Quantcast
Mercedes C55 AMG - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mercedes C55 AMG

Originally posted by you&me

Another C55 out east - http://www.multiline.ca/instock/

Has 64k, but that's not all that bad on an 05...
    Thanks - Didn't even know about that website. Decent price too.

I drove a 2006 S4 today, it's definitely slower than my car (~60 less ft/lb of torque was noticeable), but its really nice in other ways too. I need to find a C55 in the city to refresh my memory with as well. I'm still trying to figure out a way to swing a 2007 RS4 from the states - that would make this decision a no-brainer.

Does anyone know off hand what Audi and/or Mercedes does for warranty in Canada on American cars? If not I'll just call the manufactures and ask.

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Thanks - Didn't even know about that website. Decent price too.

I drove a 2006 S4 today, it's definitely slower than my car (~60 less ft/lb of torque was noticeable), but its really nice in other ways too. I need to find a C55 in the city to refresh my memory with as well. I'm still trying to figure out a way to swing a 2007 RS4 from the states - that would make this decision a no-brainer.

Does anyone know off hand what Audi and/or Mercedes does for warranty in Canada on American cars? If not I'll just call the manufactures and ask.
    Both manufacturers honor the original 4yr/80k warranty from US cars (I guess it's 50k miles). The local Audi dealers are fine dealing with US cars. Both MB dealers are total dicks when it comes to US cars.

Extended manufacturers warranties will not be honored and cannot be added to ex-US cars in Canada.

Originally posted by you&me

Both manufacturers honor the original 4yr/80k warranty from US cars (I guess it's 50k miles). The local Audi dealers are fine dealing with US cars. Both MB dealers are total dicks when it comes to US cars.

Extended manufacturers warranties will not be honored and cannot be added to ex-US cars in Canada.

Thanks, good to know. I likely wouldn't buy the C55 from the states because I suspect significant modifications are necessary. To possible RS4 absolutely must come fro mthe states for me to afford it. Sucks they won't honor extended warranties, but thats not a huge deal - I will only be driving around 8,000km a year at most.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2