Quantcast
Edmonton police officer swarmed - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Edmonton police officer swarmed

Default Edmonton police

Teens swarm Edmonton officer, police say

By Sarah McLellan, Edmonton Journal
    July 29, 2009

EDMONTON — A group of six teenagers swarmed an Edmonton police officer early Wednesday after the officer struggled to arrest an 18-year-old man, police said.

The incident happened after midnight when two officers responded to a report that a vehicle was knocking over construction pylons in Edmonton.

The officers found a vehicle at a nearby school where several teenagers had gathered.

An 18-year-old man who appeared to be intoxicated refused to co-operate with the officers and became combative, choking one officer, police said.

While the man and the officer struggled, about six other teenagers surrounded them.

“The kids are yelling and screaming,” Edmonton police Supt. David Veitch told reporters. “They’re making comments about ‘Kick the crap out of the officer,’ things like that, kind of inciting this fight even further.”

The second officer ordered the teens to back off but had to physically move the teens away, police said.

A Taser was deployed, and officers arrested the man. He was examined by paramedics at the scene and suffered no apparent injuries, police said.

The injured officer was taken to hospital for treatment and was later released.

“This whole situation shows blatant disrespect for police officers, and this behaviour should not be tolerated in this community,” said Veitch.

“There’s no good reason for anyone to be gathering in a park area after midnight. Parents need to know where their kids are and what they’re doing.”

Michael Anthony Harris, 18, was charged with assaulting a peace officer and resisting arrest.

A 15-year-old was charged with assaulting a peace officer and obstruction. He was also charged with possessing brass knuckles, a prohibited weapon.

A 16-year-old was charged with obstruction and assaulting a peace officer.

Edmonton officers are still trying to track down two more suspects, police said.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Good one Edmonchuck.

My Ride
    has three pedals.

Yet they'll call the police in a second when they're scared, or something is going wrong....

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

The cops shoulda just clubbed them

Originally posted by JfuckinC
    The cops shoulda just clubbed them
    who the hell tries to combat a police officer

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

So, a taser was used and nobody died. In a situation where shots may have been fired before and people could have been seriously injured. Sucks the kids are so stupid, but really it could happen here just as easily. Hope those kids get what is coming to them.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

The kids will get a slap on the wrist, as they always do.

wow....idiots

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Stupid kids should've been beat within an inch of their life. I have absolutely NO RESPECT FOR ANYONE, YOUNG OR OLD who has no respect for LEO's.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    4 doors, 4 cylinders

Scary situation being circled, even if it is by a few younger kids. But that's when it's 'bow chuckin' time... there would be a few less teeth in their heads for sure.

An unfortunately, it's true, they will walk, unless the judge has been circled and beaten up in his life, which is probably very unlikely.

Most judges have no idea what it's like to be a victim... let the bleeding heart prevail.
    Just because it happened to you, doesn't make it interesting.

Fucking punks deserve a good helping of police brutality.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 06-13-2019 at 05:50 PM.

My Ride
    ATS, XC90

Originally posted by JustGo
    Scary situation being circled, even if it is by a few younger kids. But that's when it's 'bow chuckin' time... there would be a few less teeth in their heads for sure.

An unfortunately, it's true, they will walk, unless the judge has been circled and beaten up in his life, which is probably very unlikely.

Most judges have no idea what it's like to be a victim... let the bleeding heart prevail.
    There's only so much the judge can do with underagers, especially if it's their first-offence. I just hope the judge throws the maximum penalty available.

Originally posted by JustGo

Multiple assailant/swarming situations are scary as shit, and I can recall a recent one downtown where the idea of shooting our way out was definitely on the table.

That is a nightmare situation for a cop, which is why I deem them to be death/GBH situations - and my level of force reflects that. They are going to remember the butt end of a baton to the sternum, or an LVNR to within an inch of their existence, along with the subsequent stay in hospital far more than the 1 day or $150 fine for a conviction for assault PO, which is usually pleaded down to obstruction.

Funny thing, that justice system of ours... hopefully they lay down the law, but I doubt it will happen. Until then, when I or any of my coworkers is assaulted, bad guy is going with EMS and then off to APU.

P.S. If any of you think this sounds brutal, remember the criminal code says you can use as much force as necessary, and when I use force I make sure every hit counts - that is how I make sure I go home at the end of the day.

My Ride
    Jetta 1.8t

Could not agree with you more.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by phil98z24

P.S. If any of you think this sounds brutal, remember the criminal code says you can use as much force as necessary, and when I use force I make sure every hit counts - that is how I make sure I go home at the end of the day.
    I'd much rather someone like you living to see another day than the type of people who would actually swarm a cop.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    4 doors, 4 cylinders

Multiple assailant/swarming situations are scary as shit, and I can recall a recent one downtown where the idea of shooting our way out was definitely on the table.

That is a nightmare situation for a cop, which is why I deem them to be death/GBH situations - and my level of force reflects that. They are going to remember the butt end of a baton to the sternum, or an LVNR to within an inch of their existence, along with the subsequent stay in hospital far more than the 1 day or $150 fine for a conviction for assault PO, which is usually pleaded down to obstruction.

Funny thing, that justice system of ours... hopefully they lay down the law, but I doubt it will happen. Until then, when I or any of my coworkers is assaulted, bad guy is going with EMS and then off to APU.

Fortunately, I haven't been in that situation yet... came pretty close a month ago, but managed to keep my back to the wall with about 3 guys and back-up got there fairly quickly... but I agree, anyone who tries that will end up needing medical attention, if I'm going down, I'm taking at LEAST 2 of them with me. Gotta keep our ratios up! hahaha
    Just because it happened to you, doesn't make it interesting.

I've told a story on here a few times before, so I won't again in full... But it basically boils down to cops coming into a house uninvited, and asked to leave, they didn't leave and became aggressive against the 2 home owners and a fight broke out, (2 brothers known for scrapping vs 2 cops) They put up a good fight, and one officer actually lost their gun, so they ran off for back up. I, along with a room of others watched the whole thing, and would side on the home owners side on that one, just in the way it came about. And just knowing some of the other people at that party they are lucky more people didn't jump in and it stayed 2 on 2.

My Ride
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

This is a situation where cops should be able to use as much force as they want. Scary ass situation for sure.

What pisses me off is if the 2 cops in that story whipped out their batons and started whooping ass, some bleeding heart pansy shit parent is going to call police brutality and try to press charges. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

My Ride
    ATS, XC90

Originally posted by psycoticclown

This is a situation where cops should be able to use as much force as they want. Scary ass situation for sure.

What pisses me off is if the 2 cops in that story whipped out their batons and started whooping ass, some bleeding heart pansy shit parent is going to call police brutality and try to press charges. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    I was thinking the same thing. If the cops had been standing with 6 injured kids on the ground, the press would've had a field day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast