Quantcast
Crosby: "Can you please ask them to stop throwing hats now?" - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Crosby: "Can you please ask them to stop throwing hats now?"

My Ride
    Model S

Default Crosby: "Can you please ask them to stop throwing hats now?"

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stan...itals-gm2.html
    Watching Sidney Crosby pull ahead in a superstar showdown, Alex Ovechkin decided to take matters into his own hands.

Ovechkin scored a hat trick, including the winner late in the third period, to lift the Capitals to a thrilling 4-3 win over the Penguins Monday night at the Verizon Center.

Washington's victory spoiled a marvelous performance by Crosby, who also registered a hat trick.

"It's a great atmosphere and when you win the game it's an unbelievable feeling," Ovechkin told Hockey Night in Canada. "People want to see great players play well. Both teams played well and Sidney played great tonight. He scored three goals and brings energy to the team.… He's good."

While the showdown is tied in goals — Ovechkin and Crosby have four apiece — the Capitals are off to a flying start.

The NHL club now has a 2-0 series lead in its Eastern Conference semifinal with the Penguins.

Ovechkin and Crosby are more than living up to their immense hype and so, too, is this series, with the Capitals skating away to a pair of one-goal triumphs.

Washington took advantage of a careless tripping penalty by Pittsburgh centre Evgeni Malkin to forge ahead 3-2 with less than eight minutes remaining in the game.

After a faceoff win, Ovechkin rifled a one-timer to the short side of Fleury.

"Lots of goalies stop me, but I have too many chances to score goals, so sometimes the puck goes into the net," Ovechkin said of the plethora of shots his continues to register on a nightly basis.

He fired 12 at Fleury on Monday.

Malkin, on the other hand, remains a disappointment through the first two games.

Smelling blood, Ovechkin sealed the victory with 4:22 remaining, using Pittsburgh defenceman Sergei Gonchar as a screen before sending a wrist shot over the glove of Fleury — resulting in a flood of red caps onto the ice by the sold-out crowd in honour of his first career playoff hat trick.

"Sick game. Sick three goals by me and Crosby," said Ovechkin, who celebrated by bouncing his body high off the glass following both of his third-period goals.

"It's unbelievable to see how fans react, how fans go crazy. The atmosphere right now, it's unbelievable in town. You see all the red, and — probably I'm afraid to go home right now."

Following a second round of hats that descended to the ice, Crosby chatted with the referee regarding the long delay.

"People kept throwing hats," Crosby said. "And I was just asking if he could make an announcement to ask them to stop."

For his part, Crosby gave the Penguins a chance, netting his third goal of the game by batting a fourth opportunity behind Varlamov on the power play with only 31 seconds left.

In the end, Ovechkin got the help that Crosby didn't receive.

"It's nice to score," said Crosby. "But it's better to win. I'm sure it's entertaining for people to watch, if I were to look at it from a fan's point of view. As a player, you don't like when the guy on the other team gets a hat trick. That's usually not a good sign."

Standing in front of Varlamov, Crosby spotted the loose puck and slipped the shot between the pads of the Washington goaltender.

Ovechkin viewed Crosby's goal from the penalty box as he was serving teammate Alexander Semin's high-sticking penalty.

Like he did in Game 1, Varlamov completely robbed Crosby with Pittsburgh on a five-on-three advantage, taking away the one-timer by sticking out his left pad.

He quickly followed that up with a great glove save off Gonchar.

Ovechkin blasted a Viktor Kozlov pass that beat the out-of-position Fleury just inside the post.

Crosby, however, responded with his seventh goal of the playoffs at 10:57, giving the Penguins a 2-1 edge.

Feeding off Varlamov's terrific play, the Capitals tied the game nearly five minutes later. As the Penguins defence lost sight of Steckel, the Washington centre was able to convert a rebound under the left pad of Fleury.
    oh man, are you kidding me

My Ride
    Jetta

He's the captain, he's gotta do what he's gotta do.

I would almost consider it a beneficial break to settle down and get the energy level back up for PIT after falling down 4-2. But I guess Crosby saw it as an unfair chance for WSH players to rest.

Fair enough.

My Ride
    Audi 5000 QT

thus called Crybaby Crosby he's a winney bitch thats why i hate him. a great player but he bitchs and whins to much

www.boostedalberta.com
    =[[Beyonds Dirtiest Daily Driver]]=
    Originally posted by dj_rice
    OOP or whatever that Out of Province Inspection is called

Captain Canada sucks. I've watched both games in this series so far and it is plainly obvious that the Russian kid is a way better player.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

I'm pretty sure Ovie was the one diving all over the ice and crying about missed calls last night and in several game these playoffs.

And they were throwing hats on the ice forever.... must have been a solid 5 minute break.

^ I can understand that, I would be crying like a baby too because no one in the crowd cares about my own hat trick. waaaah waaaaah waaaaahhhh...I'm not as good as Crosby and everyone hates me waaah waaaah waaaahhh.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

I hope the Caps sweep the Pens so I don't have to watch/listen CBC guys cheer on Cindy any more.

Oh and that 3rd goal should have never been allowed. That was an obvious cross check to Varlamov's head

But to ask for people to stop throwing hats when their player scores a hat trick?

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

Holy overreaction by most of you guys. So he asked the ref to ask the fans to stop delaying the game, so what? You call that whining? Chill out.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Stop with the antics. Beyonder.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Ya maybe next time he could ask the ref to see what he could do about the fans being so damn loud.

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Because not enough people make fun of what a whiny pussy Crosby is already?

Had one of those hats glanced the side of his helmet, he'd likely end up on bed rest for the remainder of the series...
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

My Ride
    is probably sh*tier than urs

if this was in pittsburgh do u think crosby woulda asked for the hat throwing to stop?!

....prob not
    You can technically get a ticket for each window that's illegally tinted. So as above, if you're being an ass to the officer (or if he's just an ass to begin with), he can give you two. (or three tickets if you're dumb enough to tint the windshield of your BMW... but if you own a BMW you can't be stupid right?)
    Originally posted by RoseLover

Any penny you have to work hard to get, you will consider as "cheapness"...if you hate people from overseas...why you stay in North America!

My Ride
    impreza

I don't think it's an overreaction when he has been doing it his whole NHL career. He has been coddled since he was playing in junior.

Voted the League's Biggest Whiner by Players

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by HyperZell
    Holy overreaction by most of you guys. So he asked the ref to ask the fans to stop delaying the game, so what? You call that whining? Chill out.

I don't understand all the Crosby hating..... when he scores or sets up the game winning goal next year in the olympics I wonder if everyone will still hate on him?

Ovie's just as much of a cry baby on the ice.... snaping his head back trying to draw penalties.

Did Crosby ask the refs after Ov's hat trick, or after his hat trick?

I would understand what Crosby did if it was after his own goal... he brought the Pens within a goal and there's 30 seconds of hockey left to play. You don't want your team to lose momentum, there's still a chance that they could take the game.

If it was after Ov's goal... then yeah, he's a cry-baby bitch

I think you guys are a bit over the top with your hate for Crosby though... he's a sick player, I can't wait to see him on Team Canada, it was a huge oversight that he wasn't on the '06 team.

Originally posted by 88CRX

I don't understand all the Crosby hating..... when he scores or sets up the game winning goal next year in the olympics I wonder if everyone will still hate on him?

Ovie's just as much of a cry baby on the ice.... snaping his head back trying to draw penalties.
    I'm with ya man I like both of them and this series has been good to watch. Hope the pens can take the next two to keep it going.

The thing about Sidney Crosby is when people can't really find anything else to rip you for because you're amazing, they start to rip you for things that really don't matter.

He's the best player in the NHL, the face of the league, the classiest 21 year old the league's maybe ever seen, and he'll lead Team Canada to Olympic Gold in 9 months.

The guy has faced intense scrutiny and had cameras on him since he was 8 years old, hailed as the "Next Great One". I think he's handled it with more class than any of you (or I) could.

Okay, he complains to the refs a lot. But if you actually WATCHED hockey, instead of just believing what you hear and read about him, you'd see that he puts up with more abuse and plays much more physical than it sounds like he does in the newspaper.

He's the CAPTAIN. It's his JOB to talk to the refs.

Unless you watch Penguins hockey, you really can't appreciate how much Sidney brings to this team and this league.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by malcolmk14
    The thing about Sidney Crosby is when people can't really find anything else to rip you for because you're amazing, they start to rip you for things that really don't matter.

He's the best player in the NHL, the face of the league, the classiest 21 year old the league's maybe ever seen, and he'll lead Team Canada to Olympic Gold in 9 months.

Originally posted by malcolmk14
    He's the CAPTAIN. It's his JOB to talk to the refs.
    No kidding.... Jarome bitches to the ref's just as much as Sidney and everyone loves him. Funny how that works.

All captains (and most players) bitch to ref's non-stop.

My Ride
    Model S

Haha fanboy alert.

He's a spoiled baby probably because he got it in his head that he was Wayne Gretzky since he was a junior.

It's funny, when Ovechkin gets owned, his responses are always something positive like "Damn, that guy did good, I need to work harder" and Crosby says shit like "Stop throwing hats!!"

As for classiest the league has ever seen, well the overwhelming majority adamantly disagree with that...52% of the vote for biggest whiner by his peers, beating Chris Pronger at 8%, damn!

So yeah, I'll still hate on him even if he does set up the game winner in the Olympics, because it's all about attitude.

Scoring a hat trick is no small feat in the playoffs, he played pretty amazingly. I just love that the time he does it, Ovechkin one-ups him yet again and has a hat trick of his own as well as winning the game.

Haha, I can only imagine what the Washington fans' reaction would have been if the ref said "Sidney wants you guys to stop throwing hats." Way to fuel the fire!

Unless you watched Penguins hockey 12-15 years ago, you can't really appreciate that Ovechkin is the best talent the league has seen since Mario Lemieux

Ovechkin > Crosby

Forget statistics... Ovie brings that extra something into the game, and I love it.

My Ride
    kryptonian meteorite

^^^ diving is what he brings HAHA. should join ruutu.

CROSBY >>>>>> OVECHKIN

its his job as the captain to get the game rolling they were down by 2, what do you expect?

ovechkin scores hat trick, hats rain down, clean up. hats rain down AGAIN, clean up. it kills momentum if you are trying to get back in the game.

edit: you know when people take liberties with you since you were a kid because you have so much skills what do you expect? if i were him getting hacked and slashed since i was a kid - i'd fucking for sure make sure the refs know. it might not work all the time but at least the refs will keep their eye out. i dont hear you guys bitching about gretzky whining and shit when he used to play haha.
    Last edited by stevieo; 05-05-2009 at 10:48 AM.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast