Quantcast
What every man should do if they want to be a man. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What every man should do if they want to be a man.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Default What every man should do if they want to be a man.

I made this post on Tmuscle and I thought some guys here would appreciate it. Estrogen is an increasing problem in males in our society. It's much more common now than say 30 years ago.

Some of the issues coming from this can include: Dropped Libido, soft erections, lost muscle mass, lost bone density, higher risk of prostate cancer, higher cortisol output, low testosterone, heart disease, the list goes on and on.

So aside from some popular drugs like Arimidex (An aromatase inhibitor drug users take while on cycle) and Letrozole (a SERM[Selective Estrogen Receptor Modifier] which helps in post cycle recovery [PCT]) there are lots of natural things you can do to make sure you're a man and not wanting to go watch Twilight: New Moon more than your girlfriend.

Here is a list taken from a Naturopathic clinic site; http://www.gaianaturopathic.com/docs...metabolism.pdf

Optimizing Estrogen Metabolism

1. Minimize exogenous estrogens – meats, dairy, use of plastics, etc… (Use organic where possible).

2. Regulate bowel activity – maintain optimal elimination via making time to eliminate regularly, ensuring adequate
    exercise and increasing fiber content in diet. (see below).

3. Liver support:
     Increase foods to support healthy liver i.e. lemon water; beets; carrots etc…

4. Maintain good weight control:
     Increased fatty tissue increases estrogen synthesis
     Maintaining good weight control has an effect on balancing androgenic hormones
     Eat foods that have low glycemic index

5. Decrease pesticide/herbicide exposure – organochlorides bind to estrogen receptors and have estrogen-like effect (organic lawn and garden care and organic foods recommended).

6. Do not microwave or store food in plastics. Plastics have been shown to mimic estrogen in the body. (Yes, those Nalgene bottles too! – Bisphenol A, Pthalates

7. Eat only unprocessed yogurts and chesses (preferably organic choices). No commercial milk and milk products –
    milk is very high in estrogen b/c dairy cattle are continuously pregnant.

8. Water – drink only good quality water. Best source is reverse osmosis and to support with extra minerals. But drink at least filtered or spring water. Drink at least 8 – 10 glasses each day.

9. Increase complex carbohydrates in the form of whole grains (i.e. buckwheat, kasha, brown rice, millet, quinoa,
    etc.), starchy vegetables (no fluffy white potatoes), legumes (they decrease glycemic index). Increased glucose means increased insulin, which in turn decreases sHBG (sHBG normally binds to free estradiol) resulting in an
    increase of free estrogen in the blood.

10. Eliminate simple carbohydrates. This means no breads, cakes, cookies, muffins, sugar etc. Anything made with processed flours must be eliminated.

12. Decrease saturated fats and Increase omega-3-fatty acids.:
    Fish oil (from a good source – Nutrasea, Nordic Naturals). Omega-3 FAs enhance 2-Hydroxyestrone and shunt
    pathway away from 16-α-Hydroxyestrone (more carcinogenic than original estrogen that is being broken down).

13. Increase fiber in diet. Fiber binds unconjugated estrogens in gut. Fiber also increases bowel function decreasing the likelihood of reabsorption of estrogen products from gut due to stagnation of fecal matter.

14. Probiotics:
    a. Decrease insulin
    b. Decreases abnormal bacteria and balances gut microflora
    c. Decreases transit time of waste matter
    d. Increases bowel function

15. Flaxseed meal – highest lignan content (lignans decrease aromatase activity and increases sHBG (converts
    androstenodione to estrone). Eat 3 TBSP ground flax per day (buy a coffee grinder and grind it fresh daily). Make
    it part of your morning ritual.

16. Think twice about drugs/medications – Cimetidine, marijuana, birth control pills, synthetic estrogen (Premarin)

Couple other things I'd like to add are Zinc intake must be kept high as well. For a male more so than a female. Zinc plays a crucial role in Aromatase Inhibation, and testosterone production. Most trainers recommend upwards of 100mg/day taken evenly between two doses.

Once your Zinc levels are up a maintenance dose of 50mg is good.

Lift heavy, eat meat, eat every green vegetable you can (except green peas) and fuck a lot. Be a man again.

EDIT: Almost forgot to add one of the most important things.. I know nobody wants to hear this, but quit drinking. Especially Beer. But once or twice a month a good bender is ok. If you absolutely need to drink have a glass or two of red wine. The dryer the better. It contains Resveratrol which helps with Aromatase inhibiton aswell.

The liver is where most of the estrogen is metabolized, so an impaired liver from alcohol is at risk. Booze also drops testosterone so it's a double edged sword. A milk thistle supplement with Dandelion will help with liver support/function.
    Last edited by Darkane; 10-24-2009 at 12:39 PM.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

What's wrong with peas?

Excellent post Darkane! Thanks for sharing.

I was just about to ask about the green peas as well.
    PSN: DeceitfulWings
    XBL: DeceitfulWings

Default Re: What every man should do if they want to be a man.

Originally posted by Darkane
    I thought some guys here would appreciate it.

16. Think twice about drugs/medications – Cimetidine, marijuana, birth control pills, synthetic estrogen (Premarin)
    You mean I have to stop taking my birth control pills? darn it!

My Ride

Well in the big scheme of things green peas are ok, however they are a bit higher in sugar (see sweet peas) and have a higher glycemic load than other green veggies.

Example: 10oz (cooked weight) of green peas have 44 carbs and 15.5g Fiber. Although that's excellent lets compare to broccoli.

10oz (cooked weight) of broccoli has 20g carbs and 9.5g fiber.

So in reality I've read to keep blood a nice neutral PH around 1lb of greens should be eaten for every 50pounds of body weight. Now that's a little excessive I agree, but lets cut that in half. I personally do 30oz + of cruciferous veggies/day. About 2 pounds.

So with 30oz of broccoli I got a NET carb count of 30g, and a fiber count of about 30g.

With 30oz of peas I now got a NET carb count of 86g, and a fiber count of about 45.

It's the ratio right. Now those are obviously good carbs in the grand scheme of things that can equate to (lets use 6 days/wk with sunday being an eat what you want cheat day) an additional 336g of carbs/wk. It adds up fairly fast, and for someone like me who has terrible insulin sensitivity I have to really watch my carbs.

Keep in mind these are Green peas, and not Sweet peas

They also hit the blood a little quicker resulting in slightly higher insulin because of the lower fiber ratio.

But shit don't get me wrong a cup of peas is not BAD for you, there is just better choices. As well peas aren't anti-estrogenic like the other green's.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

Default Re: Re: What every man should do if they want to be a man.

Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

You mean I have to stop taking my birth control pills? darn it!
    It's been said because of all the synthetic hormones in Birth control that it's contaminating our waters. So in essence, yes you should stop

I'm not super convinced about that 'fact' about water, but if it's plausible then yeah avoid it. Spring water, RO etc better bet.

EDIT: Interesting..

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...cientists.html
    Last edited by Darkane; 10-24-2009 at 01:11 PM.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Hondas

Awww Fuck, according to this I should already have tits.

My Ride

Originally posted by 89s1
    Awww Fuck, according to this I should already have tits.
    Lol. No, but think of your T levels if you followed that advice.

Pretty simple actually, people don't give a fuck about their hormonal profiles - and I don't blame them.

However take a walk in Walmart on a saturday afternoon then tell me how many men with tits you see.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Silverado

haha, what a read. who wants to live like that? thanks for the laughs.

edit: mods please rename thread "what flamers should do if they want to be men"

"hey buddy, good workout today, have some water."
    "hold on one second, is this GOOD water?"
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 10-24-2009 at 06:56 PM.

My Ride
    T MR2

Originally posted by dirtsniffer
    haha, what a read. who wants to live like that? thanks for the laughs.

edit: mods please rename thread "what flamers should do if they want to be men"

Good attempt at being a douche. Hater.

Darkane excellent post, thank you very much.

hmm does this mean I should stay away from milk? I drink a lot of it everyday especially after workouts

^ milk is for nursing babies, not men

1. Minimize exogenous estrogens – meats
    Lift heavy, eat meat
    I'm not debating this, but if you could clarify what seems like a contradiction.

Very interesting read.

This weekend alone I've tampered with wild boar, elk and lamb for a complete meat diet.
    (wild bore is 26% protein)
    Last edited by TurboD; 10-24-2009 at 09:05 PM.

Originally posted by TurboD
    tell that to the people that drink a lot of milk in this thread haha

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/279241/bu...o-do-it-right/

Originally posted by KRZY403

tell that to the people that drink a lot of milk in this thread haha

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/279241/bu...o-do-it-right/
    My reference for that was a quote from Arnold:

“Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer.”
    more of a joke than anything.

My Ride

Originally posted by TurboD

I'm not debating this, but if you could clarify what seems like a contradiction.

Very interesting read.

This weekend alone I've tampered with wild boar, elk and lamb for a complete meat diet.
    (wild bore is 26% protein)
    They meant hormone injected grain fed cattle. Those are the estrogenic ones.

Grass fed, hormone free are superior in the androgen dept. Will help with testosterone production.

That's all that meant.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Where in Calgary are meats like that available?

I like the idea of the flax seed too, my fiber intake is fucking terrible right now.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by msommers
    Where in Calgary are meats like that available?

I like the idea of the flax seed too, my fiber intake is fucking terrible right now.
    Go buy a bottle of fiber powder (benefiber, metamucil etc.) A small teaspoon is 3grams of fiber. Mix it with water or coffee etc. You won't even taste it but you'll definitely notice a difference in your bowel movements.

Some of the things suggested almost seem too scientific for me. Basically I eat (high protein/low carbs), lift, exercise, lots of fiber, multi-vitamin, pro-biotic drinks but that's all negated with all the booze on the weekend.

But imagine if I didn't lift or exercise and just drank heavily, I would be fat as fuck! haha
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by dirtsniffer

Good thread or not, this is funny.

Originally posted by Darkane

However take a walk in Walmart on a saturday afternoon then tell me how many men with tits you see.
    To be fair, there are very few people out there with naturally high levels of test. who are true mesomorphs.

The reason a lot have man boobs and look like shit is because they're weak and don't condition themselves to diet or train properly.

Okay, yes, really over-simplified there, but unless you're a natural mesomorph as time passes without conditioning you're going to get fat and ugly and man-boobish

The reason I DON'T go to Wal Mart is cause of all the man tits. Otherwise, that place is superduper.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast