Quantcast
Examples of the brilliance of private industry gov't awarded contracts in the US - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Examples of the brilliance of private industry gov't awarded contracts in the US

My Ride
    firebird

Default Examples of the brilliance of private industry gov't awarded contracts in the US

If anyone wonders why the USA has a staggering national debt and unprecedented amount of waste, read this article for a some interesting information. This is what the continued abuse / corruption of the lobbying system and blinded worship of pure free-market capitalism / private industry causes.

You can thank the Bush / Cheney dream team and their lust for private enterprise and no-bid / cost plus contracts for this mess.

"The government spent $368.4 billion on all contracts in 2008, and Republican Oklahoma Senator Tom Coburn estimates that about $100 billion of that was wasted. U.S. spending on 3.7 million contracts in 2008 represented an increase of 76 percent over 2000 levels. "

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...Oe8&refer=home
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    Bicycle

That's news?

Guess where Harper's $60B is gonna go.

My Ride
    firebird

^haha no not news...but easier to post this article than encourage people to read Shock Doctrine. That is an encyclopedia of information on this subject but on a global level.

And I would hope we are able to put more checks and balances in our $60 billionh doomsday bailout...
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802