Quantcast
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield: Bad Company 2

My Ride
    S14|TB1

heads up, some keys are avail right now as of 10:44am!

They have been up since yesterday, I guess they have a lot more now. Too bad none of the keys work yet, I read PSN updates at 6PM EST?

My Ride
    is an Experience.

Originally posted by DJ Lazy
    Between this and COD, I'm for sure gonna get this...
    So how you liking Modern Warefare 2?

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by beecue
    They have been up since yesterday, I guess they have a lot more now. Too bad none of the keys work yet, I read PSN updates at 6PM EST?
    i've been clicking that stupid link every 2 hours for 2 days and it always said depleted, just finally this morning it went to a different page with sign up.

Between this and COD, I'm for sure gonna get this... I love the BF franchise ever since BF1942..... I have been playing BF2142 lately... never did get BC1... wasn't gaming at that time I guess.. lol
    You know, I'm enjoying CoD but it's WAAAAAY too arcadey... it doesnt feel like world at war did. World at war, while yes was a run and gun game, was more tactical. Bigger areas to explore, more places to hide, CoD MW2 just feels like a small arena and you just gun each other down.... feels like im participating in The Running Man or something lol

Bad Company 2 Will be my new addiction when it releases
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

You can download it now. I have 8 extra keys. I love how the PC community is loving DICE because they are going to have dedicated servers yet they never released Bad Company for PC.

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

Originally posted by DannyO

So how you liking Modern Warefare 2?
    It's great, but I hesitated to buy and am still not 100% liking the MP portion of the game.

BF on the either hand, there won't be any hesitation to lay down 60-70 for it..

My Ride
    S14|TB1

You can download it now. I have 8 extra keys. I love how the PC community is loving DICE because they are going to have dedicated servers yet they never released Bad Company for PC.
    we're clinging onto the memories of BF1942-BF2

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

MW2 helped that.

And by what I have seen BFBD 2 > 1 by quite a bit anyway.

Downloading it now.

Stupid thing doesn't work yet, can't find any games.

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

Stupid thing doesn't work yet, can't find any games.
    You guys talking about the demo?

Yeah the beta, I don't think the NA servers are up yet.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

N/A servers are up! downloading an update.

edit: man o man that UAV helo with missiles

turn the audio on war radio too
    Last edited by n1zm0; 11-19-2009 at 09:45 PM.

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

FAWK! PS3 only?!?

How do you get UAV? Game is not too bad, better than BC for me. Still not as fun as COD but when I get sick of that this will be good to play for a while. The stats were working the first game I played but have stopped since for some reason. My friend noticed that snipers bullets fall if you shoot from a distance, I tried shooting rpgs which did the same. That is pretty sick.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

How do you get UAV? Game is not too bad, better than BC for me. Still not as fun as COD but when I get sick of that this will be good to play for a while. The stats were working the first game I played but have stopped since for some reason. My friend noticed that snipers bullets fall if you shoot from a distance, I tried shooting rpgs which did the same. That is pretty sick.
    Yeah BF2 the scope mil dots are fully functional up to 1000 yards iirc , my shooting buddy has it down to a science in bf2 (and in real life for that matter). Same goes for RPGs if you've ever tried bf2. Even back to bf1942 and desert combat I'm sure

The uav is not a uav for everyone I don't think just a predator type
    Heli, it's controlled with a camo booth in your forward operating base or w/e, I sat in it for a whole round! I guess it was early and no one noticed me but
    It was fun as hell just wish there was a machine gun on it as you have to wait for missiles to rearm. On your map look for a square with a chevron I think that's what it was, it will blow up if your team moves to the next objective section.
    Last edited by n1zm0; 11-19-2009 at 11:41 PM.

Damn the uav is awesome. I was in it for a while then I realized you could go down and I guess they saw me then and shot me down. For some reason I find this way funner than BC1, might be the map not sure. The biggest problem is the sniper campfest on both teams. Idiots standing way back when we are attacking, so I have to spawn there if no one else is alive. Stats are working again so I unlocked the Scar, pretty awesome in this game too. Too bad they didn't include TDM or something, this game mode takes too long and if you quit you lose points I'm assuming. I wish the beta was on 360 again, so I wouldn't have to use the crappy PS controller.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

^ if you've played any other BFs besides bad company they had the capture zone mode or w/e where each team has such and such amount of tickets and they dissipate if you dont cap enough control points.

always having this A and B bombing objective then moving up the map after kind of sucks as you used to be able to roam around to any flag undercover and cap it to get your team a new respawn point. don't get me wrong tho this map is massive but it pushed you down a projected path, hopefully this is just a beta thing.

Physics are pretty damned good imo, i've seen a hummer going full speed down the road, a russian player came out from a shack and shot the RPG round right under its rear bumper, the thing did a 45 degree pointing down went flying into the air, trunk on fire about 30ft high in an arc, started to rotate midair onto its roof and exploded on impact, i had to wait a sec and stare at the wreckage because it seriously was one of the craziest things i've seen in a video game that wasn't part of a cut scene or AI induced, it was purely player choice and skill (maybe a little luck too). like gdamned hollywood stunt or something lol

if i could take the time to do a video capture i would do it myself but heres some gameplay, as mentioned, the UAV is fken awesome!... until someone spots you.. as unfair as it is calling in laser guided missiles from a UAV while you're far away in a booth, a whole assault rifle clip can usually take them down (barely any armour), so it seems fair i guess. Let's just say this guy had a pretty damn long run compared to most:

that specific ground rocket launcher shown i had a good 30 kills on in one round, super vulnerable tho:

the whole beta from the defensive russian side pt 1/4:

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

This looks frickin awesome! I might have to get a custom PC made to play it though. Not sure my Macbook can handle the load.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

This looks frickin awesome! I might have to get a custom PC made to play it though. Not sure my Macbook can handle the load.
    recommended and min PC requirements have been released, these are for both BFBC2 and BF1943 which supposedly comes with it i heard:

Minimum Frostbite PC Specifications for BFBC2 & BF1943
    Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz
    Main memory:2GB
    Graphics card: GeForce 7800 GT / ATI X1900 Graphics memory: 256MB
    Free HDD space: 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2) 10GB for Digital Version (BF1943)

Recommended Frostbite PC Specifications for BFBC2 & BF1943
    Processor: Quadcore
    Main memory: 2GB
    Graphics card: GeForce GTX 260/ ATI Radeon 4870 Graphics memory: 512MB
    Free HDD space: 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2) 10GB for Digital Version (BF1943)
    so i wont need to make a computer!
    but of course i want to lol who wouldnt for this.

PS3 beta is ending on Dec 21st, i've had more than enough fun even with that one gdamned map over and over again and why went so hardcore for a freakin beta idk because my stats are all going to be erased anyways lol (its the experience gained before release that matters i guess), even tho there are pictures of the TONS of vehicles/weapons/attachments-perks, i still cant wait to try them for real, some nonsense stats from the few months of 300,000 player beta on PS3:

- Total kills = 45.42M
    - 9.4M kills from Vehicles
    - 3.43M Vehicles Destroyed
    - 380K Houses Destroyed
    - 1.01M Marksman Headshots
    - Total number of points awarded = 10 100 094 360
    - Total number of Revives = 2.52M
    - Total Repair Tool kills = 15.58K
    - Total Defibrillator Kills = 12.69k
    - Total Knife Kills = 1.69M
    - Total C4 Kills = 730.81K
    and a new map preview :

Xbox and PC betas sometime late this month (which i doubt will happen) or early-mid January so i've heard. Demos i assume will be out for everyone a month after that i'm gonna guess.

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast