

regardless the fact or the matter is that your car gets fixed. us cars are screwed when it comes to priority but that the trade off i guess when you buy a bmw from bmw north america and expect bmw canada to service it. and fyi the shop forman at gallery is a former tech from calgary and our tech often go up to gallery to train techs as well.

My Ride
    CBR600RR

^^^^
    but not recently. haha
    HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OMG SO FUNNY!

STFU & GTFO dipshit
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

My Ride
    89 nissan 240sx

haha listen 962 BOY, kid, chick, what ever you are, i will admit that some of my arguments have been a bit naive but never have i sunk so low as to insult another person... i could understand if rage2 himself might have posted that but you are like a 3rd wheel in this discussion. when you can afford 3 bmw's at such a young age then maybe you can talk to me. maybe when you own 2 ill consider you to know what your talking about.
    but thanks for those silly remarks on your thought basically about the nicer car is the one that is the fastest.

ide rather a car balance in horsepower, options and ride quality lol let alone warranty like an m5 than a car with 750hp.

i would love to meet shelton in person and get his thoughts rather then yours!!
    Last edited by NewSR20; 01-07-2009 at 06:22 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast