Quantcast
Remote Start Transmitter Interfering with Factory Transmitter?! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Remote Start Transmitter Interfering with Factory Transmitter?!

Default Remote Start Transmitter Interfering with Factory Transmitter?!

Ok so I put in a ProStart car starter about 2 weeks ago into my 98 Dakota Sport.
    The truck has the factory Security system and keyless entry door locks.
    I didnt wire the door locks through the Remote Starter unit because I didnt have the time, nor did I wire in the factory alarm disable to the RSU.
    (Basically just means that I have to have two transmitters for the time being and that I have to remotely unlock my doors with the factory remote (also disarms the factory security) before starting the truck with the remote starter)....

Now ever since this I have noticed BIG issues with my factory transmitter. 75% of the time my door lock/unlock wont work from the factory transmitter at all, and my range when the factory keyless entry does work is shit poor.

I put in two fresh batteries into my receiver yesterday and this didnt correct the problem. Any theories?!?

My Ride
    350Z

You put the after market antenna to close to the factory antenna, keep those as far apart as possible, that is a very common problem, why don't you just hook up everything to the one remote, and then you wont have to worry if the range on your factory remote sucks.

-Jeff

Originally posted by 12V
    You put the after market antenna to close to the factory antenna, keep those as far apart as possible, that is a very common problem, why don't you just hook up everything to the one remote, and then you wont have to worry if the range on your factory remote sucks.

-Jeff
    I am getting around to it.
    I just read that a Esso Speedpass could also be causing this problem? .... hmmmmm...