Quantcast
Official Short-term Investments Thread - Page 1153 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1153 of 1781 FirstFirst ... 1143 1152 1153 1154 1163 ... LastLast
Results 23,041 to 23,060 of 35618

Thread: Official Short-term Investments Thread

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by CMW403

I really appreciate the in-depth analysis, I'm learning a lot from your posts and your blog.

Thanks. I'm trying to get more into trading again after a year of being too busy to do the necessary research and analysis. I always kept a journal of my charts / trades / logic etc. and figured I may as well start putting it online not only to track for myself, but share with others. Plus, a successful track-record should help support my opinions in the future.

I'm going to try and put up a quick post on CNQ later today. I've been watching it for a while, and these problems at Horizon have given it the hit I figure it needed for me to start accumulating a position.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Interesting release this morning:

WestJetters vote 91 per cent in favour of regional airline

Airline moves to aircraft selection as next step

CALGARY, Feb. 8, 2012 /CNW/ - WestJet today announced its employees have voted overwhelmingly - 91 per cent - in favour of the launch of a regional airline as a wholly owned subsidiary of WestJet.

"The opportunity presented to WestJetters has been very well received and I thank them for their input and consideration in this important matter," said Gregg Saretsky, WestJet President and CEO. "Clearly, WestJetters have recognized and embraced that the service we have provided for 16 years is in demand in even more communities across Canada. Bringing WestJet to these communities will benefit Canadians while providing increased shareholder value. We now look forward to planning the launch of this new airline as early as 2013."

"There are not many organizations that would put such a strategic decision in front of the employees for their input and approval," commented Antonio Faiola, WestJet Flight Attendant, Board Member and Chair of PACT, WestJet's employee association. "I am proud to work for a company that puts such tremendous importance on culture and the relationship with WestJetters."

With approval from the Board of Directors to proceed with implementation of a low-cost regional airline, WestJet will move to the next stage of planning by sending requests for proposals to two aircraft manufacturers: Bombardier for the Q400 NextGen and ATR for the ATR 72-600.

Caution regarding forward-looking statements
    Certain information set forth in this news release, including information regarding the launch of a short-haul regional airline including timing for launching the airline and fleet type, our process for planning the launch of a short-haul regional airline, the goals relating to implementation of a short-haul regional airline and profitability thereof, the benefits to certain stakeholders from implementing a short-haul regional airline, and our strategy, contain forward-looking statements. By their nature, forward-looking statements are subject to numerous risks and uncertainties, some of which are beyond WestJet's control. These forward-looking statements are based on our current strategic plan, our analysis of the requirements for a short-haul regional airline including fleet type and size and network design, our experience in creating and growing a low-cost domestic airline, and currently available implementation plans, but may vary due to factors including, but not limited to, general economic conditions, the competitive environment for a short-haul regional airline, information obtained through stakeholder consultations, regulatory requirements, aircraft manufacturer information including aircraft supply proposals, and other factors and risks described in WestJet's public reports and filings. WestJet's public reports and filings are available on WestJet's profile at www.sedar.com. Readers are cautioned that undue reliance should not be placed on forward-looking statements as actual results may vary materially from the forward-looking statements. WestJet does not undertake to update, correct or revise any forward-looking statements as a result of any new information, future events or otherwise, except as may be required by applicable law.

About WestJet
    WestJet is Canada's favourite airline, offering scheduled service throughout its 76-city North American and Caribbean network. Inducted into Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures Hall of Fame and named one of Canada's best employers, WestJet pioneered low-cost flying in Canada. WestJet offers increased legroom and leather seats on its modern fleet of 97 Boeing Next-Generation 737 aircraft. With future confirmed deliveries for an additional 38 aircraft through 2018, WestJet strives to be one of the five most successful international airlines in the world.

Connect with WestJet on Facebook at www.facebook.com/westjet
    Follow WestJet on Twitter at www.twitter.com/westjet
    Subscribe to WestJet on YouTube at www.youtube.com/westjet

For further information:

Media contact
    Robert Palmer, Media Relations
    Telephone: 1-888-WJ 4 NEWS (1-888-954-6397)
    Email: [email protected].
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

I'd recommend you just stay the fuck away from investing in Airlines!!! Risky business....

http://buylikebuffett.com/buy-stocks...irline-stocks/
    Last edited by davidI; 02-08-2012 at 11:18 AM.

anyone in or knows anything about BNP?
    cant find a whole lot on them, but at 6% dividend!

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-08-2019 at 05:38 PM.

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

FAP has a higher dividend that pays monthly, super stable stock as well
    Interesting, I am going to look into this company. Do you hold a position?

My Ride
    G6

Originally posted by Akumaz
    anyone in or knows anything about BNP?
    cant find a whole lot on them, but at 6% dividend!
    Looks like:
    62% gas - bad
    netbacks at $23.18/boe - bad but expected for gas
    $60,000/flowing boe - alright
    2:1 debt to cash flow ratio - alright

Dividend looks sustainable. Better than most natural gas based stocks I've seen. It also adopted a DRIP (drividend re-investment plan) which some people like, but I personally think is just annoyingly dilutive. Overall... looks like a solid company just struggling with a high gas weighting. I think you can find better stuff out there though.

It'll prolly do OK, but I am bearish on gas and hate DRIP programs, so not for me. Better stuff out there IMO.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-08-2019 at 05:39 PM.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

These high dividend stocks are super popular at the moment since people are so defensive. I think they are possibly a great investment if you can get in at the right price, but be ready to sell as soon as there is a hint that interest rates / fixed income investments will go up or you'll probably take a pretty nasty capital loss.

Look at companies like Enbridge and Crescent Point and though they're amazing companies, they're over-priced for what they are as people are using them as a defensive play. Same reason on market down days they seem to go up!

Originally posted by in*10*se

DTX.TO
    WCP.TO
    TOL.V
    STO.TO
    how is STO.TO doing today?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

How is LSG.TO doing today
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    E.L

how is hnu/ hnd todaY!

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Picked up some TLM at $12.48 as that's it's 50 day M/A and I think we may get a small pop. Don't like the company for long-term, but thinking there may be a jump this week. I'll likely ditch most of my position before Feb. 15th earnings though.

Picked up CNQ yesterday at $38 as well. My justification is here: http://tsxtrader.com/the-daily-trade...urces-limited/

The SC spread is already narrowing so even though Horizon is down at the moment, I think it will support CNQ's price as soon as their production is back on while Syncrude is still down.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-08-2019 at 05:41 PM.

My Ride
    ////M

Originally posted by davidI

Picked up CNQ yesterday at $38 as well. My justification is here: http://tsxtrader.com/the-daily-trade...urces-limited/

The SC spread is already narrowing so even though Horizon is down at the moment, I think it will support CNQ's price as soon as their production is back on while Syncrude is still down.
    I think CNQ is a good call - I picked up a chunk yesterday as well.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    Stupid Indigo

News Yesterday: Beats forecasted Earnings!
    Stock Yesterday and Today: Tanks over 3%

Bloody stock market sometimes

Oh well, I will be holding it until Feb 24 so I can get my 11 cent dividend
    Sometimes it goes beyond the numbers.

Net profit from continuing operations for the quarter was $23.7 million compared with a net profit from continuing operations of $27 million last year. The company said that was a result of increased promotional discounts to drive print sales and increased sales of low margin e-readers.

Indigo said the sale of Toronto-based e-reader maker Kobo Inc. to Japan's Rakuten Inc. for US$315 million recently closed. The acquisition by the Tokyo-based e-commerce company provides it with an opportunity to expand its footprint into new and expanding markets.

The company also said that Ted Marlow has stepped down from his role as president and is returning to the United States.

So basically, print sales are done, they've closed their sale of Kobo (probably priced in, but tied with increased sales of low margin e-readers could hurt overall prospects), their president has resigned, and Amazon has announced they're opening brick & mortar stores. Oh, and even though estimates were low, their q3 profit is still down. Lots of reasons for the price to go down despite beating expectations.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Any opinions Bowood Energy? I'm liking the AB Fairway play and these guys seem to have good land holds.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by msommers
    Any opinions Bowood Energy? I'm liking the AB Fairway play and these guys seem to have good land holds.
    I golfed with their president a couple years back at a Landman function. Seems like an interesting play, but I really haven't heard much about the Exshaw being the next 'big thing'. These guys are still really small...if they're able to prove it up it could be huge, but I'd call that a big IF. To me, this is a play the bigger boys would be interested in more if was really prospective, but I haven't done much recent research on it so perhaps I'm missing something.

Their chart isn't great either.

I'll do more research if / when I have a chance. Headed to Belgium for some delicious beers tomorrow.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Enjoy! Stop in Delerium in Brussels and grab a fresh Delerium Tremens
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Originally posted by msommers
    Enjoy! Stop in Delerium in Brussels and grab a fresh Delerium Tremens
    YES. That was my absolute favorite part of brussels.

Page 1153 of 1781 FirstFirst ... 1143 1152 1153 1154 1163 ... LastLast