Quantcast
Christian group condemns Calgary zoo's elephant sculpture - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian group condemns Calgary zoo's elephant sculpture

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by tirebob

I don't care what religion, political side, or cult people subscribe to... Fanaticism on all levels is scary, christian, muslim or whatever...
    Ah, so there's an even application of this sentiment from you. Refreshing, because it doesn't seem to be the case with many others here.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

I don't care what religion, political side, or cult people subscribe to... Fanaticism on all levels is scary, christian, muslim or whatever...
    Originally posted by CUG
    Ah, so there's an even application of this sentiment from you. Refreshing, because it doesn't seem to be the case with many others here.
    I think the vast majority of people here would agree with this, but also I think most people do not want to engage something they do not fully comprehend such as other peoples religions and beliefs. That is a surefire way to create dissent where none is warranted. I know I feel much more qualified to point out my own faults and issues then I do someone elses...

On a forum such as this where peeps get pounced upon for disagreeing with the loudest person, or because they make a statement that has possible inaccuracies, or they just don't use proper grammer it seems, why would people feel at all encouraged to have an intelligent and comprehensive discussion? Especially in regards to something as personal as religion...

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

I think the vast majority of people here would agree with this, but also I think most people do not want to engage something they do not fully comprehend such as other peoples religions and beliefs. That is a surefire way to create dissent where none is warranted. I know I feel much more qualified to point out my own faults and issues then I do someone elses...

On a forum such as this where peeps get pounced upon for disagreeing with the loudest person, or because they make a statement that has possible inaccuracies, or they just don't use proper grammer it seems, why would people feel at all encouraged to have an intelligent and comprehensive discussion? Especially in regards to something as personal as religion...
    That hardly seems to be the case from where I'm looking, I see a lot of people engaging in religious debates, just as long as it's a predominantly white one, like Christianity, and they do a phenomenal job of trying to make themselves sound intelligent and comprehensive.

Originally posted by CUG
    That hardly seems to be the case from where I'm looking, I see a lot of people engaging in religious debates, just as long as it's a predominantly white one, like Christianity, and they do a phenomenal job of trying to make themselves sound intelligent and comprehensive.
    Well I would guess it is because the majority of people are very moderate in their view points and don't feel the need to rip on others when they know that their own heriatge has issues of its own, and again feel more comfortable chastising themselves.

I, for one, have many discussions with my many Muslim friends who completely are embarrased by the way fanatics in some Muslim based religions behave, yet they never once has complained to me about the behaviour of Christian fanatics, just the same as the many Christian friends I have complain about fanatics from within Christian based religions while they don't chastise Muslims...

I am still a believer in looking within oneself to make the biggest changes in the world...

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Well I would guess it is because the majority of people are very moderate in their view points and don't feel the need to rip on others when they know that their own heriatge has issues of its own, and again feel more comfortable chastising themselves.

I, for one, have many discussions with my many Muslim friends who completely are embarrased by the way fanatics in some Muslim based religions behave, yet they never once has complained to me about the behaviour of Christian fanatics, just the same as the many Christian friends I have complain about fanatics from within Christian based religions while they don't chastise Muslims...

I am still a believer in looking within oneself to make the biggest changes in the world...
    I think if we could all get a good tan, a pedicure and a haircut, the world would be a better place.

Originally posted by CUG
    I think if we could all get a good tan, a pedicure and a haircut, the world would be a better place.
    I am more of the mohawk, full coverage tattoo, and once a week shave kinda guy, but whatever works...

My Ride
    93 integra

hahaha wow...I hate that i was born a christian haha. Oh well...

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

The zoo should throw up some statues of the crucifix..

Next to the lion enclosure!
    Bought not built!

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).

My Ride
    Exploded.

Coming from a Catholic, may I say what a cool statue.

Silly Christian.

My Ride
    GC8 Sti R

This is a joke, and so is religion.

If anything I would day that the statue is a mockery of Ganesh. Like if the zoo put up a statue of Jesus giving thumbs up.

Also if anyone here acually googles an image of Ganesh they will see that this staues is missing the signature 4 arms.

I just think that this group has nothing better to do...

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Originally posted by ekguy
    hahaha wow...I hate that i was born a christian haha. Oh well...
    No one is 'born' Christian, you're born into a Christian family...

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by Datsun-Fever
    This is a joke, and so is religion.
    Even though I sometimes agree with you, this statement reminds me of that one forum where Prius drivers try really hard to come from an intellectual and moral high ground.

My Ride
    ST184

Originally posted by JfuckinC
    No religion = no news about this in the first place = no thread = no stereo types/blanket statements = no conflict................. hmmmmmm....... just saying..

What a simple way of looking at things. Conflict is in human nature, not religion.
    Last edited by st184; 09-27-2009 at 01:58 PM.

My Ride
    Giant Rainier

Remember that episode of "The Simpsons" where Homer dresses up as Ganesh to try to help Apu? Yeah, that was awesome.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

SEXXXXXXXEEEEHHHHHH OOOOOOOHHH

(Excuse any ignorance I may be giving off at this moment)

My Ride
    E550 Coupe (M278)

If Jesus was a gorilla, we'd have no problem putting up a statue of him in the zoo. But he isn't, so fuck off Christians.
    -James
    Current beast: E550 Coupe (M278)
    Previous beasts: AM Vantage, E90 335i (modded + JB4 Map2), E39 M5

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by TorqueDog
    If Jesus was a gorilla, we'd have no problem putting up a statue of him in the zoo. But he isn't, so fuck off Christians.
    You'll tell the muslims to fuck off next time Sohawardy bitches on their behalf too right?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast