Quantcast
Dear Kellogg's ... Your Truly, Joe Rogan - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Kellogg's ... Your Truly, Joe Rogan

My Ride
    2016 VW MK7 R ORYX DSG TECH

Default Dear Kellogg's ... Your Truly, Joe Rogan

Dear, Kellogg’s.
    I’m writing this letter to express my disappointment in your company in firing Michael Phelps as a spokesperson for your products because he was photographed while enjoying some marijuana. I respectfully would like to communicate my opinion on this matter because I think it’s of great public interest. First of all, although it is true that Mr. Phelps broke the law, I think any reasonably intelligent person would admit that it’s one of the most ***** up and corrupt laws that we have today in this country. Marijuana is relatively harmless and certainly far less dangerous than a host of other things that are not only legal but also readily available, like alcohol and prescription drugs. The only reason it remains illegal to this day is because it’s a plant and you can’t patent it and control it’s sale, and because if it were legal it would greatly affect the demand for a host of prescription drugs that rake in billions of dollars each year for pharmaceutical companies.

That’s it.
    Marijuana has never killed anyone EVER in over 10,000 years of use. We’re not protecting people from themselves, we’re not saving the children - it’s just a horribly illogical law that is in place because of corruption and propaganda. The fact that it’s against the law is just a disgusting reminder of how retarded our system is, not a reasonable reaction to a proven threat to society.

I have to say, this whole thing saddens me, because I personally would like to think that as Americans we’re better than this. These television news anchors will shake their heads at the thoughtless mistake Mr. Phelps had made by “smoking dope,” and then without even the tiniest sense of irony they will cut to a beer commercial. This is supposed to be the land of the free and the home of the brave, right? We’re not supposed to be a nation of little bitches giving in to the whims of corrupt politicians and the pharmaceutical companies who’s interests they’re representing. It’s 2009, and in this day and age with the incredible access to information that we have available there’s no ***** way that we should be allowing human beings to tell other human beings that they can’t do something that they enjoy that hurts no one including themselves. THAT is madness. THAT is ignorant, and THAT is completely ***** un-American. I don’t want to hear any of that, “he’s setting a bad example with the children” nonsense either, because we all know if he had a gin and tonic in his hand instead of a bong this would never have been an issue, even though every single study ever done has shown that marijuana is FAR less dangerous than alcohol. Marijuana laws are a horrible waste of resources and law enforcement, and especially in this day and age with our economy in such horrible shape I believe the last thing we need to be doing is wasting tax payers’ money on any of this victimless *****.

I find your reactions to Mr. Phelps situation both ignorant and short sighted. I think what would have been a far better response from Kellogg’s would be to support Mr. Phelps, and perhaps point out that maybe we as a society should take a closer look at the evidence and possibly reconsider our position on this misunderstood plant that so many of our productive citizens find useful. Now, I’m sure if you really were running Kellogg’s and you were still reading my ***** all the way down to this, you must be thinking, “Why the hell would we stick our necks out like that for pot smokers?”

And of course the answer to that question would be, because we buy your *****, *****. Do you guys even know your consumer statistics? Well, let me fill you in on some of my own personal scientific research on the subject, because I have been closely studying my own purchases for over 20 years, and I can tell you that I’ve been high 100% of the time I’ve bought your *****.
    I mean, do you guys ever think about what you sell?
    Pop tarts? Are you kidding me? I would be willing to bet that 50% of the people buying pop tarts are stoned out of their ***** minds. Just to be perfectly clear on my position, I would like you to know that I enjoy your products. I think many of them are quite tasty, but lets be honest; you guys sell sugar-drenched ***** that’s horrible for your body - in fact, it’s actually way worse for your body than pot - and you market this ***** specifically to children. You assholes go as far as putting lovable cartoon characters on the boxes just so that kids will beg their parents for it.

Now, I don’t want you to misunderstand my point, because I in no way want anything bad to happen to your company. Like I said, I genuinely enjoy your products. There’s nothing quite like being stoned out of your mind at 2am watching a Chuck Norris movie and eating a bowl of fruit loops. Your company and its products have been a part of some very pleasurable moments in guilty eating, and I’m glad you’re around.
    All I’m saying is that it’s high time (no pun intended) that you ***** respect the stoner dollar. There’s WAY more of us than you might think, and we tend to get upset about dumb ***** like this. There are millions of us, and if we decide that we don’t like a company, they’re going to feel it. I think if you looked into it carefully, you would be surprised at how many undercover potheads there are out there. Pot smokers don’t all fit into the obvious, negative stereotypes; we come in all shapes and forms - including by the way, the form of the greatest ***** swimmer who ever lived, EVER. Think about THAT ***** for a second. So in closing, I would like to ask you nice folks to please smarten the ***** up. I would request that you check the calendar and note that it’s 2000 and ***** 9, and next time you think about getting all uppity about pot you might want to do a quick google search on the facts.

It’s 4:40am here in LA, and I’m going to wrap up this blog and to celebrate its completion I’m going to enjoy one of my personal favorite Kellogg’s products: Eggo waffles. I’m gonna pop 4 of them bitches into the toaster, and then I’m gonna stuff the bong with some fine, American grown “Train Wreck” and sacrifice the sacred plant to the fire gods in tribute to the unjustly persecuted 8 time Olympian hero. Then I’m gonna get some butter, and I’m gonna smear it on those Eggos, I’m gonna cover them with maple syrup, and I’m going to eat the ever loving ***** out of them.
    Good day, sirs.

Yours truly,

Joe Rogan.
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    FKA Silver_SpecV

My Ride
    WRX STI

Thats awesome. I love the last part lol.

My Ride
    94 Teg

haha fuck i love joe rogan
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    '08 Audi A6 4.2L S-line

Its true.. I have eaten a whole box of fruit loops before because of the green!

"Smoking killed my father! and raped my mother!"

(see if you get that reference)

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

Always liked Joe Rogan.
    Originally posted by adamc
    you can pretty much skip over any posts that have no punctuation, as a general rule of thumb.

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

haha golden!

My Ride
    E550 Coupe (M278)

Joe Rogan = win. Rofl.
    -James
    Current beast: E550 Coupe (M278)
    Previous beasts: AM Vantage, E90 335i (modded + JB4 Map2), E39 M5

Gotta love Joe!

My Ride
    2008 Volkswagen Rabbit

Hahaha yes...another quality moment from Joe Rogan.

My Ride
    SC 03 eclipse, 06 TJ,Shadow1100, HD FXSTC, Chopper

So what is Joe bitching about? Michael Phelps decided to break the LAW, ruin his reputation and dent his career! Any reputable business would can him as a sponsor. (especially one that markets to kids) Laws are Laws regardless of what a few hippy stoners think. Especially when it comes to sports, I know I would'nt want my kids idolizing some pot head. Drugs have no business in sports. Joe rogan is just trying to up his reputation with all the dumb ass kids who think that dope is so coooool, and that some dumb ass rant is going to change the way AMERICA is and will allways be.
    Member since 2003.

^
    Kellog's didn't mind signing Phelps when they knew he had a DUI a few years ago which is also illegal. So is this telling kids that it's okay to go out and get totally wasted and crash your car? I hate how alcohol is socially acceptable yet pot isnt.

Originally posted by 3g4u
    So what is Joe bitching about? Michael Phelps decided to break the LAW, ruin his reputation and dent his career! Any reputable business would can him as a sponsor. (especially one that markets to kids) Laws are Laws regardless of what a few hippy stoners think. Especially when it comes to sports, I know I would'nt want my kids idolizing some pot head. Drugs have no business in sports. Joe rogan is just trying to up his reputation with all the dumb ass kids who think that dope is so coooool, and that some dumb ass rant is going to change the way AMERICA is and will allways be.

and i think it's funny that you're against hippy pot smoker's, yet you have a picture of Syd Barrett

My Ride

hey I dont like how pot is illegal either but thats just the way she goes. DUI is illegal but Drinking is not. Drinking and driving is somthing that people are willing to let go as doing drugs is not, especially in the good ol USA.

EDIT : I smoke dope but never expect any kind of freebie or try to change the worlds opinion on the stuff. Laws are laws.

I can't show my support for a musician that was fantastic all of a sudden? That sig has been associated with my username before you had your drivers license newb.
    Last edited by 3g4u; 02-18-2009 at 12:25 PM.
    Member since 2003.

^^ so Joe is speaking up against this rediculous notion. I agree that he wont be able to change AMERICA but at least he's writing against bullshit laws to give another perspective.

Too many idiots still fall for 'pot will kill you' simply because it's illegal.

My Ride

Originally posted by w_man

Too many idiots still fall for 'pot will kill you' simply because it's illegal.
    True true, but I just see this as Mr Rogan trying to up his rep and ego a bit more. I personally dont really like this tool but thats just me.
    Member since 2003.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Of course Pot can kill you, and has killed.

And it can ruin your life.

Some people are fine on it, and I don't judge users.

I look at it this way... would I want my kid to become a pot head?

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Originally posted by Joe Rogan

I have been closely studying my own purchases for over 20 years, and I can tell you that I’ve been high 100% of the time I’ve bought your *****.
    quoted for truthiness.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Originally posted by Toma
    Of course Pot can kill you, and has killed.

And it can ruin your life.

Some people are fine on it, and I don't judge users.

I look at it this way... would I want my kid to become a pot head?

I have yet to see one example of a ruined life from smoking marijuana. Weed isn't responsible for ruining lives, the people who live them are.
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Good to see Rogan's profanity-laced prose hasn't improved lately and still makes him sound like a moron.

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
    Good to see Rogan's profanity-laced prose hasn't improved lately and still makes him sound like a moron.
    This.
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast