Quantcast
Official Short-term Investments Thread - Page 67 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 67 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 57 66 67 68 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 35560

Thread: Official Short-term Investments Thread

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

wow, talk about hitting the jackpot. Good on ya.

So, anyone have any long term hold picks that are cheap right now and will be big later?

PLE is so volatile...

My Ride
    T MR2

^^
    i'm looking for a new stock to get into also..

Currently have 10,000 in IDWD ... Waiting on HLS/DIVY/IPO..
    BIG PAYOUT =) hopefully...

Let's hope the next news release for PLE will drive the price way up. I'd be happy if it arrived into the sixties in the next two weeks. That'd be nice.

It just better not drop like a stone or I'll be gagged.

My Ride
    MB C63

ple is building up steam again...hopefully some good news who knows

benyl i have a long term pick thats a penny stock right now but im expecting big things.
    its a uranium stock called purepoint...mentioned it several times...i owe moeman some information on it still so i can send it your way as well when i get a chance...but check it out...on the cheap side right now if you can live through the ups and downs right now i think in a year or two youll be laughing.

Pm me with info on purepoint as well please

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Originally posted by Z_Fan
    I hope you kept some of it.

I just have a feeling it's gonna go up and up...

I was gonna dump 20000 shares today, but changed my mind. I'm gonna hang on to all of my shares, cross my fingers, and think of the shiny new shit I'll be able to buy. Dream dream dream.

When I say "Plasma", you say "How Big!?"

Dream dream dream...
    I will buy in again if it goes back to .40, which i see happening.

Good plan. I did that once with PLE already too. LOL. So, I can't blame you!! Always a good plan if you can sneak one of those in...

My Ride
    MB C63

im hanging onto the 10k of ple i own...if it goes up i know ill be kicking myself if i sell it now.
    if it goes down ill think of it as a correction for the next leg up.

another thing to notice is how great of a day it had considering how the rest of the market did.

Originally posted by natejj

I will buy in again if it goes back to .40, which i see happening.
    It looks like it will be there any minute!

So, best get ready to buy!

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by djayz
    ple is building up steam again...hopefully some good news who knows

benyl i have a long term pick thats a penny stock right now but im expecting big things.
    its a uranium stock called purepoint...mentioned it several times...i owe moeman some information on it still so i can send it your way as well when i get a chance...but check it out...on the cheap side right now if you can live through the ups and downs right now i think in a year or two youll be laughing.
    I hold purepoint already. I only have a couple thousand shares... I have Denison mines as well. The Price of PTU is back to where I bought, I will probably buy some more.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by Z_Fan

It looks like it will be there any minute!

So, best get ready to buy!
    Dammit, I have to average down. I bought some at 46 yesterday. haha, gambling at it's best.

My Ride
    MB C63

yah just when i run out of money purepoint decides to dip down
    thats the only thing i needed to complete for my long term holdings and ive got -3.88 for balance
    damn it!

stupid uts whats the deal is anybody gonna buy this thing out or is it just gonna sit on $7 like a fat chicken and hope they get to drill some oil.

im pissed...all the stocks i put good money into have given me all negative returns and everything i put money into thinking id sell off the next day has given me great medium term returns

uts is a downer
    cant even sell cuz its lower than what i got it for arghhh

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

UTS has Useless Tit Syndrome. They don't really do anything but hold the land rights for a big part of the oils sands.

Teck Cominco will do the blasting and the mining. Petro Canada will do the extraction and refining. UTS just collects money.

My Ride
    MB C63

^
    totally true
    but the stock price should atleast reflect some of the money collected

i say turn it into a trust and pay us dividends! hah

Originally posted by Altezza
    Roopi, you are correct, this company pays out more than it earns thru operations. The Q1 payout ratio is 102% and is stated right in the financials. The BoD admits this may not be sustainable and that a distribution cut will be considered during their next meeting.
    While this might be true. They seem to be pretty confident in their report.

http://trilogyenergy.com/client/news/77/78/q1_2006_financial_operating_results.pdf

Outlook

The winter of 2005/2006 was one of the warmest on record which reduced natural gas demand in North America. This
    reduced natural gas demand has resulted in very high gas storage levels and downward pressure on natural gas pricing.
    During the first quarter of 2006, the realized natural gas price decreased 24 percent and prices are not anticipated to return to
    previous levels until at least November 2006. In light of this reduced gas price environment, Trilogy’s current payout ratio
    may be unsustainable and will be reviewed by the Board of Directors at its next meeting.

We expect that our average daily production for the balance of the year, including the Redsky assets, will be approximately
    27,000 Boe/d and the large prospect inventory of Trilogy and Redsky will provide for the replacement of production declines
    and produced reserves. Successful production replacement, prudent asset management, strong commodity prices and
    continued control of operations will help support our distribution. Acquisitions will continue to be evaluated for their
    strategic fit with Trilogy’s business model and will be pursued when they are accretive to Unitholders. We are confident in
    our strategy, our high quality assets and the proven expertise of our employees; Trilogy will continue to be a rewarding
    investment for our Unitholders.

What do you guys think about the Canadian Oil Sands Trust (COS.UN) split? 5 to 1!

Trust News Releases

Canadian Oil Sands’ Unitholders approve 5:1 Unit split

Calgary, April 26, 2006 (TSX – COS.UN) — Canadian Oil Sands Trust (the “Trust” or “Canadian Oil Sands”) announced that Unitholders of the Trust yesterday approved the five-for-one Unit split. Unitholders of record on May 3, 2006 will receive four additional Units for each Unit held on that date. Pursuant to the rules of the Toronto Stock Exchange, Units will commence trading on a post-split basis on May 1, 2006.

Unitholders of record on May 8, 2006 are entitled to a distribution of $0.30 per Unit, payable on May 31, 2006, based on the five-for-one Unit split. This distribution amount is equivalent to $1.50 per Unit on a pre-split basis. Canadian Oil Sands’ Board of Directors yesterday approved an increase in the quarterly distribution from its previous level of $1.00 per Unit pre-split.

Further information on the Unit split is available on our website at www.cos-trust.com under FAQs, or in the Trust’s Management Proxy Circular dated March 10, 2006.

Canadian Oil Sands Trust is an open-ended investment trust that generates income from its indirect 35.49 per cent working interest in the Syncrude Joint Venture. As at April 25, 2006, the Trust had approximately 92.8 million units outstanding, which trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol COS.UN. The Trust is managed by Canadian Oil Sands Limited.

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Heres a question for ya guys. Lets say i have 1500 in my bank account. yesterday i sold 1500 worth of stock, and told them to put that money into my bank account. So right now i have 1500 in my bank, and 1500 in transition.

If i bought 3k worth of stock, and told them to take the money from my bank account, would i get in trouble, due to the money not being there? I know they dont actually take the money out for a few days, but what if the 1500 going into my bank account doesnt get there before the order goes through?

LOL if you understand, can you help?

Originally posted by natejj
    Heres a question for ya guys. Lets say i have 1500 in my bank account. yesterday i sold 1500 worth of stock, and told them to put that money into my bank account. So right now i have 1500 in my bank, and 1500 in transition.

If i bought 3k worth of stock, and told them to take the money from my bank account, would i get in trouble, due to the money not being there? I know they dont actually take the money out for a few days, but what if the 1500 going into my bank account doesnt get there before the order goes through?

LOL if you understand, can you help?
    I understand.

And no, you wouldn't get in trouble. I have done that before. Since the "sell" money will be in your account one day before the "buy" money exits it. Even in instances where this can happen on the very same day, the "sell" money is always deposited into my account before the "buy" money exits. (Though it is at the very same time, I think they do this to prevent overdrawing accounts...)

I have stopped doing this though. I just use the cash account for the trading and don't get my "bank" account involved. It's just too much crap to track.

I have done this a lot...and it always seems to be just fine. As long as you will have enough to cover the "buy" on the day it is to be processed.
    Last edited by Z_Fan; 05-12-2006 at 09:56 AM.

My Ride
    MB C63

my cash trading account is always in the negative for cash balance
    as long as i fill the negative balance within a week or so they dont care...when it goes over a week they send a letter saying they will sell my securities to cover the cost by a certain date if i havent done so already.

Who is brokers on here??????????
    seadootrip.com

Page 67 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 57 66 67 68 77 ... LastLast