Quantcast
*risks of doing shisha/sheesha/hookah* - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: *risks of doing shisha/sheesha/hookah*

Default *risks of doing shisha/sheesha/hookah*

So like a lot of people i do smoke shisha on a regular basis, but i was just sitting here thinking what the the major effects or if they're are any. So i went to google and started looking. From what i know shisha is better for you than cigarettes, it has 99.9% less tar and 95.5% less nicotine. Well anyways as i was looking through the internet i seemed to come across may articles that say shisha is the same if not worse as smoking cigarettes. Why?

Well for one if you use just your household foil that has a chemical layer on it and when it burns due to the coal it causing and increase in getting cancer.
    so this is from one of the news articles "the aluminium foil, which is usually of poor quality, reacts with the burning charcoal and produces aluminium fumes that are carcinogenic or in other words causes cancer"

also in another article it states that the amount of carbon dioxide inhaled through shisha is very high compared to cigarette smoking, adding that one shisha smoke is equal to seven or 10 cigarettes depending on the packed ingredients.

and also that when smoke goes through water humidity in smoke increases and it then tends to stay for a longer time in the lungs. Some germs, mainly bacteria that cause tuberculosis, live in the shisha pipe.

Anyone here want to clarify if the information i been reading is wrong or maybe even just hyped up a little bit.

Yes i do understand smoking is smoking and there is always the chance of cancer, just i didn't think shisha was this bad?
    Last edited by sk65guy; 05-12-2009 at 04:04 AM.

its true, shisha is as bad if not worse

My Ride
    My Car

shisha is just a normal thing that was passed down threw arabic generations, it's worse then smoking, 1 head of a shisha is 1 pack of smokes or was that half i dont remember

but i always thought there was less tobacco and nicotine in shisha? so therefore wouldn't the chances of getting cancer be less and also wouldn't this make it better than just smoking ?

My Ride
    My Car

its the same and even more worse, the diff is that shisha tobacoo has flavors, apple apple, mint, and alot of other frute flavoresclick for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

My Ride
    72 Virgins

I heard that you can't get a girl pregnant if you jerk off three times before fucking.

Anyone here want to clarify if the information I've read is wrong or maybe even just hyped up a little bit?
    Originally posted by Spoons
    I can't even count the amount of times I took a pill with meth, heroine, speed, you name it laced with it. You gotta be careful.

My Ride
    09 WRX

Originally posted by sk65guy
    but i always thought there was less tobacco and nicotine in shisha? so therefore wouldn't the chances of getting cancer be less and also wouldn't this make it better than just smoking ?
    First of all, smoking anything at all is obviously bad for you. Doesn't matter what you're smoking. Second, Nicotine and Tobacco are not the only carciogens associated with smoking, there are a ton of additives in each one tha gives you the buzz, and makes it burn slow, and those are the real bad things.

My Ride
    My Car

^^^ WEED lol

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Any type of smoke you inhale is very bad for your lungs. Its common sense.

Sit in a room that is constantly filled with smoke with no fresh air, regardless of the source, you will die pretty damn quick...lol.

Originally posted by G-Suede
    I heard that you can't get a girl pregnant if you jerk off three times before fucking.

Anyone here want to clarify if the information I've read is wrong or maybe even just hyped up a little bit?
    its 4 times....in her bum

My Ride

89coupe is right ... Smoke is smoke, none of its good for you.

Since thats the case, if your going to smoke, fuck the shitty buzz/recent hype of Shisha and smoke some good Weed.

My Ride
    Mitsu Lancer

the only difference is the smoke is thinner due to the water filtering.the lighter the smoke the longer it stays in your lungs. Otherwise its almost the same. smoking is smoking.

still love it tho..!

My Ride
    08 Civc LX, 03 Durango, 11 Duramax

WHAT ABOUT WEESHA GUYS ?

-the internetz says its good for yous.

Depends if you get the tar free + nicotine free shit, which is slightly less bad for you. But smoke in your lungs is gonna be bad for you either way.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Default Re: *risks of doing shisha/sheesha/hookah*

Originally posted by sk65guy

Well for one if you use just your household foil that has a chemical layer on it and when it burns due to the coal it causing and increase in getting cancer.
    so this is from one of the news articles "the aluminium foil, which is usually of poor quality, reacts with the burning charcoal and produces aluminium fumes that are carcinogenic or in other words causes cancer"

so how does this differ from using tin foil on the bbq? or oven?

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Originally posted by VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN

First of all, smoking anything at all is obviously bad for you. Doesn't matter what you're smoking. Second, Nicotine and Tobacco are not the only carciogens associated with smoking, there are a ton of additives in each one tha gives you the buzz, and makes it burn slow, and those are the real bad things.
    Ingredients in my Al-Fakher shisha: Tobacco, Molasses. Not seeing any of these additives. The number of carcinogens is very dependant on the temperature that something is burned (or vaporized). I'm working on a heating element/bowl combo that plugs in and eliminates the need for a coal. In theory it'll work pretty similar to a Volcano, but minus the air pump.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

Default Re: Re: *risks of doing shisha/sheesha/hookah*

Originally posted by ercchry

so how does this differ from using tin foil on the bbq? or oven?
    Srsly?! Because your not inhaling chemicals from the tin foil when its in the oven or on the bbq, your cooking with it.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Default Re: Re: Re: *risks of doing shisha/sheesha/hookah*

Originally posted by Chester

Srsly?! Because your not inhaling chemicals from the tin foil when its in the oven or on the bbq, your cooking with it.
    and those chemicals go where? oh into your FOOD... that you eat...

Originally posted by 89coupe
    Any type of smoke you inhale is very bad for your lungs. Its common sense.

Sit in a room that is constantly filled with smoke with no fresh air, regardless of the source, you will die pretty damn quick...lol.
    yes i do no that.. if you read the whole thread it clearly state that smoking is smoking.. i just thought that shisha wasn't as bad

My Ride
    My Car

^^ Man who cares lol u only live once on this place called earth enjoy it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast