Quantcast
F1 Ferrari in Calgary to see! - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: F1 Ferrari in Calgary to see!

Originally posted by DJ Lazy

Just because we are car enthusiasts doesn't mean we have to like Ferrari.
    And McLaren fanboy #2 shows up.

Originally posted by EK 2.0

You see here Ladies and Gentlemen...rage2 has proceeded to stick a knife in the back of bourge73...
    Seems to me rage stuck that knife directly into his face. If he pm'd me saying "Fuck Ferrari" in response to this thread, that would be a knife in the back.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by bourge73
    I thought Mclaren was the cheater ?
    The FIA sure made it look that way. At the end of the day, a Ferrari engineer passed around information to a McLaren engineer, specifically the use of CO2 in tires, pit stop strategy (turns out it was wrong), F2007's weight balance, and Ferrari's illegal floor in the F2007 which got banned when word went out. McLaren never used the CO2 (De La Rosa did ask a Bridgestone engineer about it), the only thing that was used was the weight distribution was plugged into the simulator. All this is in the transcripts that were made public.

Ferrari, on the other hand, gets a huge helping hand from the FIA with random penalties to competitors, more money than any other team from F1 earnings, and rule changes that favor Ferrari. This came out when the head of Ferrari was having a public fight with Bernie Ecclestone.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...=&pagenumber=4
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    e92 M3

^

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

Originally posted by buh_buh
    And McLaren fanboy #2 shows up.
    That may be true, but I still throw alot of my support to some of the other teams/drivers, such as Toyota and BMW.

My Ride
    04 Rsx-s,07 Frontier, 11 ss/rs

Been there for some time. These were taken nov.4/08.
    This car had a steering wheel and exhaust I think...

any f1 car up close is a thing of beauty. Ferrari or not.

Originally posted by BigMass
    They had it there two years ago and it was just a shell with no engine, no seat and no steering wheel. It was very boring. Oh, and it was some 10 year old model

Pictures prove it, no seat, no steering wheel (well i didnt see one) and the tires look like hard pastic.
    Its not only about money. Its about freedom, friends and family too.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

That's the F2007. It looks like it's missing a whole whack of bodywork tho. Might be Monza spec aero.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Left at 5pm

Originally posted by Zewind

Pictures prove it, no seat, no steering wheel (well i didnt see one) and the tires look like hard pastic.
    ...Because it's not a real car...Just a shell...No motor either.

They had one at the UofC a year ago for some promotional thing...Really neat to see upclose.
    Originally posted by scat19
    I have a BMW so im not stupid.

My Ride
    GMC Acadia

Originally posted by rage2
    I refuse to give any support to a team/company that has to cheat to win in Formula 1.
    Don't be a cocksucker just cuz we have the FIA on our team ...
    Originally posted by VIZSLA
    Seems that running qualifying in three heats worked so well we're now running the race in three parts too.
    1, On the track
    2, In the steward's box
    3, In Paris

My Ride
    Eagle Talon

Originally posted by iceburns288

Don't be a cocksucker just cuz we have the FIA on our team ...
    haha
    go red

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

That's the F2007. It looks like it's missing a whole whack of bodywork tho. Might be Monza spec aero.
    that is not real body work, they make a presentation spec areo at the start of every year that is made for press pics and shit... that areo would have never been tested or raced. It is just made to throw off other teams...

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

The FIA sure made it look that way. At the end of the day, a Ferrari engineer passed around information to a McLaren engineer, specifically the use of CO2 in tires, pit stop strategy (turns out it was wrong), F2007's weight balance, and Ferrari's illegal floor in the F2007 which got banned when word went out. McLaren never used the CO2 (De La Rosa did ask a Bridgestone engineer about it), the only thing that was used was the weight distribution was plugged into the simulator. All this is in the transcripts that were made public.

Ferrari, on the other hand, gets a huge helping hand from the FIA with random penalties to competitors, more money than any other team from F1 earnings, and rule changes that favor Ferrari. This came out when the head of Ferrari was having a public fight with Bernie Ecclestone.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...p;pagenumber=4
    sure the rest just made it into the shreader before the FIA showed up!!!

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Originally posted by Zewind

lol

there is a seat in the car... it is a just a piece of molded CF... what are you expecting a leather padded sparco?

Those are real F1 tires.... never been to a race... do you think a tire that lasts a 100km and holds 4g would be the same tire that is on your moms minivan?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by redline
    that is not real body work, they make a presentation spec areo at the start of every year that is made for press pics and shit... that areo would have never been tested or raced. It is just made to throw off other teams...
    Ya, I just remembered kinda what the F2007 looks like and this one looked pretty close. I just looked up some pics of the F2007 and this car has the F2007 livery (sponsors are correct), but the car # is wrong (1 went to Alonso for 2007), rear wing is totally different, bodywork is missing tons of bargeboards and winglets, general shape is close, exhaust is completely different, and front wing is close but missing the upper elements. It's not even launch aero, so it must be shitty aero specifically for presenting in public.

So ya, you're right haha.

My Ride
    Giant Reign

When shell bought that thing we had a party where there was a tire changing competition - it was fun! Air guns and all, never would've thought they would let us corporate turds use those. The tires are not plastic, it's rubber and unbelievably light (throw them like a baseball light).
    Several studies have investigated the relationship between intelligence and the degree of religious belief (excluding humanism), with most showing an inverse correlation between intelligence averages and the "importance of religion" to the testee.

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

he one at Shell 2 years ago (red/white one) did for sure have a seat and steering wheel. I took pictures of it and can post them later if you want. Still nothing special though.
    Originally posted by adamc
    you can pretty much skip over any posts that have no punctuation, as a general rule of thumb.

i'd rock it

My Ride
    04 Rsx-s,07 Frontier, 11 ss/rs

As stated, this one has a steering wheel, and exhaust. Not sure if it has a motor, couldn't really care either.
    Geez, if you guys are thrashing on a free spectacle like this, don't go to the world of wheels...

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Revhard
    Geez, if you guys are thrashing on a free spectacle like this, don't go to the world of wheels...
    I'm just trashing on it cuz I hate Ferrari. If it was any other F1 car, it'd be a whole different story .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast