Quantcast
Whats your worst buying/selling experience? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Whats your worst buying/selling experience?

My Ride
    1989 MA70, 2006 UZN215

Default Whats your worst buying/selling experience?

Whats your worst buying and selling experiences?

Mine was when some guy said he'd buy my bent celica but never called. There's also this guy who btw is on beyond (not to name names). Was saying hed buy my car, and that he never showed up. Wasted my time that I would never get back!

My Ride
    FJC, S30

people who dont read.. ahhaha you put the price down and then they ask you the price even tho its listed
    Submaker.Illest.

anyone who comes into a thread i'm selling and says "PM me"

just pm ME.

when ppl say they will buy/sell and they dont end up doing it. waste my time with them, calling them and whatnot

My Ride
    Cup of Tea

my worst sale was when i sold my civic, i told the guy to get it inspected before he bought it and he wouldnt, and then 2 days later he called me and said it broke down on the side of the road. but i hooked him up with an awsome deal on cv joints

My Ride
    NC1

Trying to tell people that my car will not fall apart after it leaves the driveway. I list the price too high and I get flamed, I list too low, something is now wrong with the car.

I understand the test drive thing but you think I'm going to let you, a stranger, drive my car on ice in the middle of winter with summer tires?

If they want a test drive, I was thinking of towing it to a dyno shop, but not until I get a $500 deposit

They also want an inspection too, weird considering the last day I drove the car was the serviced date. I think if something was wrong, the technician would of told me

Ok done venting.......
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

buying a targus PPC keyboard on ebay. waited a month had to report to ebay and called the seller. USPS crushed the first package and delayed it, so i waited a month for the second package to arrive....

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

Originally posted by max_boost
    Trying to tell people that my car will not fall apart after it leaves the driveway. I list the price too high and I get flamed, I list too low, something is now wrong with the car.

I understand the test drive thing but you think I'm going to let you, a stranger, drive my car on ice in the middle of winter with summer tires?

If they want a test drive, I was thinking of towing it to a dyno shop, but not until I get a $500 deposit

They also want an inspection too, weird considering the last day I drove the car was the serviced date. I think if something was wrong, the technician would of told me

Ok done venting.......
    Thats retarded!.. ..if someone was actually serious about buying your car, you would think they would have some common sense!......and i dont think the deposit thing is unreasonable, it would prove if they actually had any money in the first place. avoiding test-pilots!
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    335i

I once ordered a Palm Pilot online and got an email with an invoice:

Total cost for a Palm, carrying case, and blue cover - $12, 545.00.

I flipped on them the next day because I thought they charged my credit card that much, but it turned out to be an error in their computer system. Needless to say, I didn't sleep too much that night - too many internet scams ran through my mind.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    NC1

Buddy, you have a pretty high credit limit if they can charge you that amount
    I am user #49

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

Won an item off ebay for $10. Ended up paying around $90 after shipping, duties, brokerage, etc.

Yeah ebay sucks. Especially if you ship ground UPS because broker fees only happen with ground shipment and UPS has the most expensive broker fees.

Max Boost, if they want the inspection then they're the ones losing the money anyway right? It's kind of understandable because they're trying to cover all of their bases... But then I guess the warranty until 2007 should make them feel at ease.

For me, I make it a requirement to get a used car inspected before buying but then those cars that I've looked at are older and didn't have any warranty left on them.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

From a Toyota Dealership .. long time ago, from Edmonton ..

Anyway They took my money,($3000 deposite for nothing !) never contact me, never let me know if I was approved or what, (they didn't really do my Lease application!, I was teenage, I didn't know nothing! )

Weeks after weeks, I went there once a while.. and they kept "pushing" me from buying a nice Supra Twin Turbo, to a silly Celica ! (I wanted $25,000 down, and finacing the rest,but they wanted to sell me a $25K car!) And they refused to refund my $$$ !
    End up one day, I just stayed in the showroom, refused to go to the sale office, and keep bugging them ..... end up they refunded to me !

So .. since then, I didn't like Toyota .. but I still want a Supra.

Same thing happened to my friends in other Toyota dealership, two young girls went to Toyota showroom , wanted to test drive a Solara or Camry etc... but the sale refused to, and the Sales manager asked them to leave if not buying ! End up they bought a 3 yr old GS 400 from a Acura dealership.
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by richardchan2002
    Yeah ebay sucks. Especially if you ship ground UPS because broker fees only happen with ground shipment and UPS has the most expensive broker fees.

Max Boost, if they want the inspection then they're the ones losing the money anyway right? It's kind of understandable because they're trying to cover all of their bases... But then I guess the warranty until 2007 should make them feel at ease.

For me, I make it a requirement to get a used car inspected before buying but then those cars that I've looked at are older and didn't have any warranty left on them.
    Don't get me wrong, I'll arrange everything if the buyer is serious on buying. But until I see a nice deposit I'm not booking no appointments and calling no tow truck company.
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Honda 6.5HP lawn mower

i guess it depends on how sincere their attitude.....can't judge only by money....deposit.......etc...........don't get me wrong. nothing offense
    my V-TEC is same as me. never awake