Quantcast
Jay-Z Not Welcome in Calgary? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay-Z Not Welcome in Calgary?

My Ride
    MB C63

Default Jay-Z Not Welcome in Calgary?

Jay-Z's concert is now 1 week away and the response looks really weak for a city of our size.

This is probably one of the grestest rappers of all time and for someone of this calibre to come to our crappy city is crazy.

So my question to those who aren't going, or who are left holding the bag with extra tickets, and those who had tickets and backed down....

Why are you or to the bag holders why are your friends not going to this?

I ask because I'm looking through the beyond marketplace and theres atleast 20 threads, I then head over to stubhub and theres 84 listings right now with a total of 212 tickets for sale which to me seems like alot.
    That and the fact that people are selling well below face value and still not selling.
    Last edited by djayz; 10-06-2009 at 08:08 PM.

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

Are you sure its not just people who bought tickets with the intent of making money, and then it never quite worked out?
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

I bought second level tickets on presale assuming a sellout. I then got floor tickets, and now have 2 sets of tickets. I am probably going to have to sell my floor seats to not end up with 2 pairs but at this point no one seems to interested.
    Built not Bought.
    Originally posted by mitsumirage
    the civic will always be just a basic car , poor people will always buy them , its sad but its true

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Hip Hop concerts never seem to do very well here. Face it, Calgary doesn't even have a hip hop radio station.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

i would love to see jay-z, im a huge fan. But my choice of not seeing him seems to be closely tied with the 160$/tckt cost. those are 89coupe price tickets
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

My Ride
    MB C63

Originally posted by dino_martini
    Are you sure its not just people who bought tickets with the intent of making money, and then it never quite worked out?
    While this is true, I've noticed alot of people on beyond saying that they are selling tickets where friends backed out.

It was my original intent to cover the cost of my own ticket by selling off the extra's that I bought as it has worked in the past before, however I also bought tickets for friends who have back out for no apparent reason.

So I would say it's a little bit of both but for someone this big to come to Calgary and not have a sellout show boggles my mind. I know it's a city of rednecks but Jay-Z is the equivalent of the biggest country singer out there right now.

My Ride
    MB C63

Originally posted by chkolny541
    i would love to see jay-z, im a huge fan. But my choice of not seeing him seems to be closely tied with the 160$/tckt cost. those are 89coupe price tickets
    What would you say is more reasonable price?
    I do agree with you but if you're a fan you're a fan and to see him live in our city is a once in a lifetime thing so price shouldn't sway you're decision too much unless you go to 2-3 concerts a month.

Depends on where you are looking to sit...I have some extra seats in 223 (because friends backed out)...they are $225 for the pair...so less than the $160/ticket, but at the same time like djayz said unless you see tons of concerts, its worth it to see him live the one time.

I don't know either why the show hasn't sold out, I really thought it would so I bought tickets for my friends because they weren't able to the first day they went on sale...now unfortunately they backed out and I'm stuck with extra tickets.
    Originally posted by xLostx
    I like getting random texts, some guy kept texting me calling me his girl and baby, i told him that i have aids and he should get tested. he no longer texts me
    Originally posted by dimi

I'm a grammar paramedic, unlike those assholes from the grammar police.

My Ride
    is Invisible

Originally posted by djayz

So I would say it's a little bit of both but for someone this big to come to Calgary and not have a sellout show boggles my mind. I know it's a city of rednecks but Jay-Z is the equivalent of the biggest country singer out there right now.
    Thats quite frankly your own opinion.

I love rap/hip hop, its my favorite genre.

I dont like Jay Z, some might put him at the top of the list of best rappers but to me he aint that good. Personal opinion, if you dont agree with it thats okay.

I can name 5 other rappers id like to see way before id even consider paying 200 bux for a Jay Z ticket.

I havent been to many concerts, actually only a few that were held at bars but thats not even a concert, we will call it an appearance. They have been really shitty, got into all of them for free and could only imagine paying 40-50 bux to see em perform. Paying 200 bux a ticket is too much.

My Ride
    AP1 / CRV

recession. people lose jobs last thing on their mind is going to see Jay-Z

My Ride
    2001 Chevy Silverado

If this were going to be at the Whiskey, or maybe even the Jube, and tickets were reasonably priced, say 75-100 bucks, I'd definitely think about it.

That said, Jay-Z filling the Dome is a losing proposition, especially at the retarded prices they cost.

100+ for 2nd level at the dome for this show is silly.

I think shows of this nature are much better suited to more intimate venues.

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

As far as I know it's sold out here in Kelowna.

Tickets here were $100 or $50 and even the $50 tickets are pretty damn close to the stage. I got the $100 tickets

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Originally posted by Ajay
    As far as I know it's sold out here in Kelowna.

Tickets here were $100 or $50 and even the $50 tickets are pretty damn close to the stage. I got the $100 tickets
    nah, there is still lots of tickets available.. but i'm still stoked for it!
    Originally posted by Melinda

You certainly are not a very nice person though.

My Ride
    Blue boy

~10 people on my facebook are selling tickets

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

I was gonna go, but I didn't realize it was on a weekday, so...

Miss two days of pay
    Pay 400 to fly to Calgary for two days
    Pay a couple hundred for floor seats
    I've never gone out and spent less than 500, so it's gonna be crazy expensive that night.

He's good... but not that good.

My Ride
    SlowBalt

jayz is weak bring someone better and it will sell out

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

it could also be that so many hip hop artists have had to cancel shows in canada that people just don't want to chance it.

just throwing out another possibility
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    C3P0

Way to expesive. As it was said, if it were at Whiskey and cheaper I'd be all for but but as it stands there's no way I'm paying that for a show.
    d(-_-)b

If he came in the Blueprint-Black Album era I would have been all over this concert. The fact is his last 3 CD's pale in comparison to his earlier albums. He should have stayed retired imo and went out with a bang with the Black Album which is a classic to me...

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by dino_martini
    I had some many people told me they bought tickets with the intent of selling them and I had such a HUGE facepalm because I had a feeling it wasn't going to work out and I was also pissed at the high ticket price already.

Again, yeah, $160?! Kanye was $80 and there was Lupe, Rihanna, N.E.R.D., and even saw Chris Brown.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast