Quantcast
How to convince your parents to... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: How to convince your parents to...

Default How to convince your parents to...

How do i convince my parents that i want a 88 crx. 88crxs' sellin his car and i want it, i know its in good condition and been looked after but my parents are being dinks.t hey want me to get something shittier (like a cavalier *GAG* ) cause its newer... argh pissing me off so much.

i need valid arguments not "no tha cavalier su><0rz!!!!! "

My Ride
    c300

my parents hated my crx

i just went out and bought it anyways

My Ride
    2Look slk

I have a feeling this thread will get condescending and negative comments from people so typical of this forum who disapprove of cars being bought by parents

Just curious though...how much do your parents want to spend?

oh they arent buying my car
    i have 8 grand and i wanna spend 6000 ish
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

nice.

why do they have any say? thats what i told my parents when i told them im selling the crx (they think im crazy)

My Ride
    2Look slk

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    oh they arent buying my car
    i have 8 grand and i wanna spend 6000 ish
    If you're buying it with your own money, why do you need your parents approval?

In any case, what criteria are they looking for in a car for you?

well i dont care to much about no backseats, but id wanna get some installed, just incase... you never know.

they have say cause they give me "loans" when my car needs to be repaired. so i usually pay em back, and they dont wanna be spendin money on new parts every few months like they did with my teg... but like i said i know 88crx takes care of his car, and pretty much everything is re-done to the engine
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    94' Terd

you cant just put seats in the back of a rex... i dont think theres even room...

My Ride
    1988 T-Bird Sport

Sell them on the Honda reliability, and economy.

Originally posted by DUBBED
    you cant just put seats in the back of a rex... i dont think theres even room...
    get rid of the storage and put em in, its possible, not a lot of room but i dont care

My Ride
    car

Just buy a crx with your own $$. crx's in releativly good condition go for around 4-5 g's (overpriced, but hey, suppy/demand)
    Good excuse are...

plan 1: (buying with own money)

-"I worked for the money, so can't I use the money the way i please??"
    -Let them know that you want to be responsible and independent by purchasing your own car, and not be like some rich kid asking mommy and daddy for a car.

plan 2: (asking them to buy for you)

-"For under 5 grand is a cheap realiable car that isn't hard on gas and seats 2 ppl, which is ok if your a student, single, ect..
    -crx is cheaper than cavalier
    -regardless that its a death trap if you crash, say its a "safe little car"
    -"Lots" of people say its a great 1st car, or student car ( we don't need hard facts, just "generalizations"....hehe

Hope this helps...but personally i think buying one urself will be the strongest argument, generally most parents see that as being responsible and understanding that one has to work to get something. And hell, if that doesn't work just do what dimsum said

well i got a loan, and needed my dad to co-sign ... so in a way he helped me i guess so thats why i figure he has "say"

My Ride
    NC1

I wouldn't even bother buying an old car if repair bills and such are a potential worry. For zero down you can lease so many economy cars for $200/month. Just a thought.......and what's so great about CRX's? Everyone wants one.......hmm......
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

their light, good handling, and easy on gas... im a student so i dont want to much.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    their light, good handling, and easy on gas... im a student so i dont want to much.
    My car's the same hehe
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

lol which one? type s or s2000 ?

My Ride
    1988 T-Bird Sport

Originally posted by max_boost
    I wouldn't even bother buying an old car if repair bills and such are a potential worry. For zero down you can lease so many economy cars for $200/month. Just a thought.......and what's so great about CRX's? Everyone wants one.......hmm......
    You'd have to buy a pretty big pile of shit to need $200 in repairs each month, not mention cheaper insurance, and oh yeah....you OWN it.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

why would he want a crx?

ha... cause there classics...

Originally posted by T5Bird

You'd have to buy a pretty big pile of shit to need $200 in repairs each month, not mention cheaper insurance, and oh yeah....you OWN it.
    lol sounds like my teg...

pain in the ass, 2nd month i own it: distributor goes... get it "changed" for $8 fuckin hundred (800 lol) and then its faulty and i call em up "hey do you keep reciepts on record" (me being stupid i lost it) "Oh yea kept all of em for the last few years" come down there "oh yea... we got a new computer system... so we only have records for the last year " ... "yea... i got it done about a month ago" ..."oh well... no we dont have it"... fuckers!

now i take my car to a shop who knows what their doing and aren't gonna over charge me by FOUR times what the amount costs! GRRR (stupid lessons learned from a first car hey)

then exhaust sucked, so i got a new one for $600, new clutch for $700, my distributor still isnt fixed, need head gasket fixed... ARGH

so im gettin a REX lol since engine only has like 60,000 kms on it its all good (and 88crx changed the engine to "Fix" the head gasket... fixed it with a better engine!!! lol)

My Ride
    car

there' cheap, and have great aftermarket support, like any other honda. If ya break something, its not too expensive to replace, and one doesn't feel as guilty chopping and modding them, as there old. Best of all with rex u can be fast and look nice with a relatively low budget.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast