Quantcast
High beams caused by ..... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Why are so many Calgarians driving with their high beams?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • They are wearing gloves and are fumbling around with their controls and turn them on without realizing it.

5 6.10%
  • They turn them on on purpose because they have no regard for others, and think it will somehow enhance their driving prowess.

63 76.83%
  • It's always like this, you're just noticing it more now for reasons unknown.

14 17.07%

Thread: High beams caused by .....

My Ride
    2004 Lotus Esprit

Default High beams caused by .....

Calgary has now completely shut down due to the snow, and I am curious if anyone else has noticed the tremendous number of drivers using their high beams.

This could only be caused by:

My Ride
    mk3 brokestatus jetta

umm yeah... i think ive seen this type of question before...
    people are people, who knows what some of us are thinking. whatever, whats posting this on a thread gonna do?
    flash them back if its really bothering you, dont start a poll and discuss the science of highbeams.

My Ride
    '97 BMW 328is M-Sport

I thought this was about hard nipples.
    Originally posted by FraserB
    I think their main complaint is that they did not receive the stolen property they paid for.

Calgary is completely shut down?

LOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

My Ride
    2004 Lotus Esprit

Originally posted by nikka
    umm yeah... i think ive seen this type of question before...
    people are people, who knows what some of us are thinking.
    thats exactly the point. I'd like to know what the Corolla driving fuck-faces in this town are thinking. I've seen windshield scrapers, mitts, coffee mugs ... all sorts of stuff people forget on top of their car after they scrape off the snow .... cars driving around with extension cords that have been ripped out of a post somewhere .....

I can't believe how people can be thrown into such turmoil when their daily 9-5 life is disrupted in just the slightest way.

So many people are so astoundingly oblivious that it makes me

My Ride
    93 integra

Well I always have mine on since my low's decided to crap out on me. But the nice thing about having an older acura is that my headlights have definitely seen better day despite the shape of the car and they aren't super bright. I haven't gotten flashed by another driver yet.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

ask skyline_addict

Whenever some retard brings in a car and I see the highbeams on, I discreetly turn them off. And secretly wish I could cut the wires in the switch or something.
    dv/dt

Lets add the fuck nut in his Chey S-10 on Crowchild Tr. Had some nice HID's 9000K in the housing so he could see EVERYTHING. No one else could see anything. Get some proper housings so we all don't get retina damage.

*gets on scat's ranting about HID's bandwagon.

My Ride
    has three pedals.

Originally posted by mr2mike
    Lets add the fuck nut in his Chey S-10 on Crowchild Tr. Had some nice HID's 9000K in the housing so he could see EVERYTHING. No one else could see anything. Get some proper housings so we all don't get retina damage.

I know I mention it a lot but it seriously bugs the crap out of me. It's illegal, dangerous, and I wish cops would start ticketing it.

I wear contacts too and it makes my eyes sensitive to light (not an excuse), regular lights are fine but the HID / Highbeam crowd just make it worse. What I find now with the HID's are amplified (just big blurs of light) in blowing/snowing conditions which makes it even worse.

The housing is letting you down - my friends '06 A4 has awesome halogen lights. You just can't slap in an HID kit to make your lights brighter.

I was driving from nosehill to crowchild the other night (sitting on the bridge), and this F-150 comes up behind me with a set of blue HID in his halogen housings. My car is pretty low, so as he is right behind me, I can feel the headache setting in as his lights are making my interior look like a blue aquarium. I try putting up the rear sunshade, didn't really help.

So we make the turn and I go so slow, flash my hazards, trying to get him to go around me or something. I'm going 50~ in the 80 now, and he just tails me. I brake check him a bit, still no luck. He finally comes around me and just blasts off knowing exactly what I did and why I did it. I then following him with my bi-xenon on highs, see how he likes it. Ass-hat.

Another time, a civic, we were driving towards eachother - he knew why I flashed him... all he could do was turn his lights on and off. If you know why you're being flashed, why don't you go and put back in your halogen bulbs. Fuck.
    Last edited by scat19; 12-10-2009 at 12:42 PM.

luxor Guest

Originally posted by scat19

So we make the turn and I go so slow, flash my hazards, trying to get him to go around me or something. I'm going 50~ in the 80 now, and he just tails me. I brake check him a bit, still no luck. He finally comes around me and just blasts off knowing exactly what I did and why I did it. I then following him with my bi-xenon on highs, see how he likes it. Ass-hat.

Another time, a civic, we were driving towards eachother - he knew why I flashed him... all he could do was turn his lights on and off. If you know why you're being flashed, why don't you go and put back in your halogen bulbs. Fuck.

We should all do our part in flashing our highs at these assholes who put HIDs in their halogen housing. They usually can't flash you back cause most of them have their highs out for HIDs.

This reminds me of a time I was driving home one night, there was this Ford Ranger with the nastiest blue HIDs that produced a lot of glare. I high beam the asshole and he obviously couldn't high beam me back so he flips on his fogs as soon as he sees me high beam him, yeah buddy that really helps. I was just about to shut off my highs until he decided to have a pissing contest with me by using his fogs. He definitely lost that one cause I lit up his whole truck cabin with my halogen highs.

Oh also there is this one really annoying lifted Dodge Ram that has 8000K HIDs and I always see him around. Not only did this fat ass redneck neglect to lower his headlights after installing an eight inch lift kid, he throws HIDs in. I feel like smashing out his headlights every time I see him.

My Ride
    Lexus

they could be just going over a bump.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Good thread, this has got me pretty annoyed at driving as of late. I see it everywhere, you're not alone my friend.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by mr2mike

you mean his theory that you do not need to use any lights at all if you have HIDs and are only driving 5km