Quantcast
Official Short-term Investments Thread - Page 1582 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1582 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1572 1581 1582 1583 1592 ... LastLast
Results 31,621 to 31,640 of 35560

Thread: Official Short-term Investments Thread

My Ride
    a tank

oil

moment of truth is here for oil. expecting this is an ABC correction. was hoping oil would not break 44 but it did, it will need to show its hand today and unless it can breakout above the heavy resistance area of 45, the implication could be bearish making oil simply just backtesting the previous broken up channel line then oil will most likely retest the 42 area, and may even break it and head to the next buy zone between 39-40

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

gdx

ever since gdx broke 22, was pretty bearish. but depending on what it does here, miners could very well in a very large 5 pt ABCDE consolidation. with price now trying to complete wave E. with the short term breakout yesterday, price has perfectly backtested the neckline. if the 5 wave down move is completed. buying needs to pick up here and start making higher highs

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

update on the stocks i'm in/following.

TV.tsx: Insider trading towards the end of last week hurt the momentum of the stock and it stagnated and fell after only seeing maybe a 3% gain.. after i figured it would go another 5% last week. We saw it dip back to 1.22 for a millisecond this week as well. However, zinc prices remained high and are back on the rise and TV hit a new short term high today of 1.32 hitting the price I thought it would last week before the insider sell off (dunno why there was a sell off, but i figure it was people exercising options or something that doesn't really matter, not a sign they are bailing on the stock).

Supply is still going down, zinc is still going up, but its no longer at the point I want to buy more as as far as I'm concerned it is no longer a no brainer purchase at current prices. I'm holding what I have for now as there is a chance it will hover around this price for summer, and then start to go up in the fall. I also think there is a chance of a zinc correction making this stock fall in to the low 1.20s or even teens, making it a perfect re-entry point. I think if that is going to happen it is going to be before sept. I'm watching zinc prices pretty closely all day waiting for that to happen to liquidate my shares. If I pull out at a good price and it dips to the teens again I'm likely going to go in pretty heavy on this stock.

marajuana I have a feeling is going to fall shortly. I haven't double checked but we are due for some reports soon, and i think they aren't going to be very good, and we'll likely see the stock prices take a hit, making that potentially a good time to enter. I've pretty much written off WEED as a company I want to own. APH is who I like the best, and ACB is an acceptable runner up IMO.
    Last edited by zhao; 07-11-2017 at 10:21 PM.

My Ride
    a tank

oil

so oil was able to break above 45 which means the ABC correction so far is holding up very well.. with this breakout, oil should now begin a new cycle eventually breaking above 47.28, it is currently getting held back by the reverse 61% fib level of the 47-43 down move which is bear's last major resistance area before they throw in the towel. if oil can take out 45.89, more oil shorts will cover causing further upside.

so far it looks like we only have 3 waves up. so until oil can break above 45.89, the major support is oil needs to stay above 44.83 to maintain this outlook

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

gold

as I was suspecting the daily reversal hammer is bullish for gold, at least for the short term anyways. price manage to not make new lows and a inverted h&s pattern suggest price will at least test 1228. with price having to overlap the previous wave (i) this morning, I suspect we are in a 1-2, 1-2 setup so support imo is 1212.51, as long as we remain above this, gold should continue to be strong imo

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

copper

copper is readying for another attempt to break above 2.7, I hope it does, breaking above 2.7 would invalidate a bearish case and would open up new highs and I think fcx would greatly benefit from this hence having a shot at revisiting the high 13s
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

mux.to

came across another mining stock from another forum. From the sharing, I was told this stock has one of the cleanest count showing the move off the low in 2016 is in fact impulsive which confirms a new bull market era has begun. the current correction is now in wave (c) being underway. and if this is a A=C move, down side scenario would be some where in the 2.8-2.9 area which happens to be the 61% retracement. I will be planning to build a position over the coming weeks/months starting with the next dip. the next rally which will be the one you want to partake in, will no doubt take price way above 6.50. a typical wave (3) would normally move more than wave (1) which would give a target of at least 12 dollars, and this is just being conservative.

Last edited by SilverRex; 07-12-2017 at 10:19 AM.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

Good tip on MUX, I will check it out.

Anyone have thoughts on DVA? I'm thinking about investing but if I am reading the cash flow statement right they only have about 3 quarters before they burn all of their cash. Let me know your thoughts guys.

http://www.delivracorp.com/wp-conten...2017-Final.pdf
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    Lariat

Do you plan on buying MUX under 3? Where is your buy price at?
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    a tank

Quote Originally Posted by asp integra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you plan on buying MUX under 3? Where is your buy price at?
    I opened 1 position at 3.38 today, and will use a 3 position strategy with the next one near 3.00 and last position if we see 2.8
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

i was pretty wrong about APH/ACB, at least in the short term. APH went apeshit today for a 14% spike. I figured they'd be due to go down on boring progress reports.

anyway, TV also spiked heavily today due to major volume trading. Its risky, but I sold everything today near the end of the day (probably should have only sold half, but i dont like doing that) because I think it was overbought and went up too much too fast and we might see a small correction in the next day or 2. I also think any stagnation or downturn in zinc prices that is prolonged in the short term and the speculators will probably start selling causing it to start heading downward. Ideally I hope it drops to the mid 1.25s and if so I'm going back in, and even harder than before.

If tv leaves me in the dust, i'm considering day trading painted pony with the money from TV. Painted pony is one of those stocks that has been fluctuating a fair bit daily, almost like clockwork, making it pretty tempting to daytrade.

My Ride
    a tank

gdx

right now gdx.only has 3 waves up and has overlapped the previous wave 1. unless this is a 1-2, 1-2, gdx.must bottom here at 21.56 otherwise we could be looking at this being just another corrective bounce follow by retest of recent lows or new lows. get back above 22 and the excitement.mounts once again

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

oil

so far oil still 3 waves up also imo and remains bullish imo as it hasnt taken out the 44.83 support area. the next breakout over the neckline (red) would be Ro4, would like to see price breakout complete the 5th wave then a 3 wave correction backtesting the breakout neckline before a more powerful rally

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    Lariat

I jumped on the MUX bandwagon with you at 3.30, lookin forward to seeing where it goes. What have you set your sell price at?
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    a tank

Quote Originally Posted by asp integra View Post
    I jumped on the MUX bandwagon with you at 3.30, lookin forward to seeing where it goes. What have you set your sell price at?

my stop or target price. right now I dont set any given it is relatively small comparing to my over all portfolio. This will be one that I will hold for MT to LT
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

I'm going to go back in to TV.tsx monday or tuesday most likely regardless of what happens. The stock price has stagnated a bit, zinc prices have fallen just over 4 cents from TV's high, and volume was pretty low today, so I think since today was friday it was a wait and see day for many. Monday/tuesday depending how many speculators are in the stock right now (traditionally pretty heavy) the stock is either going to fall and I will re-enter, or it's going to likely hold it's price meaning the speculators are not afraid of it stagnating and zinc prices falling (every time that has happened before in the last few months the stock has fallen).

There are basically two camps on what this stock is going to do. 1) Go down to 1.25-1.30 briefly and then go up. 2) Stay the same and then go up.

I also freed up some more cash to go in harder when I do re-enter. the zinc drawdown is basically picking up as well, which is why I think this may be the last fluctuation of this stock to re-enter before it makes another big upward motion. Basically following stockpiles shit has started to hit the fan a bit, and it may go nuts soon.

Name:  lme-warehouse-zinc-5y-Large.gif
Views: 255
Size:  17.8 KB

My Ride
    a tank

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRex View Post
    copper

copper is readying for another attempt to break above 2.7, I hope it does, breaking above 2.7 would invalidate a bearish case and would open up new highs and I think fcx would greatly benefit from this hence having a shot at revisiting the high 13s
    so copper confirmed breakout above 2.7 and fcx has also making some strong moves. might take some profit off the table if gfx gets into the high 13s
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

oil

so the breakout over the neckline and completed wave 5 follow by a backtest of the line is moving along right on schedule. based on the ih&s at play here oil should be able to reach into the 48s.

but if the correction isnt done and oil struggles to make a new high, then breaking under 46.2 would keep oil in another abc move perhaps testing the neckline once more.

the same 44.83 is the larger support to which if broken should tell us we are still in some sort of larger abc flat heading back to 43s.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

miners breakout

a bullish implication across most miners. if price continues on up I would imagine this will draw some attention.

I would also like to see the gdx to gld ratio breakout from the multi month long compression.

for silver, I once mention anything under 16 would be a screaming buy, after the panic sell off last week, has the best opportunity to pickup silver on the low came and gone? we are at an inflection point where if the trend for this sector is down or remains down, price has to top here. the further it advances from here, the more significance of a major moves on the horizon.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    4Runner

Anyone got in at EFN this morning? Got a good small profit from it today! Never seen a Penny stock continually go rise up like that

Page 1582 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1572 1581 1582 1583 1592 ... LastLast