Quantcast
1995 Acura Integra....strange noise - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: 1995 Acura Integra....strange noise

My Ride
    1995 Acura Integra LS (4DR)

Default 1995 Acura Integra....strange noise

I have two questions:

1. theres a weird problem on my 95 Integra LS (auto), just bought it couple weeks back...the problem is when I am at 60km/h there is noise coming from I think the muffler..its not loud though but sometimes becomes annoying...one of my friend told me its the wind blowing into the muffler cause I am driving fast and there nothing to be worried about...everytime I accelerate at that speed I hear it...

2. when I accelerate to about 40 km/h...the RPM goes to 3 and the car jerks a little and the RPM goes back to 1 and then when it reaches 60 km/h it does the same thing again...after 60 km/h its ok...its a automatic car...is this normal?

please help me...cause if there is a problem I will take it back to the dealer to fix it...

Default Re: 1995 Acura Integra....strange noise

Originally posted by noyzz_boyzz
    I have two questions:

1. theres a weird problem on my 95 Integra LS (auto), just bought it couple weeks back...the problem is when I am at 60km/h there is noise coming from I think the muffler..its not loud though but sometimes becomes annoying...one of my friend told me its the wind blowing into the muffler cause I am driving fast and there nothing to be worried about...everytime I accelerate at that speed I hear it...

2. when I accelerate to about 40 km/h...the RPM goes to 3 and the car jerks a little and the RPM goes back to 1 and then when it reaches 60 km/h it does the same thing again...after 60 km/h its ok...its a automatic car...is this normal?

please help me...cause if there is a problem I will take it back to the dealer to fix it...
    1). You would have to describe the noise better but here is my theory. A small rodent such as a racoon has climbed into your muffler and when it heats up at 60 KMPH the little bugger starts screamin... Actually its probably something like a broken or missing muffler clamp, a hole in your muff, but no, you are not going too fast for your muffler

2). Ummmmmmmmm Im gonna go out on a limb on this one... This is how automatics switch gears dude... At 40 you are most likely switching from 2nd to 3rd gear. This will drop your RPM's and if your tranny isnt smooth you will feel a kick (stronger if you are matting it driving like Vin Diesel). Then again this will happen at 60 KM/h or around there when the tranny drops into 4th... The speeds at which this happens will change depending on the acceleration/velocity factor of your flux capacitor.
    But I would have to drive it like I stole it to know for sure.
    Daver

My Ride
    335i

I have two questions:

1. Most likely the muffler is rattling and hitting something under there. Mine does the same thing. Take it to a muffler shop to get it secured better and it should fix the problem.

2. I know auto civics shift more aggressively than many of the bigger american cars, so maybe your transmission is similar to that of a civic. If it jerks really badly, you may have to check into another transmission.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    MDX

I have two questions:

1. Stop tearing around in reverse and keep the wind out of it....It will blow your engine up.

2. Go to the dealership and ask for a automagic tranni syncro swap with an integra type-r, they shift waaaay nicer, and sound cool too.

My Ride

thanks guys,

any other solutions?

could I take it back to the dealer I bought it from and have him fix it? cause its only 2 weeks since I bought it...
    one other thing....so does that mean something is wrong on my transmission or is the fluid low?

thanks
    Last edited by noyzz_boyzz; 10-29-2003 at 01:52 PM.

thanks guys,

any other solutions?

could I take it back to the dealer I bought it from and have him fix it? cause its only 2 weeks since I bought it...
    one other thing....so does that mean something is wrong on my transmission or is the fluid low?

thanks
    If you bought it from a dealer and you have warranty go back and express your concerns. If you dont have warranty get the KY Jelly and spread em.

My Ride

^thanks for the nice reply!

Auto Honda Transmissions are notorious for 'rougher' shifting than 99% of american cars. First thing to do would be to check the fluid level of the tranny. If it's low..... top it up. If it's still shifting roughly have someone look at it who knows about these cars. Unfortunately most used car dealers, wether it was used from Acura or Ford.... Don't hand out the best warranties and most of the time and will do a patch job to fix you're whining
    You don't wanna race me.... you've seen taillights like mine a thousand times!!!!

RIP T.T. Feb 09 2004

My Ride

I will check the fluid...hope that solves the problem....just bought it two weeks ago....

thanks guys!