Quantcast
LF: Real Estate Lawyer - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: LF: Real Estate Lawyer

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Default LF: Real Estate Lawyer

Hey guys - anyone know of a good Real Estate lawyer who doesn't charge an arm and a leg? Maybe get a discount for both a sale and a purchase?

Please let me know.

Thanks!

My Ride
    330hp

Honestly bro, through my experiences with lawyers...after differentiating between a crook and passionate lawyer; it is all about getting what you pay for. Remember to always interview your potential attorney with a shitload of questions, if at any time you feel something fishy or he's stating "we will win" is a shitty lawyer.

Knauss is okay for real estate...do NOT use Rob Kirr or however you spell his name. Rob is the type of attorney that has his head stuck up his ass, he has no balls nor motivation...he charges $26 each time you call him, LOL...loser. Crooked guy just out to collect cash.

Hiring an attorney should be like buying a car; do your due diligence---after all you are paying the person at least $3000.00+ depending on your situation/project. And your lawyer can either fuck you over making matters worse or make you prosper (usually the pricey Barristers-remember time is money to them but be sure you have a REAL pro dealing with your case)
    Updating...

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

^^^ Thanks for the tip.

Sorry- I should have better explained my needs, as a real estate lawyer could do many more things than what I require.

All I need is someone to look over sale and purchase documents for the sale of my townhouse, and a purchase of a house. No fighting for me or anything like that; just a simple common everyday sale and purchase....

Hi Kloubek,

Did you sell your townhouse? If so, congrats!

I've used Richard Cragg twice now, and both times he has done an excellent job, and both times he was the cheapest I could find. Great guy to deal with as well.

His fee came to $495 for the sale of my place, for a normal run of the mill townhouse sale.

I believe he gave me a $100 discount because we are also using him for another sale, and told him we would be using him for the purchase of another place (he's giving us a discount on both of those as well).

He works out of a small office just across from Marlbrough Mall where the old Ikea used to be.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Perfect Cmyden - that's exactly what I was looking for! $500 is extremely reasonable!

No, I have not sold the place quite yet. I have one (rather unreliable) friend who says he has someone who is very interested in purchasing it as an investment property.

I also had someone contact me on Beyond who claimed to be "very very" interested, but have yet to hear back. I just wanted to make sure I was prepared when the time came; hopefully it's in the new few days!

I also had someone contact me on Beyond who claimed to be "very very" interested, but have yet to hear back. I just wanted to make sure I was prepared when the time came; hopefully it's in the new few days!
    I definitely know that feeling! I had a few of the 'very very interested' as well, but that was back in September, and then once October hit, I never heard from them again.

It seems that right now there are a bunch of first time buyers in the market, maybe ones that have been waiting since last fall, and were waiting for the spring to make their move.

Looks like properties in the sub-300k range are actually getting close to a normal absorption rate. Above 400k seems to be a different story!
    I used to have a travel thread on Beyond. I used to be somebody.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

$500 is crazy cheap for a realestate transaction. I think $1000 is the norm now.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

For anyone who is also interested, here is another contact provided via PM by another helpful memeber. (Thanks!)

Your Lawyer
    (403) 261-4010
    http://www.canpages.ca/page/AB/calg...er/3440158.html

$500 is crazy cheap for a realestate transaction. I think $1000 is the norm now.
    I think it's more expensive when you're buying than when you're selling.

I believe Cragg quoted me a price around $700 for when we buy. It varied slightly depending on the price of the house.

I did feel it was a great price though!

Originally posted by Kloubek
    For anyone who is also interested, here is another contact provided via PM by another helpful memeber. (Thanks!)

Your Lawyer
    (403) 261-4010
    http://www.canpages.ca/page/AB/calg...er/3440158.html

I have used Your Lawyer in the past and they are cheap, I cant remember the exact price but it was definitely under $500. They were also very fast and I had no problems with them.

I recommend them to anyone.

My Ride
    BMW E70

Be careful with Your Lawyer, with transactions tight closing time frames this firm isn't known for their organization or professionalism. I haven't personally used them but have heard feedback from clients of mine who have used them.

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

I use Beaumont Church LLP

Henry Beaumont is an 80 year old jokester with a ton of great stories..(make sure to ask him about his "dirty weekends" haha)Prices are good and works always accurate.

403-264-0000
    (talk to better prue, his assistant)

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9