Quantcast
Guests and Visitors question - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Guests and Visitors question

Default Guests and Visitors question

I've searched a few resources and cannot find a helpful answer and of course gov't phone numbers are useless during the weekends so i thought you guys could help me out.

I'm renting the bottom of a split level house with a roommate and the other day our landlord came over to say that my new girlfriend isnt allowed over for more than 3 days a week. However nowhere in the contract does it state how long we are allowed to have guests over. She is over a couple of nights a week and sometimes over on saturday.

the only thing i can find states that guest and visitors are allowed to stay over for a "reasonable amount of time"

my question is, can my landlord state how long someone is allowed over without it being in the contract? and is the justified to threaten us with a rent increase?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

This stuff does not fly in calgary anymore. It used to due to the low vacancy rate, but these cash grabs dont work right now.

With the amount of vacancies right now, finding a place with a decent land lord is easy. Landlord set the rent, it is being paid, end of story.

Reasonable amount of time? in whose eyes? Sure a reasonable amount of time for a friend might be a day or 2, but a reasonable amount for a new wife or girlfriend might be full time. offer an extra 20 a month for utilities this person might use.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Well if she's over for more than half the week, maybe she should be paying part of the rent/utilities.

At least, as the roommate that's how I would feel. Maybe he tipped your landlord off about the situation?

My Ride
    2012 300C SRT8 /2015 F150 Platinum

Originally posted by Amysicle
    Well if she's over for more than half the week, maybe she should be paying part of the rent/utilities.

At least, as the roommate that's how I would feel. Maybe he tipped your landlord off about the situation?
    That's what I was thinking.
    2014 Jeep SRT, 2015 F150 Platinum , 2013 Keystone Laredo 291TG

[Do][---+---][oD]

My Ride
    Lease

That the idea behind overnight guests. But maybe talk with your landlord and see if she can stay more often for a little bump in the rent for him to leave you two alone, money talks.

My Ride
    Bicycle

That's my take too.

Utilities for 2.5 people is more than 2 people. If you and your roommate are splitting 50/50, he may think it's not fair.

Plus he's probably jealous you're getting more poon than him.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-17-2020 at 04:13 PM.

just a note, you may think your roommate is cool with your gf staying over, but I'm pretty sure he fucking hates it. He agreed to rent the place with you, not you and your gf (who's there more than 50% of the time).
    J

My Ride
    '10 Civic

Originally posted by Mys73ri0
    just a note, you may think your roommate is cool with your gf staying over, but I'm pretty sure he fucking hates it. He agreed to rent the place with you, not you and your gf (who's there more than 50% of the time).
    This.

You guys prob hog up the tv and watch crappy shows like two and a half men.

well after a chat with both the roommate and the landlord it came to the agreement that if she is over for more than 4 days a week she will be paying utilities.

still pissed because she is only ever over for a couple of hours at night. but whatever.

as for the hogging tv? we dont own one and i've got my projector in my room.

Maybe he is pissed that he can hear you guys have sex , or you guys are always home? Who knows , you should probably talk to him to see what you can do.

When my best chick friend used to live with me , i could hear her having sex and visa versa , so we talked, and i never heard her again and she never heard me again.

It seriously helps to talk to the person.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//