Quantcast
Need advice beyond as i truly did not think when i did this..... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need advice beyond as i truly did not think when i did this.....

Default Need advice beyond as i truly did not think when i did this.....

closing thread.... will just deal with it
    Last edited by dollarbillz; 11-23-2009 at 06:26 PM.

My Ride
    the ladies crazy!

SOL
    Life is a Gamble.

First of all, .

Second, you should have put on your four ways and slowed down, and probably pulled over. If you signal, people shouldn't crash into you. I don't understand how speeding up ~40km/hr was going to help you in that situation.

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

156-160 is a very crucial difference. Is the ticket for 50 over, or for 46 over?

Also, if the speedometer malfunctioned you may have had a case, but at 50 over you have no excuse.

Sorry officer, my car was breaking so I drove faster. That is a terrible reason to speed. When things are breaking down travelling at a faster rate of speed only increases the risk.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

It happened all of a sudden and i had my foot on my pedal and it bumped up rpm and speed, I know i should put on emergencies ive had it happen before in a another car, Like i said i wasn't thinking right and sped up thinking if it is the tranny it wont go any higher but it did so it couldn't have been the transmission,

I explained this to him, and im sure he seemed to beleive me as his mood went from angry to mellow, but he said too you know stupid decision but i really dont care for the consequence of insurance going up etc.. I just cant afford to have my DL suspended im willing to pay the fine.

Originally posted by atgilchrist
    First of all, .

Second, you should have put on your four ways and slowed down, and probably pulled over. If you signal, people shouldn't crash into you. I don't understand how speeding up ~40km/hr was going to help you in that situation.

Originally posted by Zero102
    156-160 is a very crucial difference. Is the ticket for 50 over, or for 46 over?

Also, if the speedometer malfunctioned you may have had a case, but at 50 over you have no excuse.

Sorry officer, my car was breaking so I drove faster. That is a terrible reason to speed. When things are breaking down travelling at a faster rate of speed only increases the risk.

its a red ticket says court no fine.... ive never gotten one cuz ive never gone that fast! it was stupid of me but i honestly thought if it is transmission it wont pick up speed? because isnt it already on gear 4...
    Last edited by dollarbillz; 11-23-2009 at 05:13 PM.

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

I doubt your going to get any sympathy on here, very dangerous/stupid driving on your part and you got caught? ahhhhh I am glad you did.
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

Originally posted by bourge73
    I doubt your going to get any sympathy on here, very dangerous/stupid driving on your part and you got caught? ahhhhh I am glad you did.
    I dont want sympathy i know i was wrong....i was just asking if there was anything i can do... I know the consequences Insurance wise which i am willing to take.... and like ive said yah i have other tickets 2 for speeding my whole life and that was over 15km/h.. never

I just wanna know what else am i gonna get hit with here now.... Or if they will just fine me in court and i pay it

so you have engine/transmission problems so you sped up? I can't follow what happenned.
    "It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong....I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives.

My Ride
    Giant Reign

hahahahahaha
    you couldn't tell the difference between 120 and 160? Your explanation that you didn't think it would speed up because it's already in fourth gear is plain ol' retarded. Good luck with that.
    Several studies have investigated the relationship between intelligence and the degree of religious belief (excluding humanism), with most showing an inverse correlation between intelligence averages and the "importance of religion" to the testee.

Originally posted by DayGlow
    so you have engine/transmission problems so you sped up? I can't follow what happenned.

I dunno what went wrong i was just driving check engine came on and within seconds rpm went all the way kaboom with foot on pedal still... honestly i did panic... and just kept foot on pedal then was slowing down but got clocked from opposite end of highway 1

LIKE I SAID I don't wanna get out of it i wouldn't dream of it i just wanna know the consequences....

My Ride
    has three pedals.

The excuse didnt fly with the cop, and it aint flying with us.

Just as bad as an excuse on e46fanatics - "I was tired".

My Ride
    sedan

I feel your pain OP, I've been in the exact same position, doing a shakedown or a clutch break in and getting pulled over for speeding, or appearing to be speeding.

Not much you can do, the courts usually don't wanna hear excuses like that because they all drive bran new cars and don't know what it's like to have to diagnose your own problems.

Take it to court and plead you case, or hire a ticket guy to fight it for you, "traffic corps" here in calgary does this.

Best of luck, don't sweat the haters too much, obviously they have never mashed the gas on the street to feel a car put power down.

It's very easy IMO to have a steady 120 and pound the gas a few times and find yourself in the high 150-160kms/h.
    Last edited by TimeAttack; 11-23-2009 at 05:28 PM.

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Default just wanna know the consequences....

firing squad?
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride
    Bicycle

1) Are you alone on the road? Where were you caught? If you are caught within city limit, you notice your tach and not blowing by everyone going 160?

2)
    3) write better english.

My Ride
    /85' Corolla GTS AE86 - 20V /06' X-Runner

Originally posted by dollarbillz

I dont want sympathy i know i was wrong....i was just asking if there was anything i can do... I know the consequences Insurance wise which i am willing to take.... and like ive said yah i have other tickets 2 for speeding my whole life and that was over 15km/h.. never

I just wanna know what else am i gonna get hit with here now.... Or if they will just fine me in court and i pay it
    Go to court, talk to the Justice of Peace and explain what happened. He decides if you're in court or not. If you're in court - you obviously plead guilty, because you did speed. You'll be hit with a, depending on your record: a fine of $500 +/- and a license suspension. You can't really do anything, a pink ticket - is well, a pink ticket. Anything 50km/h over and you're in court. It's considered foolish and reckless.

Talk to the Justice of Peace, he's there to listen and talk to the Judge if need be. Be prepared for a fine and license suspension. There isn't much you can do in that situation.

Ray

I was caught on highway 1 westbound outside city.. cop was going eastbound

and no other car's were on the road driving fast as well.... or else if i was alone i would of slowed waaay down and moved to the emergency lane

i'm sorry but why the fuck does everyone on beyond be like bla bla, going to lose your license, nothing you can do about it, be prepared for a license suspension.... full of shit...

if you are really worried about losing your license call points and they will probably save you, if not go make a sob story to the judge (not sure if you are a student or not) but typically if its a first offence and you go in alone you can get a ticket for 49 which will be 4 demerits and 350 dollars. but if you have some extra cash pay points it has worked out in the past

although I probably shoudln't help you, speeding is one thing, but your story proves you are a fucking retard....I think my transmission is fucked up, oh wait lets go 50 faster and see what that does... too bad your car didn't fuck up and blow a transmission with that type of intellect

My Ride
    sedan

Originally posted by colinxx235
    i'm sorry but why the fuck does everyone on beyond be like bla bla, going to lose your license, nothing you can do about it, be prepared for a license suspension.... full of shit...

if you are really worried about losing your license call points and they will probably save you, if not go make a sob story to the judge (not sure if you are a student or not) but typically if its a first offence and you go in alone you can get a ticket for 49 which will be 4 demerits and 350 dollars. but if you have some extra cash pay points it has worked out in the past

although I probably shoudln't help you, speeding is one thing, but your story proves you are a fucking retard....I think my transmission is fucked up, oh wait lets go 50 faster and see what that does... too bad your car didn't fuck up and blow a transmission with that type of intellect
    This is a rude personal attack on the guy, calling someone names on the internet doesn't make you look like much of an "intellectual" either.

No shit it's a personal attack... I don't care if someone is speeding at all, but if someone tells me they think that a problem is occurring with their vehicle and the response would be to accelerate up to 150+ on public roads that is definitely an issue considering his vehicle could be on the brink of breaking down and potentially causing an accident.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast