Quantcast
Where to buy: Pure cranberry juice - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Where to buy: Pure cranberry juice

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Default Where to buy: Pure cranberry juice

I've noticed that's it's impossible to find pure cranberry juice in grocery stores anymore. A buddy of mine said something about it being "illegal" to sell pure juice, but I think that's bullshit and he's an idiot, so I don't trust him.
    Does anyone know where to buy pure, 100% cranberry juice in Calgary? Not mixed with other juices, like grape, prune, or pomegranate. No added sugar.
    this seems like it's such a simple thing, but it's defeated me for weeks now.

if you know of some, please post brand and store where it's sold. price would also be helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

i've actually seen pure cranberry juice at london drugs on 130th ave SE with the breakfast foods. weird to see it there and not a grocery store

My Ride
    Grimace

Check with the organic stuff in a grocery store

My Ride
    CBR 929

I've seen pure cranberry juice extract that is concentrated at health food stores. You just add water-it is NOT sweetened at all either.

[url]

Shoppers Drug Mart has it too (the unsweetened kind). The particular Shoppers I got it from was on Heritage and Fairmount Dr.

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

I buy the Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice, theres the concentrated stuff and theres theres the pure Cranberry Juice stuff (thats the one) and it has a bit of added sugar.

I get mine at Walmart, its just under 4 bucks for one of those bigger bottles.
    What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    "It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

Default Re: Where to buy: Pure cranberry juice

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    I've noticed that's it's impossible to find pure cranberry juice in grocery stores anymore. A buddy of mine said something about it being "illegal" to sell pure juice, but I think that's bullshit and he's an idiot, so I don't trust him.
    Does anyone know where to buy pure, 100% cranberry juice in Calgary? Not mixed with other juices, like grape, prune, or pomegranate. No added sugar.
    this seems like it's such a simple thing, but it's defeated me for weeks now.

if you know of some, please post brand and store where it's sold. price would also be helpful.
    Get the organic stuff from Safeway.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Default Re: Re: Where to buy: Pure cranberry juice

Originally posted by schocker
    Check with the organic stuff in a grocery store
    Originally posted by bignerd
    I've seen pure cranberry juice extract that is concentrated at health food stores. You just add water-it is NOT sweetened at all either.
    I've been in two health food stores this week, and both of them do sell 100% cranberry juice for $11 and$13 dollars per litre. This is insane and I can't afford it. It was not concentrated stuff either, just juice. Incidentally, other types of juice like 100% pure black cherry juice are only about $5 per lire for the same size and brand.

Originally posted by LadyLuck
    I buy the Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice, theres the concentrated stuff and theres theres the pure Cranberry Juice stuff (thats the one) and it has a bit of added sugar.

I get mine at Walmart, its just under 4 bucks for one of those bigger bottles.
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Get the organic stuff from Safeway.
    Are you sure that's only cranberry juice? Not Apple juice, grape juice with a little bit of cranberry added for flavour and colour? Check the ingredients for me if you have a chance. I've not been able to find anything sold in safeway or wal-mart that is 100 pure cranberry juice. it might have cranberry in it and be 1005 juice, but it's always mostly either apple or grape juice when you read the label.
    maybe I have an unrealistic expectation that Cranberry juice should be as easily availible as other kinds of juices.

like mugatu said, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree

Tons of pure juices at Community Natural Foods or Planet Organic. Like you stated, expensive but way better than drinking juices from other stores filled with sugar + others.

Even then, you need to be careful as some of them are "juice from concentrate" or blends.

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Ive seen it at coop next to the vitamins

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Originally posted by TYMSMNY
    Tons of pure juices at Community Natural Foods or Planet Organic. Like you stated, expensive but way better than drinking juices from other stores filled with sugar + others.

Even then, you need to be careful as some of them are "juice from concentrate" or blends.
    This thing that drives me crazy is that the Cranberry at the organic stores is 2 to 3 times more expensive than the other types of juice. I don't even know what a guava is, but it's juice is cheaper than cranberry.

My Ride
    2017 Q7, 2013 328 xDrive

I've seen it at Co-op in the juice section. Pure cranberry juice is gross. Very bitter.

Ocean Spray is a cranberry cocktail, with like apple, and grape juice added to it to make it sweeter, .

Superstore Organics aisle. $7 for a 1L bottle of pure cranberry.

Originally posted by ExtraSlow

This thing that drives me crazy is that the Cranberry at the organic stores is 2 to 3 times more expensive than the other types of juice. I don't even know what a guava is, but it's juice is cheaper than cranberry.
    That's because you need a LOT of cranberries to make enough juice to fill one bottle.

Cranberries on their own aren't that juicy.

The only reason that the Ocean Spray crap is a comparable price is that the juice is from concentrate and water and sugar is added after the fact.