Quantcast
Three bikes to pick from - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Three bikes to pick from

My Ride
    2008 C300 Sport

Question Three bikes to pick from

So basically looking at some people that own these bikes and see the reviews they give of them. Also of these three bikes which one would you choose.

2009 Yamaha Fz6r
    2009 Kawi 650r
    2009 Suzuki SV650A ABS

I am contemplating buying one of these three bikes but after reading up on about a hundred sites I just want to hear some info from this forum.
    I couldn't think as slow as you if I tried

My Ride
    V8s

I would go with the SV or the Ninja650R based on your other thread. They will have a much more even power curve, thus being easier to manage than the fz6r. They're still plenty quick enough, but the v twin is a little easier to ride imo. The torque can also be pretty fun in the city, you don't have to be doing 80 before you get into the power band. that, and they sound pretty cool.

My Ride
    Ducati 1199, BRZ

^

My wife just bought a SFV650 (Gladius), and my good buddy just bought a SV650 ABS. The Gladius will eventually be the replacement to the SV from what I've heard, so more or less the same bike, just different styling.

These are their first bikes and they've done everything from city riding to 3+ hour trips down the highway. I've been on most of their rides, and have ridden both bikes as well, so if you have any specific questions, let me know and I'll try to answer them.

Long story short, they're both very happy with the bikes. Great to learn on with lots of room to grow.

My Ride
    2008 C300 Sport

Yah they all look like nice bikes that the issue that I am having since there really isn't much difference in them from what I see just basic aesthetics I guess. I have heard a lot of people call the new 650R cheap looking although I haven't been able to look at one up close myself. As for the Suzuki I was just informed about this bike yesterday so this weekend I am going to head over to GW Cycle and hopefully take a peek at one of them. The Yamaha seems neat but I dont want to look too much like a touring bike rider and I am scared that's what that bike will look like when I am riding it. Not a sport bike but a touring bike I guess I just really need to sit on these guys and see which one suits me best.

I was kinda interested in the Suzuki because it offers the ABS on it and I kind of thought that was a really neat feature, now I am sure more advanced riders would poop all over it but I myself thought it was neat.

One big question I do have is why in the hell are the Honda's so damn expensive. That damn CBR 600RR and is like 13k am I missing something here other then Honda pretty much throwing a nice large dildo up everyone's ass and saying fuck yah we only sell them so you will pay for it if you want it?

My Ride
    V8s

The CBR600RR is 13k cause its a supersport. MSRP for any 600 supersport (i.e. R6, ZX-6R) is going to be about 13k. The reason its so much more than the ninja 650r/sv 650 is because they're basically race bikes for the street. More technology, better brakes, suspension, etc.

Also, japan_us's wife definitely went the right way with the Suzuki Gladius. That bike looks sick. Its like SV650 + Ducati Monster (the frame) + BMW (headlight). Its really cool. And underneath its almost the exact same bike as the SV650, just a little bit sportier (from what I've read anyways).

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Go to shops and sit on them. Make sure you fit.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by cjblair
    The CBR600RR is 13k cause its a supersport. MSRP for any 600 supersport (i.e. R6, ZX-6R) is going to be about 13k. The reason its so much more than the ninja 650r/sv 650 is because they're basically race bikes for the street. More technology, better brakes, suspension, etc.
    A lot of them are actually between 9-11K now. I wouldn't spend more than that on a 600SS

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by CUG
    A lot of them are actually between 9-11K now. I wouldn't spend more than that on a 600SS
    I agree 100%, definitely wouldn't spend more. Notice I said MSRP, most places are selling them in the range you stated (9-11k).

My Ride
    2008 C300 Sport

Originally posted by cjblair

Also, japan_us's wife definitely went the right way with the Suzuki Gladius. That bike looks sick. Its like SV650 + Ducati Monster (the frame) + BMW (headlight). Its really cool. And underneath its almost the exact same bike as the SV650, just a little bit sportier (from what I've read anyways).
    Ah ok gotcha I was just looking at just specs in general and I was like hmm same bike but like double the price. Although that answers my question.

I am torn between the Suzuki SV650A ABS and the Kawi 650R I just don't know which one I like more. I know the Suzuki has a lower sports seating style and the Kawi is a bit more upright but yah. I just don't know torn I tell you torn.....good thing I have a year to figure out which on I like better.