Quantcast
Mount Royal University - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8

Thread: Mount Royal University

Originally posted by hattonlynch

That's why I'm going to U of C because I want to finish my schooling at a reputable school.
    Originally posted by hattonlynch

I also lol at the fact that many of these haskayne students think it's fuckin harvard. Everything I've read pertaining to best uni's/business schools in Canada NEVER mention Haskayne. Not once. Haskayne is good for networking though.

It's all good, that's why I'm finishing my last 2 years in U of T or Western
    Just keep digging!

My Ride
    2018 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 3

Originally posted by 2Valve0

P.S. I heard its not even a real university yet, someone might have mentioned it in this thread but is even recognized so you can get a masters at another university yet?

i go to mrc...
    and my program will get me into a number of mba progams across canada,
    so maybe you should qft because you clearly have no idea what your talking about..

like i said earlier who the fuck cares...

what difference does it make???
    please explain it to me?
    are all u of c grads going to make more money then sait and mrc students??
    is that what it comes down to?

i will wait for your responses
    These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Well, I see that this thread totally went into a different tangent...

Two universities in Calgary is a pretty sweet accomplishment and competition will benefit both universities for the better.

- UofC will now have to try harder to attract people and keep current students interested; that means better teaching, better atmosphere (renovations, anyone?) and an influx of students who chose to go there (Monopoly no more!)

- MRU will now have to work hard to be a reputable choice as a post-secondary institution which means, campus expansion, a dedicated LRT line (YES!) and an influx of students who chose to go there (YES x2)

I for one, congratulate MRU for this accomplishment and like I said before, only time will tell.

To sum it up...

STOP FLAMING. It's getting annoying.

Originally posted by flipstah

Two universities in Calgary is a pretty sweet accomplishment and competition will benefit both universities for the better.

- UofC will now have to try harder to attract people and keep current students interested; that means better teaching, better atmosphere (renovations, anyone?) and an influx of students who chose to go there (Monopoly no more!)

- MRU will now have to work hard to be a reputable choice as a post-secondary institution which means, campus expansion, a dedicated LRT line (YES!) and an influx of students who chose to go there (YES x2)

I for one, congratulate MRU for this accomplishment and like I said before, only time will tell.

To sum it up...

This * inf.

thread's turning retarded.

no one is debating that mru is BETTER then u of c. you've got to be an idiot to think that, considering the amount of degrees you can obtain at u of c, the non community college atmosphere (lol), the networking, then den, etc.

MRC can become a good university....that I am very much doubted.

Several of my co-workers are from MRC business school, I found their performance and work attitude or even sense of responsibility are below par. Don't think good student will go there

Last edited by Calgary88; 09-27-2009 at 11:17 AM.

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by Calgary88
    MRC can become a good university....that I am very much doubted.

Several of my co-workers are from MRC business school, I found their performance and work attitude or even sense of responsibility are below par. Don't think good student will go there

Your grammar blows, what school did you go to?

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

Originally posted by flipstah

To sum it up...

Well put.

Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Have you even met any undergrads at the U of C? Most of them are pretty fucking retarded, so I'd get off your high horse. Hell, most of the graduates are pretty stupid come to think of it.

Speaking as a computer science student, I also went to both MRC and UofC and the level of education at MRC is by far superior. The problem with the university is many of the instructors there (at least in the sciences) are only there for the research and not for the teaching. And most of the TAs, where about half your marks come from, are only TAing because they're grad students that have to or they're undergrads trying to make a buck because they can't get real jobs in their area. So it's not really too hard to get decent grades with that in mind. I was gonna say it's not hard to get good marks if you show up and breathe, but I remembered I didn't show up for most of my classes

If getting a degree at MRC was an option for me at the time, it would've been a no brainer.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8